• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JA's - The Borderland Keep

Once arrived at the campfire, Aldin confers with his soldiers. His face seems grim and deeply serious. He hands Pendleton a slip of paper with an order for supplies to be delivered to his stead in Rosedown in the near future.

Later, at the campfire, Aldin is in tremendous spirits. His men, excepting Pendleton, are left to their own devices while Alden carouses. He plops down next to Byron Sky and drapes his arm around him. "Marster Sky, I hope I get to see some o' them goblins. It'll be important to open up this trade route. We gotta show 'em this land is ta be civilizizied."

[sblock=Shopping List]Building materials and furnishings for an inn of about eight rooms, a kitchen, a dining area, and an apartment in the same building for himself.

In addition, a quantity of various ales, meads, and brews, as well as cooking supplies.

The note also gives instructions to hire a team of experienced contractors and builders to make the journey and complete the construction of the inn.[/sblock]

OOC: Would Aldin's plans be feasible with the amount of money he just received?

J. Alexander

First Post
Alden
[sblock]For the raw materials and such yes indeed..most can be built localy including most of the furniture, and pottery/clay mugs..for the metal you would have to buy it and ship it in. The gold will run to basic ales and wines but anyting exotic or top shelf your not going to be able to buy a lot of[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Catylina and her girls enter the camp. Having located the person responsible for organising the camp and finding out where she can set up, she leaves Tatanya to organise her camp; including the wagons which are following later. Meanwhile she goes to meet with Byron Sky and the other stewards.

Catylina answers Byon's offer of tents by saying "Thank you but I have arranged for the appropriate supplies for me and the girls.

By the way how do we address you. The last thing I wish to be is discourteous."
At this she give a winsome smile.

[sblock=Shopping]- Four weeks provisions for 12 horses and 8 men.

- Camping and cooking equipment.

- Rope, grappling hooks, boards for pulling wagons out of mud.

Arrange for two experienced drivers to follow with the wagons and supplies.

She also arranges for a purchasing agent, although she does not give him any money; apart from an advance on his fee.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
"Tetke, I'm glad we have a Sage like you in our company. Knowledge is just what we most need in building up a town. By the way, are you a student of the arcane arts as well? I am one myself, though of the practical tradition of the warrior magus."

"Aldin, yes, I hope we can find a way to live in peace with the humanoids. A show of force, I've found, sometimes works better than force itself."

"Catalina, good to meet you".
Heinz gives her a quick look up and down. "We should learn more about the other Stewards, learn how to best complement each other. I'd like to see you in action."

Kaodi

Hero
Tetke's gaze slides towards Heinz. " I am an accomplished mage, yes, Mr. Walker, " say the elf as he considers the magus. " Such training has its uses in my line of work. "

As Tetke's gaze turns back towards Byron Sky, he adds, " I suppose that given your own aptitudes, you might be an adequate conversationalist. "

ghostcat

First Post
"Nice to meet you too Heinz. As it happens I have a fairly unique fighting style. If it will please you and the others, I am happy to give you all a demonstration. No opponent necessary. Just let my dinner settle first." The latter is said with a smile.

Rhun

First Post
Edoryan and his men set up their camp in short order, quickly putting up tent and shelter, and then setting to work chopping firewood and other such tasks. It is clear that they are all used to spending the nights under the stars and elements, and they go about their tasks with a disciplined efficiency.

Only after all is in proper order, and he has seen to it that his men are fed and settled in, does Edoryan move to join the conversation between the other Wardens.

J. Alexander

First Post
Warming slightly to Caitlyn's comment.." i do hold a very very very minor noble honorifc but I prefer to be called Byron or Captain sky..which ever is convient.

Kaodi

Hero
" If your brother holds a similar position, " says Tetke, " perhaps it would be best to develop the habit of addressing you by your given name, Captain Sky. "

Anyone who is at observant may have noticed by this point that Tetke has not once reached for any food or drink.

J. Alexander

First Post
His smile widening a bit he says "Yes it can be a bit confusing at times giving that were hard to tell apart....were pretty informal at home so First names work for most occasions"

Remove ads