Silverbow Inn Fight - Round 3
Tuck: 23
Mutt: 23
Teresa: 20 (cowering)
Shylock: 15 (cowering)
Akos: 8
Relgar: 8
Third Assassin: 6 (entangled; shaken)

Both Teresa and Shylock are both cowering this round while the third assassin is shaken since he was cowering last round. I didn't even post an action for him. for round 2.

Tuck and Mutt are up, @JustinCase. I'll roll for Mutt or you can. Then it is Akos and Relgar's turns again, @Neurotic and @Envisioner. The PCs are going to dominate this round! :D

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Posted Tuck's actions.

By the way, I'm confused about whether or not the tanglefoot bag was or wasn't something that ended the enchantment on Teresa and Shylock. I thought it was mentioned that it was, so then I decided to attack lethally. Only to discover that that attack caused the enchantment to break... I mean, Tuck could've interpreted things wrong, but as a player I'm not sure what to make of it and I wouldn't have escalated the moment if possible.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
You rolled the attack roll for the tanglefoot bag - that was an attack and it ended enthrall spell.
The dogs attack would also break it, but since this did it, you could have him savage the assassin.

Lethal attack is fine, it would make no difference after the tanglefoot. With low AC of the cowering opponent, 11 might hit :)
I'd also (metagaming, I know) focus fire with Mutt to drop the assassin before all three are active. We're not damage dealers like the other group...

JustinCase

To be fair, I am not discussing whether or not it was an attack. Also, it's the DM's call and I follow along the path laid out by him. It's just a matter of confusion over the description about what, exactly, was the dispelling action, on my end at least.

And tactical thinking aside, there's an assassin almost at Tuck's feet, intent on killing his ally. The kobold is intent on stopping that one before focusing fire on another target. ;)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I wasn't 100% sure if I interpreted it right. The main issue for me was deciding if the third assassin counted as part of the audience or not. Since he had to save against Akos spell, and had a chance to break the enthrall by jeering at Akos (which he failed), I felt he had to be part of the audience.

So, it was clear that when he was attacked, it would break the enthrall even though the tanglefoot bag did no damage, since the description Neurotic posted on this thread clearly noted that an attack would break Akos control over the others. Thinking about it from another angle, what if Tuck had thrown a Thunderstone or a vial of acid? Also, what if Tuck had missed? Would it still have broken Akos' control over Teresa and Shylock?

I would say yes to both of those scenarios since it is the attack itself and not damage dealt that was the key component of the description.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
If Akos can 5' step or otherwise move into the hut without provoking, he would attack Shylock. Otherwise, he attacks the entangled assassin.

Last edited:

JustinCase

I wasn't 100% sure if I interpreted it right. The main issue for me was deciding if the third assassin counted as part of the audience or not. Since he had to save against Akos spell, and had a chance to break the enthrall by jeering at Akos (which he failed), I felt he had to be part of the audience.

So, it was clear that when he was attacked, it would break the enthrall even though the tanglefoot bag did no damage, since the description Neurotic posted on this thread clearly noted that an attack would break Akos control over the others. Thinking about it from another angle, what if Tuck had thrown a Thunderstone or a vial of acid? Also, what if Tuck had missed? Would it still have broken Akos' control over Teresa and Shylock?

I would say yes to both of those scenarios since it is the attack itself and not damage dealt that was the key component of the description.

Fair enough. Like I said, I’m not contesting the decision, merely pointing out my confusion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases