D&D 5E Krynn's Free Feats: setting-specific or the future of the game?

What's the future of free feats at levels 1 and 4?

• It's setting-specific

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • It's in 5.5 for sure

Votes: 98 77.8%
  • It's something else

Votes: 11 8.7%

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Well other than Murder at Baldur's Gate...I ran into a really big issue with that adventure.
I loved MiBG. It did have the same problem Dragon Heist has, where the title suggests it’s one kind of adventure but the adventure itself is something else. But I really enjoyed what the adventure actually was. What was the problem you ran into with it?

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
we do, just after 5th level mostly.

My quickest multiclass was at 5th level, and that was rogue4 into fighter 1. Because rogue 5 is just meh.

Same.

I only seen rogues and the weaker casters multiclass before like 6th level. Everyone figures out Extra Attack and 3rd level spells are the big jump to tier 2.

Vaalingrade

Legend
well there are good/useful features, maybe little above average in power curve,

but 3.0 haste? if you took any other spell after you got the ability to cast 3rd level spells you should just slice up and eat your PHB.
Yeah, the other 3rd level spells could have used a boost.

Besides Fireball, obviously.

Lightning bolt being wider or bouncing like back in the day.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Personally if feats become norm in backgrounds, I'd rather see them replace your skills, language, and proficiencies.

2 skills +2 language/tools/vehicles is about equal to a feat. Losing 2 base skills is HUGE and is worth a focused feat.

Horwath

Legend
Personally if feats become norm in backgrounds, I'd rather see them replace your skills, language, and proficiencies.

2 skills +2 language/tools/vehicles is about equal to a feat. Losing 2 base skills is HUGE and is worth a focused feat.
as Skilled is one of the weaker feats(not seen it taken once), and languages costs like something of a 1/10th of a feat, I would say that 2 skills and 2 languages are half feat.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Same.

I only seen rogues and the weaker casters multiclass before like 6th level. Everyone figures out Extra Attack and 3rd level spells are the big jump to tier 2.
I’ve seen (and done) the old 1-2 level dip and then switch to another class on martials. Sometimes getting an important feature right away is worth waiting one level for Extra Attack.

Remove ads