• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Judgement Day (Full)

Bialaska

First Post
I think the one you may be thinking of is Mind over Body from Player's Guide to Faerun.

On first level you add either your int or charisma to your hit points instead of con modifier and after that you use con modifier as normal. In addition to that you gain +1 hp for each metamagic feat you have.

Endovior

First Post
Hmm, that's another time I've seen that...

Quick note: Buying Wish spells is cheaper then buying those books.

Observe:
The price of a Wish spell: 26530 Gp (caster level * spell level * 10; from the services table in the PHB, assume a 17th level Wizard for maximum savings)
The price of 5 Wish spells (in rapid succession, presumably): 132650
The price of a +5 book: 137500
The difference: 4850 Gp

At Epic level, you probably don't care, but note that it goes up to a full 29100 Gp if you're planning on boosting all 6. And that's one more minor item in your arsenal... that just might make all the difference. Or not. Use as you will.

Kerrz

First Post
Endovior, Rkhet posted this in response to your recommendation earlier:
Rkhet said:
SRD:

"If the additional costs put the spell’s total cost above 3,000 gp, that spell is not generally available."

That's from the same Goods and Services table of the PHB. So you'd need a DM ruling to say whether or not you can hire someone to Wish you up, because it's "not generally available."

Bront

The man with the probe
Endovior said:
Hmm, that's another time I've seen that...

Quick note: Buying Wish spells is cheaper then buying those books.

Observe:
The price of a Wish spell: 26530 Gp (caster level * spell level * 10; from the services table in the PHB, assume a 17th level Wizard for maximum savings)
The price of 5 Wish spells (in rapid succession, presumably): 132650
The price of a +5 book: 137500
The difference: 4850 Gp

At Epic level, you probably don't care, but note that it goes up to a full 29100 Gp if you're planning on boosting all 6. And that's one more minor item in your arsenal... that just might make all the difference. Or not. Use as you will.
You know, I had a thread about this subject that almost came to blows (Fairly impressive on the net). Did you include the extra cost of the spell itself? I think an XP sucking spell costs extra (might be 1 gp per xp, but that bumps the cost up)

Rkhet

First Post
Questions to the DM:

1. If I Shapechange into another monster, do I keep the inherent bonuses on my physical ability scores?

2. Can I make use of my items if I Shapechange into incorporeal undead?

3. There is a spell from Magic of Faerun, Favor of Ilmater, that I'd like to use. Can I? I'll rename it to Favor of the Martyr or something.

[edit: actually, nevermind the spell. It says Ilmater clerics only.]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads