Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
@Knightfall Can Tim make it to where the Mimic is (same exact square) without provoking an AoO? I have an idea. Tim could sheathe his sword as part of a move action, move the where the Mimic is, and get 1 attack with his shield against the Doppelgänger. I was thinking that hitting with the shield is more of a short "punch", one without the follow-through that a sword swing would have, one that wouldn't risk striking the portal. Thoughts? If this isn't possible, then Tim is probably going to refrain from attacking at all. Tim is in-between a rock and a hard place. He doesn't want to risk hurting the genie / angering the DMK; but at the same time, if the Doppler hurts her again, it may force Tim's hand, because he can't stand by and watch an innocent suffer, either.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Knightfall Can Tim make it to where the Mimic is (same exact square) without provoking an AoO? I have an idea. Tim could sheathe his sword as part of a move action, move the where the Mimic is, and get 1 attack with his shield against the Doppelgänger. I was thinking that hitting with the shield is more of a short "punch", one without the follow-through that a sword swing would have, one that wouldn't risk striking the portal. Thoughts? If this isn't possible, then Tim is probably going to refrain from attacking at all. Tim is in-between a rock and a hard place. He doesn't want to risk hurting the genie / angering the DMK; but at the same time, if the Doppler hurts her again, it may force Tim's hand, because he can't stand by and watch an innocent suffer, either.
Hmm, I don't think he can make it there without provoking an AoO... unless he takes the long way around. There is the altar in the way (and the portal, somewhat); the altar is high enough that Tim can't walk over it. Also, he cannot pass through any of the squares that are part of the magic circle and has to avoid the columns.

He could probably double move around the long way and the remains of the fire elemental have cooled enough that he wouldn't take damage from any of it, but two of the squares (closest to the double doors) count as difficult terrain. Passing through those squares costs 2 squares of movement.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Tellerian Hawke,

Looking at where Tim is moving to, the last 5 feet of movement will provoke an AoO from the doppelganger. You can have Tim stop just before moving into that space and then make a 5 foot adjustment next round, if needed.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Ok, then Tim stops short of his intended square and waits. I'm thinking that my attack may be a moot point anyway; by the time everyone else gets their turns, the Doppler is going to have serious problems anyway.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Ok, then Tim stops short of his intended square and waits. I'm thinking that my attack may be a moot point anyway; by the time everyone else gets their turns, the Doppler is going to have serious problems anyway.
Okay, I've stopped Tim's movement in behind Akos since there isn't any place for him to stop after that without being the same square as another character.

I'm dealing with a really bad headache tonight, so I'm going to take migraine pain meds and go to bed early, well, early for me. :)

I'll post my reply for you tomorrow morning.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round Six
Arnona: 9 (hurt badly)
Deaf-Mute Knight: 30
Lowenan Wearne: 24 (still stuck)
Custodio: 22
Falen: 19 ⬅️
Silagord: 18
Vinny: 16
Thare (cat familiar): 12 (noncombatant)
Mutt: 7 (noncombatant)
Tuck: 7
not-Charvin (doppelganger): 6
Rhilaseth (ex-Elite): 6
Breva: 5
Akos: 5
Tim: 4

The DMK is the doppelganger's dodge enemy.

Combat is now finished.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases