Starfinder Little House In The Vast

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: I would rather you not switch mods at this point, but I think your drone can probably identify potential combatants and do some counting. Whether it relays that by scratching marks into the sand or waving its arms is up to you.

Once you give Sparky the command he nods once after a pause and then skitters off. Some time later he returns and indicates that he counts four outside the ship.

OOC: Yeah I figured as much but it never hurts to ask. Just means I know my next mod. I'm also pretty sure the drone can speak directly to me through the custom rig.

Skitter pats Sparky's head and read the data gathered by the drone. He turns to the others.

"Four outside, didn't want to risk going inside so no idea if we should expect backup from there."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Only outside," Sobec says with some reservations. "I say we charge in and see if any more come out to play. That ship is ours!"

Then, with an awkward smile, which seems not that different from the vesk's natural expression, he adds, "Well, yours. But we're along for the ride."

"Charging in is possible. But getting close without being spotted before charging in is just better tactics," Zyzzy says. "Let's circle toward the back of the ramp and use the ramp as cover before engaging the squatters."

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"I agree; stow the vehicle. If nothing else, if it gets destroyed in any kind of battle it'll be a long hike and a large credit bill." She nodded to the vesk. "We'll be on point, I take it?"

Kaodi

Hero
Leaving the buggy in a spot where it has some protection from line of sight you take a circuitous route around the perimeter of the ship to avoid being seen. As you approach you get a better picture of what is going on: the ship is not sitting on any landing gear, or if it is, it has been partially buried by time and sand. As such there is not much room to approach from 'behind' the ramp, though Skitter could likely squeeze into the space behind it. You could, however, make your way up behind the engines which would keep you out of sight until you round a corner.

The ramp is fairly wide, maybe forty feet, leading up to the open cargo bay doors, but there are two makeshift barricades at the bottom splashed with a bit of paint in a similar fashion to the other buggy earlier. One guard stands in the middle of each of these, a man and a woman, both human by the looks of it. Sitting on a crate at the top of a ramp is the ysoki from earlier, and standing next to him is the mean looking vesk. The driver is no where to be seen, but it is dark inside the hangar.

As you get closer though something begins to nag at Zyzzy. The android has seen plenty of Merchant-class vessels in her time, including the austere entry-level model sold by the commercial wing of ATech. And even compared to those the Viridian Horse seems to have something... missing. In fact, as you get in close behind the engine wells she can see it as clear as day: they have been stripped of their functional parts. Bulk heads or some other kind of sheet plating appears to have been welded onto the inside ends of the wells to prevent anyone from simply walking into the engineering bay (or what is left of it). The Horse will not be leaving the stable any time soon.

[sblock=Factory Standard ATech Merchant-E (Economy)]
ATech Merchant-E - Tier 4
Large heavy freighter
Speed 8; Maneuverability average (turn 2); Drift 1
AC 12 +piloting; TL 12 +piloting
HP 140; DT -; CT 28
Shields light 60 (forward 15, port 15, starboard 15, aft 15)
Attack (Forward) light particle cannon (3d6)
Attack (Port) light laser cannon (2d4)
Attack (Starboard) light laser cannon (2d4)
Power Core Nova Light (150 PSU); Drift Engine Signal Basic; Systems basic medium-range sensors, basic computers, crew quarters (common), mk 3 armour, mk 3 defences; Expansion Bays cargo holds (7), escape pods; Modifiers +2 Computers; Complement 6 (max 20)
CREW
Captain
Engineer
Gunners (2)
Pilot
Science Officer

The commercial line of vessels offered by ATech all share aesthetic similarities with their military-issue cousins such as the ATech Immortal (you can Google for that). ATech mostly deals in military hardware but any company with Abadar in the name would be remiss not to include trade options among its offerings. As such the venerable commercial line which includes the Vendor-class light freighter, Merchant-class heavy freighter, and the Tycoon-class bulk freighter continue to sell steadily.[/sblock]

Last edited:

JustinCase

"Don't you just want to punch that face with your fist," Sobec says empathically, indicating the bandit vesk. "Honorless son of a caypin standing between us and that ship."

The tiny star orbiting around Sobec's head diminishes the light it shines, as if responding to the solarian's mood.

Then he looks at Tara. "When we can't stay out of sight anymore, do we rush in there, weapons blazing? I'm ready when you are."

Perhaps oddly so, the vesk mercenary makes no move to grab the lazer pistol hanging on his belt.

"The engines are missing parts. We are not flying this thing out of here unless the parts are still aboard." Zyzzy says.

Then he looks at Tara. "When we can't stay out of sight anymore, do we rush in there, weapons blazing? I'm ready when you are."

"I doubt they will be receptive to just handing the ship over to us." She notes the vesk's war stance. "We should take out their ranged fighting capability before the vesk mercs join the fight."

JustinCase

"I'm not very good at ranged," Sobec admits, "But I can take out a gunner if I can get close enough..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases