• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

SF Little House In The Vast

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sobec nods as Zyzzy suggests they contain the prisoner somewhere out of hearing, and he looks around for a small room or closet, or lacking that, a fixed railing or something to which he can tie her.

OOC: Assuming he finds such a place...


Returning to the others, the vesk says, "We shouldn't leave the corpses out there in the open. Who knows what sort of scavengers that will attract. And did someone strip them of their weapons? We may need them."

If none of the others move to do so, Sobec will do as he suggests, otherwise he will stay near the door to prevent the enemy from coming in that way.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Zyzzy was holding the weapons that were dropped. She left the ones she could not use in a pile not far from the entrance.

(She now has a light pistol. I should update her inventory.)
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
OOC: Kaodi, can you give us a list of what we picked up? I assume the pistol Zyzzy picked up is a "semi-auto pistol, tactical" from the rulebook. But she also stacked the other three weapons near the entrance. If they have any kind of armor, we would probably strip them of that too. And if we are tracking ammo, how much ammo is there? How much is still in each weapon?
 
Last edited:

Kaodi

Adventurer
OOC: There were two tactical semi-auto pistols and one hunting rifle, the latter of which came with an extra clip of ammo, as well as an mk i frag grenade. The pistol you grabbed had eight rounds left, the other one had seven, and the rifle had five (plus the six from the extra clip).They were not wearing armour of any kind, just environmental clothing.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
With a few commands you are able to get one of the blast doors along the hallway to close. That will give you some time to advance, though the enemy may decide on a change of plans as well.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
After the woman is moved away from where they are talking, Zyzzy asks. "Are there any access tubes that can get us behind them? I can't imagine there is only one way to travel on the ship. What if that way is exposed to space?"
 
Skitter grabs the grenade and shoves it into his mouth. He then tries to pull up a schematic of the ship to see if there is any way around the bandits.

"I'm seeing if there is another route. But we need to move quick before they decide to try the same."
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
There are some alternate access points but from what Skitter can ascertain when the blast doors along the hallway are engaged similar safety measures automatically block off the maintenance tubes. In the event of catastrophic damage this would help keep whole sections from venting air into space through the tubes, but it would take some work and time to rig them to function independently for the moment. If you are willing to play the waiting game though you could proceed to the engineering bay at the rear of the ship and give it a shot.
 
"I'm in favor of keeping the ship. If nothing else, we can find a way to get it going more easily than we can find a brand new ship." Tara nods towards the survivor. "And I say we let her go. She gave up a lot of info and she's no threat, and I'd rather not babysit a prisoner."

She then took a grenade in hand, her rifle in the other, and nodded at Skitter. "I say, we go for Engineering. Element of surprise."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"I question where we will find the credits to get this ship off the ground," Zyzzy says. "But if you are game, so am I. However, I prefer we not let her go in case she brings back reinforcements. Not that I suspect she will. But there is the possibility."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sobec shrugs. "Then we keep her here for the time being, then let her go when reinforcements are pointless. Like, when we can get this thing off the ground."

He looks at Zyzzy, before adding, "Maybe these bandits will leave some valuables around for us to trade for credits. Or someone may want to have them returned to whatever hole they crawled out of and is willing to pay us for the effort. We'll find a way."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
OOC: How much do the missing ship parts cost? Rough figures?


"I think the amount of missing parts here will be far more expensive then might be lying around," Zyzzy says. "If they had that kind of money, wouldn't they have repaired the ship themselves? Regardless, we first need to evict them before we can plan for repair costs."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Smiling, Sobec looks at Zyzzy again.

"Alright, clever one. You're smarter than me, I know, but that also means you will find a way."

Then, very very gently, Sobec affectionately pats her on the head with his massive paw.

"Alright, let's move," he says more sternly as the vesk turns to the passageway.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
OOC: Ships costs are abstract in Starfinder. At level 2 you will have enough BP to make the ship "functional" . It will just be a matter of working into the story how you get access to what you need, or coming up with a creative alternative.
 
Skitter shrugs as he begins tapping more commands into his rig. He sets an alert to chime if the blast door opens.

"I think we'll have to worry more about availability. I don't see a drift drive retailer around here anywhere."

Skitter points down another corridor.

"I think engineering is this way." He looks at Sparky. "Stay here and watch for any movement. If you see anything alert me."

Skitter then begins to lead the way towards the engineering bay.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Engineering is just a hop, skip, and a jump away as you were already at the rear end of the ship. Inside you are greeted by the comforting hum of the Nova Light ship reactor. Without much in the way of systems the reactor is currently in low power mode, but it looks like it was left relatively untouched by whatever scavengers stripped the ship.

Skitter finds a functioning console for the compute mainframe and gets to work rigging the maintenance tube safety measures to function independently of the main corridor blast doors. It takes some time, time you imagine Hesala is directing her crew to also make use of, but you get the job done. You can now enter the access point nearest the blast door on your side and use it to try and flank the bandits. Everyone should be able to make it through, though Sobec may wish he was a ysoki by the time all of this is done.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sobec grumbles more and more the further they progress in the narrow passageways, keeping his voice down but only barely.

"Couldn't you find a smaller ratway? I didn't hit my head on the ceiling for a whole two seconds there," he voices his displeasure towards Skitter.

Amazingly, the tiny star that forever orbits the vesk keeps finding the smallest of spaces to keep revolving around him despite the lack of room. Sobec carries a blaster in one hand and keeps it pointing forward, ready to shoot in case an enemy shows itself.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Zyzzy, pistol out, takes up the rear. In a soft tone she says, "It is unfortunate the access tube is cramped. Try to stay quiet. We don't know if they can hear us through the bulk head."
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
You emerge from the maintenance tubes into a relatively secluded section of the living quarters, two decks above where you were. Assuming the bandits you encountered earlier have not retreated to this level reaching the staircase should be relatively simple and then you will have command of both flanking position and the high ground. The maintenance tubes are relatively soundproofed, but now that you are back in the open you may want to take care to be quiet.

OOC: Now would be the time for stealth checks I suppose.
 

Advertisement

Top