D&D General Lamest D&D classes all time

Lamest class ever

• Poll closed .

Wiseblood

Adventurer
I hate to say it, but I think I am a Factotum. It’s not very glamorous.

Fun fact: there are phobias of Beggars and Clowns but not one of Fighting-men.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I had a Jester once, but I think that was from Dragon magazine.

I remember playing the jester class too :)
alsothis list needs HArlot

I also tried to create a Poltroon class for 3e - a class who gets negative BAB but increased ability to avoid/dodge and disenageg from combat and run away...

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
The only one on that list I'd ever even heard of before now was the 0e Fighting Man; about which the only thing really 'lame' is the name. Otherwise, it's just the first in a long litany of Fighters class.

So, abstaining on this vote. :)

Coroc

Hero
Rapid Response Rider. The Dwarf's Handbook gets a trifecta here. It's actually a cavalry class, but the name suggests sirens on the top of your head and training in CPR. Nothing like walking up to your gaming table with a straight face on this one.

ROFLMAO

Is there also a Lame Response Rider?

This absolutely should be the winner, no other class sounds so stupid

Btw. Thanks for doing a little explanation text to each of these, I would have to do loads of googling and wikipediaing else :p

BrilliantCloudyGraysquirrel-size_restricted.gif
Nice. I have played the 5e Bard myself and it was exceptional. Sam Riegel actually managed to demonstrate how exceptional the 5e Bard was to a huge audience in Critical Role campaign 1; it's not speculation - the proof is in the playing. 5e has turned what was once one of the weakest classes in the game into one of the most fun.

Case in point, I live in a city, probably a 10-15 minute drive from the downtown area, and I routinely see deer, snakes, opossum, groundhogs, raccoons, and feral cats in my neighborhood. Not to mention pigeons and other birds (even had to rescue a hawk with a broken wing once, but that's another story). Two neighborhoods away from me, there have even been reports of coyotes. Even in a city, there is wildlife everywhere.

WAIT A GODDAMN MINUTE I remember this article now! I remember their absolute horseshit logic for why urban druid makes no sense, like what goddamn city has the author lived in that doesn't feature birds? or trees? hell the sewers of every medieval fantasy city is practically guaranteed to have an exciting ecosystem.

slobster

Hero
Case in point, I live in a city, probably a 10-15 minute drive from the downtown area, and I routinely see deer, snakes, opossum, groundhogs, raccoons, and feral cats in my neighborhood. Not to mention pigeons and other birds (even had to rescue a hawk with a broken wing once, but that's another story). Two neighborhoods away from me, there have even been reports of coyotes. Even in a city, there is wildlife everywhere.
Back when I was living in LA (technically in Eagle Rock, so not the main city but it's all sprawl down there) I was walking to class from my house once and, out of nowhere, a hawk came barreling out of the sky and absolutely annihilated a pigeon on the sidewalk about 40 feet in front of me. We had a coyote that lived somewhere nearby and was a regular sight at night, and there were like 6 species of snake that lived in the easement right behind my college. That's not to mention all the vermin, insects, and other life adapted to living inside and among buildings. And I just imagine that your average fantasy city is less dense and less smothering of the natural world than modern LA.

Yeah an urban druid doesn't sound so impossible to me!

Remove ads