Paizo Jessica Price (ex Paizo employee) spills the beans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
re: the Cole article

Setting aside the part where he talks about how the whole thing is his personal opinion/perspective and shouldn't be taken as gospel; the part where he talks about his own personal vendetta against the person for an unrelated earlier incident (and glossing over the troubling if not "dancing-over-the-grave-of" past of the victim in general); y'all are putting an awful lot of stock in an article that references Alex Jones.

(I joke, it's actually a pretty good example of an opinion piece where the writer acknowledges their own biases; but it is also quite wrong and lacks a perspective as I've already explained upthread and will not again because the Mod warning was like two and a half pages ago*.)

*new page edit: now three!

Without specifics, I have no clue what to even say about this. If you are going to say that something isn't true, you have to say what, otherwise it comes off as trying to cast doubt on it all. If there is something wrong, then say what you know is wrong. At this point, there's no reason to be vague about it.
Yeah...like, is she lying about them not getting hotel rooms for trans women? Or is she lying about her vacuum being broken? These are important details...

Yeah...like, is she lying about them not getting hotel rooms for trans women? Or is she lying about her vacuum being broken? These are important details...

Exactly. Like, if you are going to say someone is lying, just telling me anonymously that something they said isn't right but not telling me what does me no favors and just angers me. I'd like to believe it's not meant as a trolling or discrediting tactic, but it sure comes off as one.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Without specifics, I have no clue what to even say about this. If you are going to say that something isn't true, you have to say what, otherwise it comes off as trying to cast doubt on it all. If there is something wrong, then say what you know is wrong. At this point, there's no reason to be vague about it.

You know, I subscribed to TB for a long time, but his help in giving GG credibility was unconscionable and always poorly-considered. To me, it always came off as being out of ego, and him tossing his credibility to a nascent hate movement honestly should not be forgotten. I never wanted the man to die nor would I celebrate his death, but I suppose if I were a women in gaming on the internet, I might not be so inclined to be so kind.
I concur about the not saying what specific accusation is untrue. Without specifics... a grain of salt indeed!

As far as TB, I don't know who that is so

Sacrosanct

Legend
Exactly. Like, if you are going to say someone is lying, just telling me anonymously that something they said isn't right but not telling me what does me no favors and just angers me. I'd like to believe it's not meant as a trolling or discrediting tactic, but it sure comes off as one.
"I am an anonymous poster. I am not management. At all. I swear. Pinky Promise. Nope. Not me."

I guess to me the next question is "what can be done"?

Waiting for the jurisdiction settling labor law disputes in their place of employment to determine the exact extent of the problem and offer adequte compensation. Even if the US doesn't seem to be a pro-worker country, it's not a failed state either and I am pretty sure some of the facts mentionned in the thread (like the health hazard at the workplace, or pro-harrassment stance from the management) are certainly ground for a lawsuit that will establish the exact extent of responsabilities. Then I'll have enough information to actually "do" something, if needed.

I concur about the not saying what specific accusation is untrue. Without specifics... a grain of salt indeed!

I mean, I'm willing to entertain the idea, but you gotta tell me what's what first. Otherwise, what am I supposed to do?

As far as TB, I don't know who that is so

John Bain, aka TotalBiscuit. He was a popular YouTuber who was well-known for courting controversy and taking gaming companies to task for bad practices. Unfortunately he took the whole "ethics in gaming journalism" stuff literally and fell in with the GG crowd, giving them a whole bunch of credibility. I think his story is complicated (and a good version of it can be found here), and ultimately he died very young at 34 from bowel cancer. But suffice to say while some might find Jessica's comments about his death uncouth, I can totally understand why someone might make them.

"I am an anonymous poster. I am not management. At all. I swear. Pinky Promise. Nope. Not me."

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Disgruntled ex-employee takes to Twitter to retaliate for being termed. What am I missing here?

Mod Note:
You are missing Morrus' previous note:

"...this thread is not about the personal character of Jessica Price, and is not going to be."

Please embrace that edict going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads