• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingdom Lost - Episode 2 "Department 7"

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"Sandra, I know its kind of late, I just wanted to give you a heads up as soon as I got the info, I figured it would let you figure out what to do." Sakura tells the woman. "Tonight we went to the club that Selene's band was playing at, and it was a pretty eventful night. I'll spare you the details, but, David was there, trying to kiss her. She ended up with us after her set, and she told us that they had had an affair. That's your proof, I don't know what you want to do with it, I can't even begin to think of how hard its gonna be for you and Sean. I'll get her to make a statement on camera and then you'll have physical proof to take to court."

"Just stop by tomorrow, and we can finish all of this up here and let you get on with what you need to do." she says, trying to reasure Sandra that she was in control and also to convey that they had reached the end of what the Detective agency could do for her (Diplomacy Check, take 10, result of 19).

Sandra pauses for a long while before speaking, "Thank you, at least I have some peace of mind now. I will be by tomorrow, I can't tell you how much better I feel knowing the truth now..." she says with a sniffle, "I need to go, I will be by tomorrow afternoon."

She hangs up the phone.

Meanwhile...

Selene smiles, "Just get everything," she winks to Dexter, "so is this like what detectives do, just research all night and shoot at people? Oh and of course eat cookies?"

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokiwong said:
"so is this like what detectives do, just research all night and shoot at people? Oh and of course eat cookies?"

James laughs, having regained a good mood after some thought, and the prospect of a filling meal of pizza. He had taken a moment to remove his vest, and was fussing over the damage caused by the bullet it took.

"Cookies are one the job's highlights you see. That and saving the odd damsel in distress," he tells Selene jovially, "Seriously though, the job can get tedious, and I'd doubt anyone here ever imagined becoming a private detective for a living. I rather liked my old job back home, but sh:)t happens, and here I am in LA."

James frowns again for a moment, but something has made him happy enough to let the frown slide.

Shalimar

First Post
Sakura's heart goes out to Sandra, she just can't help feeling bad for the woman and her son, that her husband was cheating on her should have been grounds to remove his equipment and make sure he could never cheat with anyone else again. It wasn't even that she blaimed Selene for it happening, if not her, then David would have cheated with someone else, it just wasn't fair to Sandra or Sean. Even as sad as she is about the cheating, she still cannot get everything that had happened out of her thoughts. 12 hours ago she hadn't believed in psychics, and now she was one, a telekinetic, and that wasn't even the half of it, because she could do a party trick, now she and Selene were gonna be hunted by psycho soldiers trying to eradicate the Scions whatever those were.

At least there was a possibility of getting to be a cop, even if it was in some weirdo department, it was still something she would jump at the chance for. The female invesitgator quickly dials the number to her brother's Cell, expecting him to be at home at this time of night.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Pointy Teeth. Instant Healing Goo. Scions. Angels.

Dan spends the first while back at the office just sitting next to Selene, being silently supportive while she answers Dexter's questions. Her flirtatiousness with every other guy in the room starts to sour him a little and he gets up, pacing to the windows and back out.

"I'm pretty sure those Department Seven weirdoes are investigating the Pepperdine murders. I encountered Harvey in the Best Buy and that was the first thing he asked me about. So they must think Selene's involved somehow."

He nods to Dex.

"I think we should investigate this Krista and her boyfriend. Maybe that's the connection to the murders."

A sudden, very ugly thought occurs to him.

"If that IS the connection, then, uh, Selene, you might not be so safe, um, back at your, uh, room."

Tokiwong

First Post
barsoomcore said:
Pointy Teeth. Instant Healing Goo. Scions. Angels.

Dan spends the first while back at the office just sitting next to Selene, being silently supportive while she answers Dexter's questions. Her flirtatiousness with every other guy in the room starts to sour him a little and he gets up, pacing to the windows and back out.

"I'm pretty sure those Department Seven weirdoes are investigating the Pepperdine murders. I encountered Harvey in the Best Buy and that was the first thing he asked me about. So they must think Selene's involved somehow."

"Great," she replies with a sigh.

barsoomcore said:
He nods to Dex.

"I think we should investigate this Krista and her boyfriend. Maybe that's the connection to the murders."

A sudden, very ugly thought occurs to him.

"If that IS the connection, then, uh, Selene, you might not be so safe, um, back at your, uh, room."

Selene nods listening, “Well if I am not safe at home, then I will swing by in the morning, and grab some stuff and stay at your place,” she says with a slight nibble on her lips to Dan, “I am trusting your judgment, you are the experts, not me.”

“Unless you don’t want me to cramp your style,” she pouts slightly to Dan.

Meanwhile…

Sakura dials the number it takes four rings before the phone is answered, there is loud music in the background, and men shouting. She finally hears Koga’s voice, “Hey… Sakura? I was just thinking about you, oh wait excuse me…”

There is a long pause but the noise level dies down, “Sorry about that, what’s up?”

Shalimar

First Post
Sakura raises an eyebrow at all the noise and commotion and partying she can hear, since when did Law Student's who were interning in the DA's office party so late? Not that she knew any but her brother, but, oh well. "Hey this is gonna sound really crazy but, something happened today. This morning I had a vision in the middle of a parking lot that this girl I know was gonna get killed by a couple of psychos, and me and my partners got into a firefight with the guys from the vision trying to save the girl. We did and all, the guys were even caught by the cops too." Sakura says before pausing and heading outside for some privacy to speak to her twin.

"Thats not the crazy part. This Detective Harvey guy from something called Department 7 shows up and gets the cops to let off and he brings us to this church. He tells us the reason that they were after the girl is that shes a psychic, what he called a Scion, it had something to do with angels from what I could tell. He told me I was a Scion as well because of my vision, and uh... also because I made some stuff float around." she shifts the phone to her other hand and ear, "Well he also said since we are twins that you might be one too, so those psychos might come after you too. Look, you know I don't believe in anything crazy like this, but I really moved that needle just by thinking about it, and all of this is really freaking me out. I just wanted to talk to you." she says, almost defensively and its easily apparent to her twin that she really believes all of what she said, something thats totally out of character for her earthly nature.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
Sakura raises an eyebrow at all the noise and commotion and partying she can hear, since when did Law Student's who were interning in the DA's office party so late? Not that she knew any but her brother, but, oh well. "Hey this is gonna sound really crazy but, something happened today. This morning I had a vision in the middle of a parking lot that this girl I know was gonna get killed by a couple of psychos, and me and my partners got into a firefight with the guys from the vision trying to save the girl. We did and all, the guys were even caught by the cops too." Sakura says before pausing and heading outside for some privacy to speak to her twin.

"Thats not the crazy part. This Detective Harvey guy from something called Department 7 shows up and gets the cops to let off and he brings us to this church. He tells us the reason that they were after the girl is that shes a psychic, what he called a Scion, it had something to do with angels from what I could tell. He told me I was a Scion as well because of my vision, and uh... also because I made some stuff float around." she shifts the phone to her other hand and ear, "Well he also said since we are twins that you might be one too, so those psychos might come after you too. Look, you know I don't believe in anything crazy like this, but I really moved that needle just by thinking about it, and all of this is really freaking me out. I just wanted to talk to you." she says, almost defensively and its easily apparent to her twin that she really believes all of what she said, something thats totally out of character for her earthly nature.

Koga listens not saying anything until she finishes, “Wow, so okay let me get this straight, you think you have psychic powers, and that I might have some powers, and that people might come after me? This isn’t your idea of a joke is it? Course not…”

“Well I don’t know what you want me to do, but I think you need some vacation time it sounds like, maybe take a weekend and just go somewhere like Big Sur or something, it sounds like you need it. I mean I am not going to say I don’t believe you, but this all sounds pretty strange Sakura you have to realize this, right?” Koga asks.

“Tell you what, I am not working tomorrow, do you need me to come down there, so we can talk this out?” he finishes.

Shalimar

First Post
"Koga I know how strange all of this stuff sounds, really, I do, and if it was happening to someoneelse I wouldn't believe it either, but you know me, you know I wouldn't just make something like this up. Look, I have another meeting with those Deptartment 7 guys in 3 days, they said they were able to tell if a person is a Scion, so I want you to come with me." Sakura tells her twin, sounding woried, which is the total upset of what she normally is, she always seems to have a calmness to her, a sort of balance, and with it gone its easy to tell how upsetting all of this is to her."Yea, if you wouldn't mind, I would like to see you tomorrow, I'll meet you at the Temple." she tells him, speaking of the Shinto temple that their grandfather had built, and at which they both went to meditate and practice Aikido. "I know you don't entirely believe me about all of this, so I'll show you what I did in person."

JimAde

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Selene nods listening, “Well if I am not safe at home, then I will swing by in the morning, and grab some stuff and stay at your place,” she says with a slight nibble on her lips to Dan, “I am trusting your judgment, you are the experts, not me.”

“Unless you don’t want me to cramp your style,” she pouts slightly to Dan.
Dexter rolls his eyes at James, out of Selene's line of sight. Then he says, "Ok, I'll start looking into Krista and her boyfriend." He hands Selene a notepad. "Just write down as much as you know of their full names, addresses, phone numbers, that kind of stuff. I'll get started on it right away and I should have something for you guys when you come in in the morning. Oh, and if you know the name of the frat he belongs to that would be handy too. I should be able to get a list of associates that way."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"Koga I know how strange all of this stuff sounds, really, I do, and if it was happening to someoneelse I wouldn't believe it either, but you know me, you know I wouldn't just make something like this up. Look, I have another meeting with those Deptartment 7 guys in 3 days, they said they were able to tell if a person is a Scion, so I want you to come with me." Sakura tells her twin, sounding woried, which is the total upset of what she normally is, she always seems to have a calmness to her, a sort of balance, and with it gone its easy to tell how upsetting all of this is to her."Yea, if you wouldn't mind, I would like to see you tomorrow, I'll meet you at the Temple." she tells him, speaking of the Shinto temple that their grandfather had built, and at which they both went to meditate and practice Aikido. "I know you don't entirely believe me about all of this, so I'll show you what I did in person."

“It’s not that I don’t believe you, just a little hard to accept, but I know you wouldn’t lie to me, not about something that has you this shaken. I can meet you at the temple you can see my new car I got this week, a Skyline GT imported from Japan, very slick, investments finally paying off,” he chuckles into the phone.

“Whoa,” he says to the part about meeting Department 7, “I doubt I could make it, I got some big projects kicking off this week, and as much as I know you want me there, I need to pay the bills. As much as I would like to be there, it’s probably not going to happen, but we can talk about this more tomorrow okay? I have to go, the guys will be wondering where I am at, bye Sakura, see you tomorrow,” he hangs up.

Meanwhile… Selene nods, and starts writing down everything she can remember about Krista and hr boyfriend, Jacob. She continues to chat incessantly about anything but makes sure to stay close to Dan, feeling more comfortable around him then the others, but makes pleasant conversation nonetheless.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads