Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round Four
Breva: 18 (flanking with Big Tim)
Doppelganger: 18
Ákos: 18 (25 feet away from Breva)
Big Tim: 17 (flanking with Breva and Vinccenzo)
Vinccenzo: 15 (flanking with Big Tim)
Tuck: 12 (flanking with Mutt)
Mutt: 12 (flanking with Tuck)

Akos arrives this round and comes in just after the doppelganger. (The doppelganger's DEX is higher. I just realized its DEX is also higher than Breva's, which means it should have gone first each round. Ah well, too late now. :) )

I'm trying to figure out how close Akos is when he arrives, but I can't seem to find anything for encounter distance in urban environments. Whatever number I do come up with will be reduced due to the fog. The distance, in feet, will be the distance between him an Breva since He's coming from that direction. I need to go find my Cityscape book. I'm sure there is something in it.

I also should have been designating a Dodge enemy at the beginning of each round. If I'd done it last round, its AC would have been 23 vs. Big Tim. Anyway, Big Tim is its Dodge enemy this round. The doppelganger isn't fighting defensively this round, so it is back to its normal AC of 20. Its AC vs. Big Tim is 21.

@Scotley's back, so he's up first. Welcome back man! :D

FYI, Breva took Charisma damage a few rounds ago, and I think I rolled the Will save for you and it was a success, but I can't find the roll anywhere. Hmm, anyway, I'm sure I did, so Breva took a total of 4 points of Charisma damage from the psionic attack that round. I used Smite once for Breva while attacking for you and his reduced Charisma means he has less smites per day available until he recovers.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hmm, I couldn't find anything in Cityscape either. :unsure:

I did notice that for a heavy fog, movement should be cut in half. Won't worry about that for this combat, but it's something I need to remember if I ever do a fight in a fog/mist again. And I've decided that I'm not increasing the miss chance to 50% for round five, as that would be the same as total concealment.

Using the 2E distance for fog (found online): 6d6 feet reduced by half.

Akos - Distance in feet from Breva: 6D6 = [6, 6, 2, 5, 4, 4] = 27 (rounded down to 25 feet)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Ooohh! I just discovered that Worldographer has a good Battlemap creation with Tokens. Here's where the fight stands, visually. :D

Now updated with custom tokens!

Doppelganger Fight_ver5.jpg

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I had to use the fire giant for Big Tim and the dire wolf (shrunken) for Mutt. It didn't have a doppelganger token so I used the zombie instead.

EDIT: Now i just have to figure out if I can create my own tokens.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I did notice that for a heavy fog, movement should be cut in half. Won't worry about that for this combat, but it's something I need to remember if I ever do a fight in a fog/mist again. And I've decided that I'm not increasing the miss chance to 50% for round five, as that would be the same as total concealment.

In the city, distance is whatever the closest corner is :) That's how far you can see

As for halving - it represents careful movement, you cannot prevent anyone from just running full out and trusting in his luck not to hit something (or being heavily armored, not caring about hitting something) - normal streets are usually passably passable :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Will post my reply for this game sometime tomorrow. It was a busy day of cleaning, laundry, dishes, and mapmaking, so I'm wiped out. :sleep:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aha! Vincenzo is secretly a cultist of the Crow God!

(Same token as the cultist in the Aerie of the Crow God campaign. )
Heh. Heh.

The program has limited tokens but I did replace the token for the cultist in the program last night before going to bed with one I added.

I also realized last night that I placed Akos 15 feet from Breva instead of 25 feet. Need to fix that.

Remove ads