Justice League: So, who's seen the Snyder Cut?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I have it ready to watch, but my Pathfinder game is tonight, so I have to wait until tomorrow night.

It's doing well -- so far! -- on Rotten Tomatoes, but it'll get review-bombed at some point.

Ryujin

Legend
I have it ready to watch, but my Pathfinder game is tonight, so I have to wait until tomorrow night.

It's doing well -- so far! -- on Rotten Tomatoes, but it'll get review-bombed at some point.

Judging by how my film making friends are reacting to it, you're not wrong.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
I loved it. There's some real genuine emotion here and quality film making. It just feels cohesive to me in a way that most comic book films do not. I'm most impressed by how much it feels like each character had a real purpose and somewhat of their own narrative trajectory.

Greg K

Legend
I have not seen it. The first of two reviews that I read stated that it was both had a cohesion and was better than the Whedon version, but needlessly too long at 4hrs. In the conclusion, the reviewer wrote, "The drawn-out nature of this relatively simple heroes-save-the-world plot often just amounts to a gratuitous exercise in style" and gave it a final grade was a C.
The other review gave it a 2 out of 4.

I hear the Snyder fandom giving it rave reviews; but why should they not? They lobbied (some even threatened) for it and now they feel vindicated. I'll have to wait until when I get back to the US in a few months as I don't subscribe to HBO-Max and I'm not about to subscribe just to see it. So, Looking forward to the hot take on it from Mssr. Morrus. ;)

Mallus

Legend
Just finished it, after watching on and off all day. Hot take: Snyder is the junk auteur du jour who made one of the best superhero movies, period. You could probably nominate some of the performances for Oscars.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I’ve not finished watching yet, and am taking a break (its long) but right from the very first scene you can see that this is a very different movie. The long form really works to give it emotional depth and cohesion - so far its excellent even with the strange disonance of seeing many of the same scenes again but in new and more compelling context

and just for context I thought the Whedon movie was meh and I absolutely hated BvS and still think its one of the most ridiculous attempts at the Supes story ever,

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I enjoyed it. I couldn't watch all the way through in one sitting, only because I had to stop to go to work at nearly the hour mark. Once I got home I finished it. I really liked the Batman trilogy and Man of Steel a lot. Wonder Woman was good also. I didn't need Aquaman. I always saw the DC movies as actual films. The Marvel movies were just that, movies. The DC movies I could rewatch like Star Wars or Star Trek, at least the older ones. This really was an improvement over the original release. Due to its length I may be less likely to rewatch as often as some of the others.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Tonight for me! At 4 hours I’m not sure we’ll do it in one shot though. We’ll see how it goes. I’m cautiously optimistic.

If Steppenwolf was this much of a challenge, does the Justice League stand a chance against Darkseid?
Unless they give snyder the go ahead for a sequel, we'll never know.

I'll have to rewatch the Whedon edition, but this one really gave more depth to Cyborg, along with Flash who got a few more funny moments.

I do wonder, the original plan before Snyder stepped back, was for the movie to be in two parts and how much of the four hour version would have been in the second part.

Remove ads