• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingdom Lost - Episode 2 "Department 7"

Tokiwong

First Post
Department 7, Malibu Offices

“So what did you think,” Harvey says with a knowing smile, sitting on a desk while Jane clicked away at the keys.

“I think you are crazy, but I have to agree getting two scions on board would be nice, if for nothing else, we can learn more about them through direct observation,” Jane replies.

“I think that in three days we will see them again, and they will have made their decision,” Gabriel speaks softly. He folds his arms across his chest and sighs, “I do believe that my presence was a bit unnerving but if they are to work here in this office then they must learn to deal with other sentient beings like myself, that are not human.”

“Sure, I am already used to it,” Harvey smirks.

“You are the exception to the rule, you were never normal to begin with,” Jane quips.

“I don’t like being normal,” Harvey says as he stands up, “I think I am going to hit the school again and try to take a second look at that crime scene if I can.”

“Why we know that a cult to Mammon is operating in the area, just not sure where, or by whom yet?” Gabriel counters.

“Yeah, but I am just trying to catch something to break this case wide open, it isn’t every day you find Infernal script at a crime scene, especially in Malibu,” Harvey smiles.

“Indeed,” Gabriel replies thinking.

The Deck, Crime Scene

“Detective Rose, forensics is giving a thorough sweep, hey where did the witnesses go?” the uniformed officer asks as Detective Rose watched the officers work. He glances over his shoulder giving the officer a curt nod before replying.

“They were turned over to another department, I would not worry about them,” Detective Rose turns fully to the officer, “keep me informed.”

Detective Rose lifts his cell phone to his ear, as he walked towards the rear of the building for some privacy. He hits a number simply labeled, “Spider” and waits for the other side to pick up. A female voice answers in lyrical yet sinister language, “Thain, how interesting that you would call at such an hour?”

The detective replies, “Mistress, I had a run in with Department 7, this evening. I believe they may have become active in this area, if they are here then both Project Omega and the Inquisition must not be far behind. If anything this may be a prime opportunity to learn more about Department 7 and their operations.”

“Thain you presume to think you can handle this situation?” the female voice hisses.

“The Spider Queen gives me favor, mistress, if anything we can eliminate both the Golden Serpents and the growing Goblinoid menace and secure our position, for our House. Mistress allow me the honor to handle this, I shall not fail you,” Detective Rose replies in the same strange tongue.

“The Spider Queen does not brook failure Thain, but you have proven your skills, I shall allow you this honor. This conversation has ended,” the voice hisses once more before the phone line goes dead.

Detective Rose placed the phone in his jacket, and smiles, as he walks back to the police officers. He speaks to one of them, “I need you to get me contact information for Miss Sakura Chance; I want to follow up with her on tonight’s incident.”

“I thought another department was going to handle that?” the officer replies.

“I didn’t ask for questions, just get it on my desk by the morning,” Detective Rose says as he walks to his car…

Festy_Dog

First Post
JimAde said:
Dexter rolls his eyes at James, out of Selene's line of sight.

James smiles and shrugs.

"Well I'm going home for a little while to get changed into some fresh clothes, should be back before the pizza arrives, hopefully. Anyone want me to grab anything while I'm out?" he asks.

After everyone's had their say about it he'll trot home for a little while, get changed, and pick up whatever from a store which is still open on the way back.

JimAde

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
James smiles and shrugs.

"Well I'm going home for a little while to get changed into some fresh clothes, should be back before the pizza arrives, hopefully. Anyone want me to grab anything while I'm out?" he asks.
"Get me a case of Mountain Dew, would ya," Dexter asks as he starts tracking down info on Krista. "The pizza place only has Croak products."

[OOC: Research is now +13. If necessary, Dex will try to crack security to get more information, either from Pepperdine, the frat web site (if they have one) or whatever. He will NOT try to crack government/police sites without talking to the others first. Computer Use +12, +1 equipment bonus for upgraded computer]

Shalimar

First Post
"Sure, see you then. Bye Koga." Sakura says before clicking her cell off and slipping it back into its clip on her pants. She sighs and heads back inside to her desk where she flops down in her chair.

"So what does everyone think about department 7? Do you guys think we can trust them about all of this stuff? It seemed like they were telling us straight, I just don't know. Its all a bit much to take in all at once, but I still want to learn everything about it that I can, I mean, its my life." she says with a sigh. "Its both of our lives I guess." she says to Selene.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Tokiwong said:
Selene nods listening, “Well if I am not safe at home, then I will swing by in the morning, and grab some stuff and stay at your place,” she says with a slight nibble on her lips to Dan, “I am trusting your judgment, you are the experts, not me.”

“Unless you don’t want me to cramp your style,” she pouts slightly to Dan.
"Style? Oh, no, but, uh... okay."

Dan's reasonably panic-stricken at the thought of Selene sleeping in his apartment. Basic logic pretty much takes a holiday. But he's grateful as Sakura, as usual, takes charge and keeps the conversation rolling.

"So, uh, Sakura, how'd you do that? With the, um, needle?"

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
Shalimar said:
"So what does everyone think about department 7? Do you guys think we can trust them about all of this stuff? It seemed like they were telling us straight, I just don't know. Its all a bit much to take in all at once, but I still want to learn everything about it that I can, I mean, its my life." she says with a sigh. "Its both of our lives I guess." she says to Selene.
"All I know is there's been some seriously weird stuff going on," Dexter says without looking up from the screen. "And these guys are the only ones we've found so far who seem to have a clue about it. Well, besides the nut cases with the guns and the black van, that is. If we want more information we'll have to deal with them again. And unless I was hallucinating, I saw you move something with your mind. Right?" He takes a pen from the holder on his desk and holds it in the palm of his hand. He regards Sakura levelly and says, "Can you do it again, when they're not around?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:

Selene replies, "I agree it does deal with both of our lives... and as much as the red-tail-guy creeped me out, I want to know more."

She just smiles to Dan, giving him a big hug, and then lets the conversation continue.

Dexter rolls a 29 for his Research check, and for Computer check he gets a 14, since he mentioned he was defeating computer security. He is successful with his Research check but more information is behind Computer Security.

Dexter is able to pull up quite a bit of info on Krista. She has a police record, when she was 19 she got caught driving intoxicated in Orange County. She straightened out after that, went to Pepperdine and has been on the Honor Roll the whole time, and involved in several on campus organizations. She is also a campus Ministry Leader, and involved in the church on campus. She works on campus at the administration office, and has been living in her apartment for about fourteen months.

You don’t find much on Jacob other then he I a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Other then that, he goes to the school at Pepperdine, and you have a class roster but he does not seem too involved outside of his Fraternity attendance.

It will take Dexter about 4 hours to gather all that info.

Festy_Dog

First Post
James arrives back about half an hour later, with a case of Mountain Dew under one arm and assorted bottles of softdrink under the other. He's cleaned himself up a bit, and changed into something different.

"Pizza here yet?" he asks as he puts the drinks down and looks around eagerly.

JimAde

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
James arrives back about half an hour later, with a case of Mountain Dew under one arm and assorted bottles of softdrink under the other. He's cleaned himself up a bit, and changed into something different.

"Pizza here yet?" he asks as he puts the drinks down and looks around eagerly.
"No," Dexter says looking at his watch. He grins evilly and says, "And if they don't get here in exactly four and one-half minutes, it's free!"

Shalimar

First Post
"I am pretty sure I can do it again, I mean, I saw what was going to happen with Selene tonight this afternoon and no one was around me." she told Dexter, with a frown. She begins to concentrate on the pen he was holding in his hand, before she had only made the needle move in an outburst of anger, fine control, to move the pen calmly was much more difficult, and required a lot of concentration. It was the first time she was consciously trying to move something with her thoughts.

Concentrating on the Pen, it slowly floats out of Dex's hand, and makes lazy circles around him, and then circles around Selene, and it stops in front of Dan's face. A little extra concentration, and it spells out D + S on Dan's forehead.

"So uh, do you still think its them doing it and not me?" she asks Dexter.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads