• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

le cirque de la lune tombe 4E

arcanaman

First Post
In Axianess the capital of half a continent the old Emperor has died
leaving his sixteen year old daughter the throne after mysterious and tragic events claimed the lives of his sons in his will the Emperor set up no regent as his daughter Espre is not yet the age of majority though she has been trained in state extensivley since the death of her brothers.
Your marry little band is part of a circus La Cirque de la Lune Tombe or the circus of the falling moon has arrived on the outskirts of the city before the wall before 12 scattered hamlets close to four rivers the circus is preforming Le Cirque de Mort Royaume dedicated to the old king ....

Who are you a apprentice mage casting illusions , a jovial jester, a Maitre of the tight rope , a frowning chaplain, a warrior hired as a guard for a steady line of work who are you?

Phaezen

Adventurer
Sounds interesting. I'll go for a beastmaster ranger.

I just want to check some things and will post a character later today or tomorrow.

To get the ball rolling:

[sblock=Galinndan]
Laaaaadiiieeeessssss and Geeentlemen weeeee present Galindan

From the impenitrable jungles in the south, this mysterious wanderer, rumored to have been raised by the beasts of the wild, and his jaguar will perform, before your very eyes, feats of daring and dexterity that none before have concieved possible

Backstage the lanky eladrin ranger ignored the mispronunciation of his name and petted Sharessa, his jaguar companion, "are you ready to play a bit girl?" he asked, looking out through the gap in the curtain at the crowd. Though his clothes looked rustic they possesed craftmanship rivaling and surpassing the finest on display from the nobles in the throng. Sharessa growled back at him and twitched her tail in slight irritation. "Yes girl, I know but a few more years of this and we can return to the glades of the Summer King and the Wild Hunt."
[/sblock]

Phaezen

Last edited:

adc15

First Post
I would be interested in playing the illusionist. I'll post some more info on the concept soon.

[sblock]
"Prepare yourselves, ladies and gentlemen, for wonders beyond what you have ever seen! Using magic from beyond the borders of the Empire, he bends mortals, demons, and the very elements to his will!"

A cloaked figure sighs to himself before walking into the ring. Thank the gods his former Master can't see how far he's fallen. But spellbooks aren't cheap and something needs to pay the bills... [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Loretiel has joined a few years back the circus. That elf was found by the circus master in the street. That thug had found hisself in a fight and had pinned his opponent by shooting two dagger in the plam of his foe. That feat had impress the circus master who had offered him to come to the circus and create a knife throwing master. He had first decline, but a few month later, he had show up with a number already ready for the circus.

I would like to go for a knife thrower, an elven tempest figther, with a few ranged ranger option.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Are we going to play in French? ;)

I want in either way!

I could play the leader; a Bard would be appropriate, isn't it? He'd ne the ring leader.

-''Ladies an gentlemen welcome to the greatest show on [enter fictious fantasy world]!''

La Cirque de la Lune Tombe or the circus of the falling moon

'The circus of the Falling moon' would translate literrally to : Le cirque de la lune tombante

La lune tombe means 'The moon falls'

I mean no offense by correcting you.

Last edited:

arcanaman

First Post
oops my bad I thought la masion de lune meant house of the moon to when its actually the word for an asylum merci pour ca mon grammaire c'est ne pas parfait I am only after all a 4th year highschool student I am not changing the name and don't be afraid to correct my french it is most likely a mistake I didn't realize I made

glad you guys are intrested :)
are there any bards in 4E ? because a bard would be perfect for this

Personnes dans le Drama
people you may need to know

Mordren et RathFort Pierre: an unlikely Maitre de Cirque Mordren is a dwarf leaving home with his twin Rath from Les Montanges de Ciel. To both brothers the circus is just anotherway to make money a desperate way to make money but one at least. they get well along with their prefomers and tend to call them "their clan" Rath is la capitan de la soldat
Camille la fille d'un deux mondes: Camille is a half elf she is mistress of both the highwire and of knife juggling and is adapt at doing both at the same time and in fact has done so Camille is the only half breed with position in the circus and is rumored to be a bastard of the nobility
Garth les mains de magique: Garth is a Powerful full blooded elf who si often moody and darkly sarcastic at times. He is an adapt wizard and use his stage tricks more or less witout enthusiam
Deina arbre de lune: The eladrin woman delights in illusions and is in charge of sounds and impossible things things of reve she enjoys the shock and awe of the audience even thought she is never seen on stage
Lucciano de la Sol: is a middle aged human priest of pelor who follows the circus around he set up a small chapel to heal the preformers and try to get preformer and spectator alike to stop participating in the "sinful activity " two novices travel with him

Agnes La voix de' les animaux: the keeper of beast in the circus Agnes is said to be able to communicate with the animals. The old woman is very strict about which shows the animals preform in and who can preform them she is also very strict on her own people epcesially if an animal is hurt

Darren Master of the Gamblimg tables: A couple years ago the circus wasn't making enough money so Mordren turned to capitalize on peoples greed. To oversee this end he hired a Halfing who knew all about peoples wealth and who to ummm... help them relieve themsevles of it even if they didn't know they were parting with it.

Michal Professional Sword Swallower: do not doubt the stature of this halfling this halfling has swallowed items made of metal twice his own size and is proud of that fact. He has a zeal and temper to match he looks for new techniques to his art

Christine L' ange de la Muisque: One of the younger Masters the so called angel of music for her voice she can also play three instrument and cast small tricks of magic nothing the 2 proclaimed masters of magic at the circus

Last edited:

adc15

First Post
I mainly play 3.5, but I own all the materials for 4E and have played several times. I just haven't ever played a 4E illusionist. And now, looking through the material I have... 4E kind of killed the illusionist. There are no lower level rituals, at wills, daily, or encounter spells that are even remotely connected to illusions (with the exception of the cantrips ghost sound and prestidigitation).

Does anyone know of illusion spells outside of the 4E player's handbook I can make use of, or should I just make a low level "illusionist" that has only cantrip-level illusion spells?

Also, Arcanaman, should character concepts be 1st level with ability scores from the "standard array," "customizing scores" (ie, points system), or some other method?

Vertexx69

First Post
I think what this circus is missing is a fire walking strongman, that will dazzle and terrify the audience with a razor sharp tongue and biceps that go on for days.

Ukertan the Bear is a massive Minotaur Fighter that performs amazing feats of strength while moving over and around the astonishing "Lake of Fire!!!"

Ukertan the Bear, level 1
Minotaur, Guardian Fighter
1-handed

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 16, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 11.

Starting Ability Scores
Str 18, Con 14, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 11.

AC: 19 Fort: 15 Reflex: 9 Will: 10
HP: 31 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics, Intimidation, Endurance

FEATS
1: Weapon Profeciency (Bastard Sword)

POWERS
1, At-Will: Cleave
1, At-Will: Tide of Iron
1, Encounter: Passing Attack
R, Encounter: Goring Charge
1, Daily: Brute Strike

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Scale Armor, Heavy Shield, Large Bastard Sword.

Last edited:

Remove ads