• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Justice League 12-6-03

Aaron L

Hero
Looking neat so far. Royal Flush Gang from Batman Beyond, or were they in DC before that? I'd never heard of them before Beyond, anyway.

And listen close, it's the Teen Titans voice actors providing speech to the RFG!

Dimenhydrinate

First Post
Although familiar to viewers of Batman Beyond, The Royal Flush Gang are also classic Justice League adversaries dating back to the Silver Age. They have been around in one form or another for awhile. This line up is new to me anyway.
They are one of those everchanging roster teams I think.

http://jl.toonzone.net/royal/royal.htm covers the episode in question.

Last edited:

Klaatu B. Nikto

First Post
Aaron L said:
And listen close, it's the Teen Titans voice actors providing speech to the RFG!

Yup. For those wondering:

Ten - Cyborg
Jack - Beast Boy
Queen - Raven
King - Robin
Ace - Starfire

Dunno who played the old lady on the one armed bandit. I'm thinking Maria Canals (Hawkgirl) since she was an uncredited heckler from 'War World'.

Wycen

Explorer
I flipped it on just in time to see Hawkgirl kiss or hug somebody, but from the back it looked like Superman or maybe Batman, really broad shoulders. Who was it?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Yes it was GL. Course if you watched the show in the last two-three eps/arcs, you'd notice they've been having tension for a while.

Still love that song the Joker sang while he kicked Batman around.

That plus a few other witty comments...

paulewaug

Great joker quote was the "Scooby-do" quote.
"And they would have gotten away with it too, if I hadn't meddled with those kids!"
ha-ha!

Also!! We Finally(!) got to see Hawkgirl's face!
I was half expecting her to tell GL that she was married as one of the reasons they couldn't hook up--(Not disappointed with the way things went down though, I just thought that would be a device to keep the 'friction' up and maybe provide a lead in for HawkMan someday..)
But I am glad they finally "hooked up!"

Good episode, although I did feel the Flash was slipping a bit this time-But he did make it up in the end.
Some interesting combat between 10 and Sup's and also Jack vs. Batman.
Also I thought that the animation on the "CPR" was kind of lacking, but nice thinking on Hawkgirls part! ;)

Joker was pretty amusing. Made for a different kind of pacing than the usual episode I think.

I do think I prefer the Batman Beyond RFG more though, although I think maybe that is because (imo) they seemed more like the original RFG. In the comics they didn't have powers did they? iirc...

Robin’s voice seemed a little out of place with King I thought, because the character looked older than the voice sounded. But maybe I just associated him too closely with Robin?

I am looking forward to the Holiday episode!

Mog Elffoe

Explorer
Another great episode in a sesaon full of great episodes (and one or two not-so-great, too.) Mark Hamill's Joker is simply THE best. Man, he's good.

I dug how the Joker created the Royal Flush Gang and I liked how they were all superhuman this time around. In the comics they were all gadget-driven villains aside from Ace who was an android.

It was good to finally see Hawkgirl w/o her mask. Even when she was injured and unconscious in a hospital bed in the Justice Lords episode she still wore her mask!

Remove ads