Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Ha! I knew I saw something, somewhere. On page 33 of the DMG, it gives a variant rule for using a different ability modifier for a skill based on a unique situation where you can't use the normal modifier.

Hmm, I don't know if that really counts in this situation. Maybe, it could. :unsure:

The fight has been long and tough. Everyone is tense. The doppelganger isn't likely to be swayed by bold speech. Tim's size would be more frightening. There would be smell of Tim's sweat and its own blood.

I will simply say that Tim is on his own for this check. No one can help him with it.

So, yes, go ahead.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
That ends the fight against the doppelganger. Well done! XP coming up shortly.

It is now prone and is offering to surrender. What do you want to do with it?

BTW, how hard would you rate that encounter from 1 to 10?

I think a 7 as well. It was interesting with the fog, but the constant rolling on each turn was a bit much.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I found it not hard at all :) Rolling online is just a case of adding needed rolls. It would be much harder (longer) in RL.

Interesting setup and powerful opponent. I'd use his instant change ability to change into one of us between each losing in the fog :) Only the dog could distinguish the real one then.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I think a 7 as well. It was interesting with the fog, but the constant rolling on each turn was a bit much.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if I was interpreting the need for constant Spot and Listen checks correctly. I probably should have made the fog just give a straight 20% concealment. When it was trying to hide and moving (but not at its full speed) it had a -5 penalty to its Hide and Move Silently checks. If it had gotten away at that last moment, it would have attempted to conceal itself while running, which would have been a -20 penalty. It would have been a longshot at best.

I found it not hard at all :) Rolling online is just a case of adding needed rolls. It would be much harder (longer) in RL.

Interesting setup and powerful opponent. I'd use his instant change ability to change into one of us between each losing in the fog :) Only the dog could distinguish the real one then.
There was a moment I was going to do that, but it was another point where I rolled a 1. When it tried to create a distraction, I was going to have it shift into Tuck's form and then attack Big Tim from behind. Oh well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases