Justice League: So, who's seen the Snyder Cut?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Question -- the big red shield dome protecting Steppenwolf's base. What was its purpose? Who was it supposed to protect against, given that basic human weaponry dealt with it very quickly? Just in case random civilians wandered in?

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Question -- the big red shield dome protecting Steppenwolf's base. What was its purpose? Who was it supposed to protect against, given that basic human weaponry dealt with it very quickly? Just in case random civilians wandered in?
It's the next step in the Giant Beam In The Sky arms race.

Dire Bare

Legend
I was thinking that too . . . how un-amazing Apokoliptan technology is . . .

I was also noticing how somehow, Darkseid held a grudge against the world that DARED to fight back . . . but forgot which one it was?!?!

I think it's the usual for movies and comic books . . . how easy something is to defeat isn't based on solid world-building or carefully though out logic . . . it's what serves the story, or sometimes a way to pull the story out of a corner the writers put it in . . .

It's only bad when it's noticeable . . . and it was noticeable!

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Undisclipined filmmaking. Indulgent. Pacing designed for people with nothing else to do - which I don't blame just him for: WB gave him money and said "make the movie you wanted". He said he could have made a 6-hour cut. There's a reason these kinds of movies are usually 2 hours long. Otherwise just make a tv series - which this kind of feels like, especially in terms of pacing...if a binge-watched tv series didn't care about each episode's dramatic arcs. And there's so many digital effects that they can't all look good - and they really don't. Also: murdery Wonder Woman. Great.

Maybe after watching the 8 hours I haven't watched yet I'll like it more. ;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Undisclipined filmmaking. Indulgent.
Ugh. Y'know, people like different things. Can we just go back to saying what we liked or didn't like, rather than declaring ultimate truths like they're some kind of objective reality? This was completely up my alley. I loved it.

Stalker0

Legend
I went with the notion that it shielded them from satellite scans.....otherwise the world governments should have already known where Steppenwolf's base was. Batman probably as well as he has himself some satellites of his own.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Batman probably as well as he has himself some satellites of his own.
I know! 6 whole satellites! Elon Musk must be laughing at Bruce Wayne.

Which brings up a question. In a world with American billionaires like Bezos, Musk, and Gates, who have $100B+ would anybody even notice the Waynes?

Stalker0

Legend
Which brings up a question. In a world with American billionaires like Bezos, Musk, and Gates, who have $100B+ would anybody even notice the Waynes?
Which is probably just as Bruce likes it. Rich enough to have all the toys he needs, but gets to fly at least a little bit under the radar compared to some others.

Although one of the interesting things about this "older" Bruce Wayne is he really is not that careful with his secret identity anymore. Aquaman throws his identity around casually in the fish village scene and Bruce doesn't even "bat" an eye.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Which is probably just as Bruce likes it. Rich enough to have all the toys he needs, but gets to fly at least a little bit under the radar compared to some others.
The narrative never has Bruce Wayne flying under the radar. He and Lex Luthor were generally the two richest guys.The problem is that reality has overtaken the fiction, and people like Bezos and Musk are so ridiculously wealthy, that even fictional super-rich people look poor. Even superhero comic book writers ever imagined that much wealth.

Larnievc

Hero
I have it ready to watch, but my Pathfinder game is tonight, so I have to wait until tomorrow night.

It's doing well -- so far! -- on Rotten Tomatoes, but it'll get review-bombed at some point.

I saw it. I really liked it. I like Snyder films for their epic spectacle and the DC universe fits the bill (for me).

I’m not the biggest DC reader so if the characters did not exactly match the comics I did not really notice or get hot and bothered about it.

I thought it was a perfect 8.2/10.

Remove ads