D&D General Kobold Press Going Down a Dark Road

John Lloyd1

Explorer
I'm been off the WOTC wagon for a while. Care to hear the good news on Indie TTRPGs? Try Golden Sky Stories!

That sounds good. I've played Do: Pilgrims of the Flying Temple which was good. Not a RPG, but more a story game.

Bolares

Hero
Eberron: Rising from the Last War was neither a sweeping reboot nor a cut-and-paste reprint. There were some small changes, and obviously the mechanical updates, but overall it was recognizably the same setting from 3E and 4E.
Well, to be fair Eberron is really easy to update.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I used to really hate the prequels... But as time passed I started to focus on what I liked about them isntead of my criticisms. Today I think it's okay, I even rate episode 3 higher than episode 6.
I feel the same way about them, especially as elements from that era have been handled in other parts of the franchise  so much better than they were in the actual films.

mamba

Legend
I used to really hate the prequels... But as time passed I started to focus on what I liked about them isntead of my criticisms. Today I think it's okay, I even rate episode 3 higher than episode 6.
Episode 3 is certainly the best of that trilogy, I do not rate it higher than 4-6 though

I was a little older when I saw episode 6 for the first time... The ewoks are a hard sell.
I don't understand the ewok hate... I have been listening to it since I was a teen. It's not like the empire had tactical geniuses at the battle and they designed most of there weapons more for intimidation then for actual combat.
The AT ST is the worst designed military vehicle I have ever seen. We saw the much bigger heavier and sturdier AT AT taken down by some cord.

Bolares

Hero
I don't understand the ewok hate... I have been listening to it since I was a teen. It's not like the empire had tactical geniuses at the battle and they designed most of there weapons more for intimidation then for actual combat.
The AT ST is the worst designed military vehicle I have ever seen. We saw the much bigger heavier and sturdier AT AT taken down by some cord.
I don't know, I just didn't buy a bunch of teddy bear's with sticks and stones (and some really big logs) vanquishing the imperials on a really important location that assured the emperor's survival. It all made them look like giant fools to me. But again... kids movie that I saw later than I should.

Vaalingrade

Legend
It's even more of a mystery coming from the generation (not saying Bolares is part of it, but I hear it from my generation most) that felt the need to make literally every small and innocent thing into a horror monsters or creepy motif. Sure, Chuck E Cheese needs to have dead kids and Winnie to Pooh needs to kill people with an axe, but a teddy bear village can't Rambo their way through the guys who have sucked and failed through three and a half movies?

Remove ads