• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keeping fit

EricNoah

Adventurer
I have found that when I am at my most healthy, it is because I have ramped up both diet and exercise efforts. For me, they are a magical combination.

I journal both my food and exercise each day. That way I can see patterns in terms of calorie intake and activity level.

I do still find it a constant struggle, but it's very much a part of my normal routine now (even when I'm not doing so well, it's still right there in my face for me to contemplate every day).

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
there's some studies out there that indicate that the key to weight loss is diet, not exercise. Not that exercise doesn't have benefits (like staying fit, which is not the same as being in your ideal weight range). Given that once an over-weight person is down to healthy size, they still have to manage their diet, regardless of anything else, it's a basic mathematical truth.
The studies I have read recently seem to indicate that while diet is key to weight loss, a combination of diet and exercise is best for maintaining a healthy weight. People who use diet alone have a greater tendency to put the weight back on later, and some studies suggest that weight fluctuation may be just as risky as being overweight.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads