Leif's AD&D 1E Game [IC 01]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"It is perplexing. I've not heard of human and orc endeavors such as that. I will confess, I am skeptical of the orcs' true intentions. Should we trail them back to their village?"

Helfdan

First Post
Leif's AD&D 1E game [IC 01]

"I agree it is worth looking into," Girion muses. "But I think our mission takes precedence. When we get back we can first ask the constable what he knows of these orcish loggers... What say the others?"

Falariel

First Post

"I agree that the mission is our most pressing matter," says Riel, stepping from his place of hiding.

He looks at the retreating woodsmen, Orc and human alike, "I'm not certain that this alliance we've seen today bodes well for anyone. We'll have to share our concerns with the constable and be sure to keep our guards up."

Leif

Adventurer
Consensus?

OOC: So, the general consensus is to proceed with the present mission and then discuss the matter with the constable later? Anyway, that's not important now -- what's important is getting on with the business at hand, yes?

[IC] The band of hardy adventurers proceed to penetrate the denser heart of the forest. You estimate that you are now about 8 or nine miles from the village. At this point, you hear the babbling of a stream from ahead of you, and very soon the path that you follow leads to a bridge that is visible some 60-70 yards ahead. The stream appears to be relatively small, about 15-25 yards across, depending upon the lay of the land. It is at one of the narrowest points where the bridge has been constructed of stone abutments, pilings, and roadway with a wooden superstructure making a sort of tunnel 12 feet in height across the river. You cannot see within the tunnel from your present position.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Bridge, Tracks

Ranger Valtar sees a number of tracks approaching the bridge from this side. It also appears that some of the individuals loitered about at the base of the bridge for some time, jumbling and confusing the tracks. The end result is that Girion Valtar is unable to provide an accurate estimate of the number of individuals who most recently approached the bridge from this side. Also, he notes that this says nothing of any who may have entered the bridge from the other side.

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post

"Too many people use this path for me to read clear sign, gentlemen," the ranger whispers. "'Tis a good site for an ambuscade, so be ready..." Once everyone is ready, Girion leads the way towards the bridge, to get a better look.

Leif

Adventurer
Approaching the Bridge

OOC: I thought a graphic representation might be of assistance. The inside of the bridge is dim, and this is only made moreso by the thick forest canopy, so from your present positions, you can't make out anything inside the bridge. That probably means that there isn't anything there....

Attachments

• Forest Bridge 01.xls
    14 KB · Views: 97

Remove ads