Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Pool at the Foot of the Tower

Firil can see nothing within the pool, but he does note some slight ripples moving across the surface from about the middle of the pool and moving towards the nearest point to him.

Scotley

Hero
The young wizard stares about nervously. "So how does this clandestine stuff work. Shouldn't the person we're meeting give us more of a sign about what we are supposed to do? I am not about to try and climb up that wall in the dark after a few drinks..."

Leif

Adventurer

Firil sees nothing in the pool at first except water. Then, he notices the beginnings of a ripple or wave where before there had been nothing. The wave moves one direction for a bit and then moves in a different direction.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
"What the..." The slightly inebriated wizard watches the ripples in open mouthed surprise. "I hope that's just some goldfish..."

Leif

Adventurer

When Rydan speaks, the ripples cease. Then, moments later, they start again, moving swiftly in one direction, then the opposite direction, and finally circling the outer rim of the pool twice. Then they stop.

Leif

Adventurer

As Rydan is contemplating what this all means, a luna moth the size of his outspread hand lands on his shoulder and whispers, "Not very familiar with elementals, are you?"

Scotley

Hero
Rydan responds causally, "Well, no, I haven't had occasion to study them beyond the basics. I've little actual experience..." He cuts off mid-sentence as he realizes he's talking to a bug. "Come to think of it this has been a day of new experiences. My contact with talking Luna Moths has just increased significantly. Does this mean we are in the right place?"

Leif

Adventurer

The luna moth makes a strange, choppy, wheezing sound that Rydan surmises must pass for laughter, and says, "That depends on where you were headed, doesn't it??" The luna moth flies in lazy circles as it speaks.

Remove ads