Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Goblins in the Woods

Roll for initiative, please. Use the built-in ENWorld dice roller, not Invisible Casstle or some other external source. But be careful! If you mess up the syntax for the roll, you'll have to start all over again with a new post. Like me.

Proper syntax is: [roll=optional title]xdy+z[/roll} [Change that last brace to a bracket]

Last edited:

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Firil's calves tense, his grip on his axes tighten and he gets ready to spring into action...

[roll0]

...after he sees what the enemy does from his hiding spot...

Last edited:

dream66_

First Post
Irinea emerges from her dreamy daze and while ready for battle still seems a bit slow.

[roll0]

OOC: Sorry I took so long to catch up.

Leif

Adventurer
Initiative Order
16 - Rydan
13 - goblins
8 - Firil
4 - Irinea

Rydan is up!

OOC: Wow, dream66_, we had all but given up on this game ever continuing!

Attachments

• Goblins 2.xls
    9 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Seeing the Goblins ahead rouses Rydan's sense of self-preservation and he quickly raises his wand and unleashes his magic calling the shadows to grasp and tear at the three goblins.

[sblock=OOC]Grasping Shadows encounter power using wand of Accuracy Burst One at AD27 should catch all three Goblins. [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] Note if at least two are hit each takes two extra damage thanks to Destructive Wizardry. Each creature hit is slowed until the end of Rydan's next turn. The shadows persist doing 6 points of Psychic Damage (4 Int plus +2 destructive wizardry if at least one has already been hit) and slow to any who enter the area until the end of Rydan's next turn. [/sblock]

OOC: Rydan's action as posted stands since it looks like he's up first.

Leif

Adventurer
Goblins in the Woods

Rydan's Grasping Shadows encounter power hits G1 and G2 for 11+2=13 psychic damage and these two are slowed until the end of Rydan's next turn, but G3 is a sly and slippery devil and eludes the shadows by striking a match and applying it to an emission of gas from his backside.

[sblock=Grasping shadows info copied from Scotley's post]Grasping Shadows encounter power using wand of Accuracy Burst One at AD27 should catch all three Goblins. AttackG1 vs Will - (1d20+6)[15] AttackG2 vs Will - (1d20+6)[24] AttackG3 vs Will - (1d20+6)[7] Psychic Damage for all - (1d8+4)[11] Note if at least two are hit each takes two extra damage thanks to Destructive Wizardry. Each creature hit is slowed until the end of Rydan's next turn. The shadows persist doing 6 points of Psychic Damage (4 Int plus +2 destructive wizardry if at least one has already been hit) and slow to any who enter the area until the end of Rydan's next turn.[/sblock]

G1 is angered enough that he rushes up to attack Rydan. (Also, he was the only one who was near enough to close to melee range with one move.)
I'm going to roll the raw d20 scores for the goblin attacks now, but I don't have their bonuses in front of me, so they will be applied to the rolls a few minutes later which may or may not make a difference.

G1 Attacks
[roll=Rydan]1d20[/roll]

G2 Attacks
[roll=Rydan]1d20[/roll] with his sling

G3 Attacks
[roll=Firil]1d20[/roll]

Do-Over!! I Called It, Nyahh!!!

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Goblin Attacks

G1 v. Rydan (melee)
[roll0] -- spear attack
[roll1] -- damage

G2 v. Rydan (missile)
[roll2] -- javelin attack
[roll3] -- damage

G3 v. Firil (melee)
[roll4] -- spear attack
[roll5] -- damage

Rydan is hit by a javelin from G2 for 5 hp damage. All other goblin attacks miss.

Note that G1 has 100% cover from Firil's missile attacks from his present position.
G2 has 30% cover from Rydan's missile attacks from his present positioin, 50% cover from Firil's, and 70% from Irinea's, from their present positions.
G3 has 100% cover from Rydan's and Irinea's missile attacks, from their present positions.

Last edited:

Remove ads