Kholdstare's Scales of War 4E Campaign [Discussion] (FULL)

Kholdstare

First Post
Dave, I'm looking over Breena, and attempting to recreate her using the Character Builder. However, I can't seem to find her encounter or daily power (Sword of Sigils, Dance of the Sword) as Swordmage options. Am I missing something is my use of the CB?

Kholdstare

First Post
Hm... I hope no one minds if I experiment, since we have a larger party, I'd like to try out the assassin. I figure it won't hurt so much if I don't do so well initially until I get the hang of it. :p Will work him out either tonight or tomorrow.

Just so long as he plays nicely with others... ;)

Theroc

First Post
Just so long as he plays nicely with others... ;)

Wandering mercenary who returned home to find his entire family taken/killed by the events that spark this adventure(Looked at the little background bit.) Gives part of his soul for the added skills to bring terror and ruin to the people who killed his family.

Pretty sure he'll play nice with anyone who lets him kill those responsible. :p

Kholdstare

First Post
Huh...now I'm trying to build hafrogman's ranger, and I don't see the Hunter Fighting Style as an option. Something odd is going on, it's as if the CB isn't showing me all the options. Anybody more familiar with this thing that can help me out?

drothgery

First Post
Dave, I'm looking over Breena, and attempting to recreate her using the Character Builder. However, I can't seem to find her encounter or daily power (Sword of Sigils, Dance of the Sword) as Swordmage options. Am I missing something is my use of the CB?

They're from Arcane Power, and should show up if you haven't explicitly disabled that book and you've downloaded an update that contains Arcane Power (I'm not sure what's in the free download at this point).

I've attached a character builder file to my original post (though you should be able to import her from just the summary).

drothgery

First Post
Huh...now I'm trying to build hafrogman's ranger, and I don't see the Hunter Fighting Style as an option. Something odd is going on, it's as if the CB isn't showing me all the options. Anybody more familiar with this thing that can help me out?

He's using a Martial Power 2-based build. It kind of looks like your copy of character builder hasn't been updated with some more recent books (though not all that recent; Arcane Power and Martial Power 2 are from last year).

When I start the Character Builder I get this screen:

attachment.php

If you're not seeing 'up to date' in the top right corner and 'no update available' in the lower left, then you're probably missing an update.

Attachments

• cbintro screen.jpg
    cbintro screen.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 150

Kholdstare

First Post
Well, I became a subscriber today, and downloaded the character builder. But Arcane Power doesn't seem to be included as a resource. And, unfortunately, the program doesn't seem to be able to access the update server. I suppose my Norton Internet Security program might be to blame for that...wouldn't be the first time.

Any of you guys know how to get Norton to allow me to update this thing? I'm not too tech savvy, sadly.

hafrogman

Adventurer
So it's not automatically popping up to tell you it's blocking and asking if you want to allow? Does your computer have multiple user accounts? Perhaps you need to be logged in as an administrator. Otherwise, open up Norten itself and see if it has an option for excluding certain programs from it's block, and add the character builder (be sure to add the program file itself, and not a shortcut if you're using one). I'm afraid I'm not too experienced with Norten specifically.

drothgery

First Post
Well, I became a subscriber today, and downloaded the character builder. But Arcane Power doesn't seem to be included as a resource. And, unfortunately, the program doesn't seem to be able to access the update server. I suppose my Norton Internet Security program might be to blame for that...wouldn't be the first time.

Any of you guys know how to get Norton to allow me to update this thing? I'm not too tech savvy, sadly.

You'll probably need to create a firewall exception for the character builder updater; I'm not sure how you do that in Norton, though.

Remove ads