D&D 5E List of All 33 Races in Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books. Aarackocra Assimar Bugbear Centaur Changeling Deep Gnome Duergar Eladrin Fairy Firbolg Genasi, Air Genasi, Earth Genasi, Fire Gennasi, Water Githyanki Githzerai Goblin Goliath Harengon Hobgoblin Kenku Kobold Lizardfolk Minotaur Orc Satyr Sea Elf Shadar Kai Shifter Tabaxi...

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

• Aarackocra
  • Assimar
  • Bugbear
  • Centaur
  • Changeling
  • Deep Gnome
  • Duergar
  • Eladrin
  • Fairy
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi, Air
  • Genasi, Earth
  • Genasi, Fire
  • Gennasi, Water
  • Githyanki
  • Githzerai
  • Goblin
  • Goliath
  • Harengon
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kenku
  • Kobold
  • Lizardfolk
  • Minotaur
  • Orc
  • Satyr
  • Sea Elf
  • Shadar Kai
  • Shifter
  • Tabaxi
  • Turtle
  • Triton
  • Yuan-ti

While reprinted, these races have all been updated to the current standard used by WotC for D&D races used in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, including a free choice of ability score increases (increase one by 2 points and another by 1 point; or increase three by 1 point), and small races not suffering a movement speed penalty.

The video below from Nerd Immersion delves into the races in more detail.

How about DeceptiGnome?
This is a good example of why it's not a good idea to bake the jokes into the setting. If your cultural background enables you to identify it as a pun on decepticon, you might find it funny. If you don't know what a decepticon is it goes over your head like a metaphor over Drax's. Jokes are heavily dependant on a shared cultural experience. Whether or not Spelljammer's jokes where originally funny, they are 40 years old now. If WotC are to sell it to a new audience they either need fresh jokes or to play it straight. I suspect that replacing the old jokes with new jokes would generate more toys ejected from old guard prams than leaving the jokes out all together.

Eubani

Legend
The good thing I see with the Aasimar's healing pool being used all in one go instead of spending individual dice is that it cannot be used for whack a mole healing that many have an issue with.

Weird how everyone is fine with certain player species being 35 feet movement, but object to some being 25 foot movement.
It so does not matter, as it is unrealistic anyway.
You can't sprint anyway. 30ft per 6sec or even twice as much is slow anyway.
It is 300ft in 30sec if you dash. In 20sec if you use bonus action dash. That is half as much as usain bolt. That is as much as I can run in chain armor for 20 secs. And I am not very trained. My 5 year old son who is just a bit higher than gnome sized can run 300ft in 30 secs.

Long distance walking and tactical maneuvering has nothing to do with each other.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Weird how everyone is fine with certain player species being 35 feet movement, but object to some being 25 foot movement.
Speaking personally, I don't give a hoot about either. Whether the races have them or they don't. Because to me it is exceedingly inconsequential either way based upon all the other mechanics all these characters get from their Classes.

Whatever your movement speed is from your race, it disappears as an matterable effect if you are a Barbarian and get bonus movement speed. Or you are a Monk and get bonus movement speed. Or you are a Rogue and can Dash with your Bonus action. Or you take the Mobile feat and get an extra 10' of movement. Or you play your game Theater of the Mind, in which case you aren't even measuring your movement at all!

Halfling need to have 25' movement per round in order to make them feel like halflings? Yeah, great. And guess what? Most of those halflings are playing Rogues, which means they're moving 50' per round via Dash while everyone is moving 30'. Oh yeah... that 25' movement speed REALLY shows us how "slow" they are from their size compared to the other races. :rolleyes:

HammerMan

Legend
IF there's a drawback to the character it should add to the experience instead of just an annoyance for 'verisimilitude'.
and should not hurt the party... it is why I hate the wild magic subclass of sorcerer...

other system thing: It reminds me of a flaw from Deadlands that when you negate damage instead of it just going away it is transfered to another creature around you (it was called grim servant of death and was supposed to show the flavor of everyone you love dies) but I argued for years that the player shouldn;t get those flaw points THE REST OF THE PARTY SHOULD... I even watched a PC quit the entire group (and not come back for any game, and I have only seen in passing over last 10 years) because they had a character die because the other PC chipped away damage... and when they brought in a new character 1st fight got knocked down but not killed... he said the rule was naughty word and asked the GM to remove the rule when he didn't he walked out and as far as I know stopped role playing. In my own deadlands games I disallowd the flaw.

Remove ads

Remove ads