Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
My next update likely won't be until the middle of the week at the earliest. Temperatures are hot to blazingly hot right now in Edmonton. I haven't had the energy to do much. It weeks like this that make me wish I had air conditioning for my apartment. But, that's never been an option, so I got to live with it.

We were supposed to get a thunderstorm and rain all last night, but it didn't happen.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I feel you. It's tropical here, today, too, and everything feels like too much effort.

Take your time.
Yeah, I was hoping that yesterday was going to be better but it quickly became sweltering. The forecast is predicting rain today. Fingers crossed that it actually happens. A thunderstorm did go through the Edmonton area late last night but only in the southside of the city -- nowhere near me.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Decent temperature today. It has cooled off enough that I'm feeling relaxed enough to try to get some better sleep. I might try to write my next reply tonight but tomorrow is more likely. I want to get it done before the heat returns.
(It's going to be at least 30°C/86°F to 35°C/95°F from Wednesday to Sunday.)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I finally got around to fleshing out the other NPCs your PCs are about to meet in Aceron Manor. I'm going to start crafting my reply now, but it definitely won't go up until tomorrow.

Knowledge checks might help identify the dinner guests, although they all look like they come from beyond Bluffside (so the DC are high [25+]).

However, you already know that Lady Heather Devereux comes from Jurral and that her father is a high-up member of the Gardes Rouges of Coeurdî. Even without a Knowledge check, the Exemplars have heard of Coeurdî simple through the constant gossip of the city's streets. Coeurdî is an island kingdom and Jurral is its capital city.

Anyone with Knowledge (nobility and royalty) has a +2 circumstance bonus to know more about Lady Heather and her father.

Lady Talitha's six guests look as if they are either nobles or rich merchants. Beyond Lady Heather and her father, there are two human men, a half-elf woman (standing next to one of the men), and a dwarf that dresses in masculine attire but wears intricate jewelry and has a more feminine hairstyle (but with long sideburns). The dwarf has many visible piercings that are made from silver and some sort of blue stone.

More details in my post tomorrow.

Remove ads