Knightfall's World of Kulan Art Challenge Thread!

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Oh yes, Knightfall. I understood the "no pay" part. haha. I just thought it'd be fune to flex my artistic muscles on someone ELSE'S world/stuff for a change of pace. And a little competition (the thread was for a contest/challenge) is always good for the soul.

I am totally good with accepting "exposure." ...Wait...that didn't come out quite right. lol.

--SD
PS: some cartography isn't out of the question, either.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Oh yes, Knightfall. I understood the "no pay" part. haha. I just thought it'd be fune to flex my artistic muscles on someone ELSE'S world/stuff for a change of pace. And a little competition (the thread was for a contest/challenge) is always good for the soul.

I am totally good with accepting "exposure." ...Wait...that didn't come out quite right. lol.

--SD
PS: some cartography isn't out of the question, either.
All right, just making sure. ;)

So, monster located at the following link is my next challenge to all the EN World artists...

Dracovaran (dead link)

Dracovarans are tauric creatures related both to dragons and lizardfolk. They are the servants of Mirella, The World Goddess. They travel the world protecting the Balance wherever they go. They are allies of druids, and rangers (as well as the Knights Majestic of Harqual).

Dracovarans look like a large blue dragon with the torso, arms and head of an enlarged lizardfolk. They have scales like that of a blue dragon, even on their upper torso but with a white underbelly, which continues on under their draconic half. Their eye color ranges from burnt orange to sky blue.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Sounds cool.

I'll see what I can do...and get it up here soon as I can find a scanner.

Any traditional weapon or powers? I presume they have some kinda electrical manipulation or control.

...ok...I'm getting an image...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Sounds cool.

I'll see what I can do...and get it up here soon as I can find a scanner.

Any traditional weapon or powers? I presume they have some kinda electrical manipulation or control.

...ok...I'm getting an image...
Combat
A dracovaran can deliver devastating attacks with its claws and forelegs, as well as with its wings. When using manufactured weapons a dracovaran fights with an enlarged greatclub and enlarged javelins. The creature carries multiple javelins on a harness on its back in order to deliver a full attack from range before closing in with its large greatclub.

Blindsense (Ex): Dracovarans can pinpoint creatures within a distance of 80 feet. Opponents the dracovaran can’t actually see still have total concealment against the dracovaran.

Breath Weapon (Su): An 80-ft. line of lightning; 8d6 damage; reflex save for half (DC 28), can be used every 1d4 rounds.

Create/Destroy Water (Sp): A dracovaran can use this ability three times per day. It works like the create water spell except that the dracovaran can decide to destroy water instead of creating it, which automatically spoils unattended liquids containing water. Magic items (such as potions) and items in a creature’s possession must succeed on a Will save (DC 24) or be ruined. This ability is the equivalent of the 1st-level spell.

Keen Senses (Ex): A dracovaran sees four times as well a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. It also has darkvision out to 160 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and dracovarans can function just fine with no light at all.

Meatboy

First Post
Here's a sketch of the baklath!

baklathcopy.jpg

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Working on Dracovaran concepts now...(Query to Knightfall: The blue dragon element of the dracovaran...are you envisioning the "Draconomicron" model of blue dragon? i.e. should the "rhino horn" a trait I should worry about? In all honesty, it is my LEAST favorite re-design of dragon WotC came up with. But my personal feelings are irrelevant to your image of your world.)

...and honestly, I know it's years old, but I'm really interested in giving the desert elves a shot. My mind IMMEDIATELY goes to the desert elves of Elfquest...but I know, from their description that they are not necessarily like that...hope you don't mind if I give them a shot.

anyway...need a scanner dammit! grrrr. lol.

Stuff will get posted soon, I promise.

Meatboy

First Post
Thanks! In all honesty the baklath are a very simple design of goblin + batwings. I would be very surprised to see something that didn't come out looking close to these guys.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Last edited:

Remove ads