• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingdom of Ashes IC discussion (What if we held a war and *everybody* came?)

The treaty between the orcs and the Army of the Phoenix is completely dependent upon the success of our rebellion. When, and only when, Jaine is seated upon the throne, as the rightful queen, the Orcs will recieve their payment: control of their lands as well as a seat on the nobles council and a "piece" of Oceanus. This "piece" of the city is a totally ambigious thing-- realistically, I have no idea what it means... that is for Jaine to decide...

To be honest, I think that they gain little from this deal... but, only time will tell.

Laurel

First Post
To finish off the conversation unless anyone wants to add...

"It will be her kingdom when she takes the throne, so hopefully the light shall guide her to make the right choices now." Hearing a quickly approaching bird squawk, L'Aurel's eyes take on a distant look and she glances behind her and issues forth a strange bird call.

The_Universe

First Post
Just posting to get re-subscribed to this thread. You've got 1 full minute IC before the next wave hits--so, have sixty seconds of discussion while Xath uses the wand however many times she can in a minute. :)

Laurel

First Post
PS- You can just go to Thread Tools and subscribe that way without posting.

L'aurel recoils the whip and places it on her hip as she quicly speaks to Pendra making sure she has no wounds or injuries (the little eagle who apparently slept through the attacks :heh: )
"Well, that was fun," Smiling grimly L'aurel re-focuses her bow on the next group swarming towards them. "This time I will try to stay standing."

Last edited:

Laurel

First Post
Please don't shoot him!!!!! L'Aurel if she comes back would be pissssssed!!!!

While everyone is in heated discussion or too distraught to act, the big bird continues to gently nudge Dorn out of the way with as much sadness in his eyes as an avian can. Using his gray and black speckled wings, he gently pushes L'Aurel's body towards him. If anyone were watching it would look as if the bird is trying to protect her from anything else.

With a light push of it's great wings it quickly takes to flight, scattering the light snow that has begun to powder on the hard dirt now red with blood. Not knowing were to go or what to do, the giant eagle goes to the place where they first met, the place he knew that calmed her. This proud beast does not want to share his friend anymore. As his mind churns he sees only that she said she would be safe and protect- they did not uphold this. he knows her love for each and so can not act against them, but feels betrayed.

He raises in just two quick flaps of it's wings and settles in the upper branches of Link's tree, easily positioning L'Aurels limp body in the curve of barren branches and looks to be on sentry for anything going near it or her.....

Last edited:

Justice's eyes burn. She is angry. She is more than angry.

She looks up at the enormous bird--looks up at the body of one of the few she can call kin and the tears flow freely.

"She will get to the magic she requested if I have to take her myself. Xath, if you cast that spell on us, Thane and I can fly faster than anything in that army. We can make it to the portal stone in mere moments! Quickly, Xath, quickly!"

Justice slumps to the ground, sobs shaking her armor-clad shoulders. Grabbing fistfulls of snow-moistened mud, she whispers, "I promise you L'Aurel, I will do all I can to save you."

Last edited:

AIM-54

First Post
Kaereth surveys the situation, closes his eyes for a moment and takes a few breaths, just as Master Ryoko taught him so long ago. Thinking of home for another moment, he recalls the similarities of life between One Oak and Hyrwl, though the changes wrought by the refugees dispelled some of them.

He opens his eyes.

"Now not time to rush. We all sad by Laurel death." He pauses, recalling her courage. "We all angry. But must be wise. She expect that of friends. More at stake here than her. She die good death. Brave. In battle. She want come back, yes. But battle still here. Maybe in balance. We do good, kill big dragon. We make sure we win, then help Laurel."

He looks around, hoping his words have had some effect and panting slightly from the effort of saying so much.

Archon

First Post
below a calm surface...a tempest's fury.

Archonus surveys the battle for a moment not really looking at anything just looking away from the Circle, trying to get a control on his emotions. After a moment he turns around his unmasked face tense from control. Looking to Justice he speaks.
"We can't do anything for her right now. we are all exhausted and the city still needs us." to Xath. "If you rest your powers can take us to Caer Melyn."
to all, meeting everyone's gaze one at a time, "She has a chance but we must wait. the fastest way to get to help is to use Xath's magic but she has to rest first. we..." looks away for a second trying to maintain control of himself. "we will bring her back. until we can though, this city still needs us. We must find Jaine and follow her lead. The Circle is broken but it is not yet destroyed. We no longer fight for Hyrwl for Jaine or for the Light. Tonight, we few fight for L'Aurel."

Justice looks up at Archonus from the ground... slowly, she stands. Her knees shake under her own weight. Soaked in blood, as much her own as her enemies, she speaks:

"Rest becomes incredibly un-important when your family is at risk. I am fine. And, I am more than willing to leave at this moment. The battle is turning in our favor. The longer we wait, the more likely it is that L'Aurel will never come back. Xath, can you get us where we need to go without rest? Or shall I go alone?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads