Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Whoops! I forgot that the entangle removes his Dex bonus. So, that means that Mutt's attack did hit. Relgar and Tuck's still both missed, but with the attack of opportunity, the assassin goes down before he tries to stab Relgar. My bad.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I have absolutely no idea how much XP has been previously awarded in the game. I don't even know if I'm level 5 or level 7.
I know you had just reached level 6, at some point. I'm trying to figure out the old XP totals for Tim and Relgar from the Piazza, but it might take some time. Assume Relgar is 6th level with 16,000 XP, for now. His total XP might be more than that but it won't be less.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Envisioner, here's the post on The Piazza: [Kulan/Kanpur] D&D 3.5 PbP: Bluffside Campaign [OOC] [Moved to EN World] - Page 38 - The Piazza

So, for all the time on The Piazza, Relgar gained 2,800 XP and Big Tim gained 2,550 XP. That means Relgar has gained 3,800 XP for the snake, Phelix's traps, previous RP interactions, and now the fight in the Silverbow Inn.

@Tellerian Hawke, Big Tim has gained 4,350 XP for Phelix's fireball trap, previous RP interactions, and the Throwdown Alley fight.

I'm going to add in another 1,000 XP for each PC (that has been active) for the various RP interactions here on EN World whether it was Big Tim with Kaleb's family or him and Breva meeting for the first time or the PCs talking with Jam at The Bard's Tale in the Coach & Six Market or the speeches in the Silverbow Inn.

So, totals as follows:

Akos: 2,000 XP
Breva: 2,800 XP
Big Tim: 5,530 XP (including the older totals from The Piazza)
Relgar: 4,800 XP (including the older totals from The Piazza)
Tuck: 2,000 XP

So, Relgar should have a total of 19,800 XP and Big Tim should have 20,530 XP. Both are close to leveling up but aren't quite there yet. :D

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hmm, since both Big Tim and Relgar have previous XP from another forum and are close to leveling up, I'm thinking the new PCs should have their starting XP be halfway between 6th and 7th level. That would be 18,000 XP and then add the gains on top of that. So Akos would be at 20,000 XP, Breva would be at 20,800 XP, and Tuck would be at 20,000 XP. This would put the PCs on more equal footing and make sure none of them are lagging behind. Thoughts?

Both Falen and Vinccenzo would start at 18,000 XP too, but won't have gained anything yet. (I'm concerned about Scott DeWar. I know he has really bad pain/health issues; I hope he's okay.)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Another option would be to give Breva extra XP for his interaction with Sir Silvon and Akos and Tuck extra XP for their interactions with Jam. Another 1,000 to 1,500 XP each. That would bring them closer to Big Tim and Relgar. :unsure:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Another option would be to give Breva extra XP for his interaction with Sir Silvon and Akos and Tuck extra XP for their interactions with Jam. Another 1,000 to 1,500 XP each. That would bring them closer to Big Tim and Relgar. :unsure:
1 level difference won't kill us. You could just say we're all at the same XP, level up at the same time and you're done.
And if we're at different XP then we are, we earn more or less by our roleplay and keep going. If you disappear for a year then you're a level behind and that is that.

Lets hope we won't fight separately too often.

I find it interesting that we had the same result as the martials with dead and captured cultist. Except we lost one.

Remove ads