[Living Pathfinder] Little Rock of Horrors

GlassEye

Adventurer
The paralysis will fade in 30 to 60 seconds so Heinrich, Garnet and Mariah will be not far behind Pari and Tagaiwi.

When Pari reaches the ground floor of the tower and enters the attached living quarters of the lighthouse he sees Giocco standing in front of a newly stoked fire with several used tindertwigs scattered about his feet. The boy is sobbing and tosses one last handful of pages ripped from the book onto the fire before tossing the cover on after them. When he hears Pari he quickly wipes his face on his sleeve and chokes back his sobs.

"I killed my Da..."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich sees who, and what, is missing and hurries down the ladder, gulps when he sees the tiger and moves cautiously, and then hurries down the steps to find the missing two.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
When Pari sees what the distraught young man is doing he lunges for the fireplace, rescuing as many of the pages as he can. As he works he's talking to Giocco, and when he's gotten what he can he turns his full attention to him.

"It's not the tool, it's the hand that wields it, lad." He moves over and reaches up to pat the young man comfortingly on the back. "Your intentions were good, though you over reached a good bit. And it's gonna sting for a good long while, but you'll need to learn from this and get through it. The sailors need this lighthouse tended to, and your Da' wouldn't have wanted you to abandon your post - it's always been a Lanterna keeping the house, and should remain so."

GlassEye

Adventurer
About this time Heinrich, Garnet and Mariah come down the staircase all in a rush.

Giocco listens to Pari and straightens nodding and wiping the occasional tear off on his sleeve. "Aye, it's the Lanterna way." He visibly struggles to control himself and resoluteness settles on him making him seem a much different person that the somewhat scattered youth that the group first met. He nudges the papers and the singed and cracked leather of the book cover that Pari rescued. "Take that with you, I won't do magic again without proper training."

Lord_camulus

First Post
"Maybe a local mage can offer up a short list of practice spells for you in return for such a tomb. It would be more than a fair trade i think." Mariah sends her glance over to the human in their company. Her face holding a kind smile almost saying the words "it would be the right thing to do".

OOC: hey im sry i didn't read that one paragraph about the saves i was extremely bzy that day.

Scott DeWar

"I know uf one who can teach you" Says Heinrich in a gentle voiced. He walks over to the tyouth and puts his hand on his shoulder. I know uf a young wizard, *his eyes close and tears start to fall down his cheeks* who once summoned fire to intentionaly harm another, *his body is shaking gently in sobs* and who has not seen either of his parents since then." His eyes opens aws tears flow freely as he continues, "Ich habe noch einen Preis auf meinen Kopf. I still have a price on my head, back there"

[sblock=Lord_camulus]
"Maybe a local mage can offer up a short list of practice spells for you in return for such a tomb.

I think you might mean Tome, as in a book? Tomb is where you bury people.[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Giocco shakes his head. "No, I won't keep that here. When you leave, take it, or I'll just burn the rest of it. I know the fault lies with me and not the book, but... I won't be practicing magic soon, if ever again." He just shakes his head and exhales deeply. He seems exhausted and rubs the back of his head and neck as if attempting to relieve a building headache. He looks around and his eyes settle on the sack he's carried almost since you first encountered him. He goes to it and unwraps the heavy gold platter. "Your payment. You've done me a great service and I won't forget it. Lanterna's always pay their debts."

Scott DeWar

The lad having said his piece, Heinrich gives the name of his uncle the scribner. "You can find me there when you are ready to take up the arts. and if I am not there, leave message for me. "

when the payment is offered, the wizard is suddenly feeling very guilty about accepting it. He looks to the others.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Giocco nods wearily and motions towards the kitchen area. "You hungry you can help yourself to whatever you can find. And you can use my Da's room to sleep in, and the cot." He pulls a blanket from a trunk. "More blankets here if you need 'em. I'm gonna get some sleep." He goes off into the storage room below the stairs and closes the door behind him.

Remove ads