Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
That ends the fight against the doppelganger. Well done! XP coming up shortly.

It is now prone and is offering to surrender. What do you want to do with it?

BTW, how hard would you rate that encounter from 1 to 10?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
XP for Doppelganger Fight
Akos: 1,140 (+250 for saving the boy's life)
Big Tim: 1,140
Breva: 1,140
Tuck: 1,140
Vinccenzo: 1,140

As well, the PC gets a 5,000 XP Campaign Bonus (1,000 each) for capturing the serial killer who has been plaguing Old City. Bringing the doppelganger to justice will bring renown to the group (once it is in custody of the Bluffside Regulars).

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Well, here's the thing: Tim would normally be inclined to have mercy upon a surrendering opponent. But there are three mitigating circumstances.

1) The creature bragged about being a skilled murderer.
2) The creature made threats against party members.
3) The creature uses "magic" (Tim doesn't know what Psionics are, but he saw it make the force shield, so he thinks it can work magic); Tim is scared that if he allows it to be captured, it will simply use magic to make its escape, which will then put the public back at risk of a known and skilled murderer.

I am going to wait, and see what the other party members do, but I gotta be honest, Tim's instinct is to kill it. For the good of the community.

I would say a 7. It was challenging because of how well the doppleganger used its innate abilities to create and hide in the fog, defend itself, etc. If he had been facing a lesser opponent, he might have won. But Tim is just a frickin' bulldozer, no two ways about it, LOL :p:cool:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
By the way, my bulldozer comment was not to imply that you guys didn't help. I was actually referring to that last trip attack, which put him on his arse. With a 1d20+11 Trip Check, it's hard not to get put down, lol. :cool:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases