Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Wait for a few more posts from you guys before I post again for the main group.

I will try to get something up for Falen today.

EDIT: It was a tough day. I'll try to get it up tomorrow but I can't promise anything right now. :(

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Sorry that I've been absent, I've had something hanging over my head the last few days. (It's resolved now. (y) ) I've been hand-washing dishes all day today as a distraction (our dishwasher is askew, literally). So, I'm really wiped out now. I'm going lie down and get some much needed rest/solace. When I get up, I'll start working on my next set of replies. :cool:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
It's official. I HATE Microsoft 10. My computer has crashed twice on me in the last couple of days. And it did it today while I was trying to work on the update! :mad:

So, tomorrow, once my PC is okay. I updated a bunch of drivers and disabled Microsoft's damn OneDrive app, which might have been the issue. I really hope it's not a hardware issue (like my power supply).

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I think I might have fixed the worst of my issues but there might be a problem with my PC overheating, so I'm going to wait until later tonight (hopefully when it's cooler) to work on my next post.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
@Knightfall
I know. But overheating is caused by power or the processor. May be as simple as cleaning cpu fan. But it can cause comp failure at any time. If you can, open the case, clean out the dust and check for the small of burnt plastic localized at some point.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Knightfall
I know. But overheating is caused by power or the processor. May be as simple as cleaning cpu fan. But it can cause comp failure at any time. If you can, open the case, clean out the dust and check for the small of burnt plastic localized at some point.
It might need to be cleaned. I haven't done that since I got it. I don't have any compressed air, so I have to go get some this weekend. After changing a few settings, it hasn't blue screened on me for a few days. But I've also been using it less. Even with my computer experience, I'm not comfortable opening up the laptop. Plus, it's still under warranty (I think). It's a refurbished machine, but last week the first time it ever crashed on me.

My apartment gets really dusty with the windows open, so I think I'll start with using the compressed air and then go from there. I felt the bottom of the computer and it wasn't hot to the touch, so that's something at least. (I'll check it again later.) The crash happened for the first time while I had several programs running all at once including watching a Twitch stream. The next time it happened I had several program open but I was listening to iTunes (but not streaming) instead of watching Twitch.

It might have been the power setting that was causing it to crash but I'm still getting an warning about one of the CPUs speed isn't running at full power. It says it is being limited by 'system firmware' even after I updated the drivers for the firmware. It seems to happen whenever turn on the PC. It's driving me nuts!

I'd hate to have to take it to a service centre just to get it cleaned. :rolleyes:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I might have fixed the overheating. I discovered that the HP Thermal plan hadn't been fully activated yet. I switched it to the best setting for when the laptop feels hot to the touch and the fans started whirring like crazy. now it's no longer hot to the touch, which I'd noticed earlier in the evening. So, hopefully that will keep it from crashing.

The next update won't likely be until Sunday. My dad is coming over tomorrow to celebrate his birthday for the first time since the pandemic started. He's going to have his temperature checked by the staff in his building and my sister and i are going to do the same before he leaves home. We're gonig to order and likely watch a movie.

Later,

KF

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Even with my computer experience, I'm not comfortable opening up the laptop. Plus, it's still under warranty (I think). It's a refurbished machine, but last week the first time it ever crashed on me.

I'd hate to have to take it to a service centre just to get it cleaned. :rolleyes:
Opening it under warranty usually voids the warranty. You should take it to the service center and complain about crashes and the temperature and let THEM come to the conclusions. :D

Remove ads