• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost in Space

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Cold. Your first thought. It's darn cold, although something is starting to warm you. Then you remember, you were on the Alpha-team of UECS Gaea. Last to be frozen, first to be woken. It felt as if you had just closed your eyes and now you were already waking up. Then the computer-voice comes from the speakers of the sleeper-pod.

"Automated melting of cryo-units 1 through 50 complete by the parameters of waking condition alpha 3. The date is January 1st, 2037."

Condition alpha 3 meant a failure of more than one tenth of the cryo-units. Well you had hoped to make it much farther before any signs of malfunction but it appeared you had been on the journey less than a year.

You flex your muscles and push the release switch of the pod. You notice the other 10 pods of this hall also open and the crew already starting to get their ovaralls from the footlockers. Captain Smithson is standing next to a wall console banging it with his fist and cursing to self.

OOC: You are all in the same hall, and know eachother at least marginally. Smithson is the Captain of Gaea, a man known for his fairness and loyalty to those who serve under him. He is quite young for his position, only around 30 and is lean and in good health.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Hello captain" the mechanic says, respectfully. Been a civil crewman fit just fine on him. He considers himself apart from the militar formalities.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ze succinctly nods at the other, and heads to a computer terminal to get a full status check. "We're not supposed to be awake, what the heck happened?"

Rhun

First Post
"Damn," swears Victor, stepping out of his cryo-unit and onto the deck. "The floor is cold," he says, hoping from foot to foot. "And I was having the best dream." Victor grins at Ruben. "It involved this pair of sisters I knew back on Earth," he adds with a wink.

The slim, athletically built man quickly pulls on his coveralls, and runs a hand through his blonde hair to muss it into a fashionable mess. He turns his attention to the Captain, noticing the man taking out his frustration on the computer terminal. "What's going on, Cap'n?"

Kaodi

Hero
Dr. Xavier cooly evaluates his patients as he climbs out of his cryopod and prompty begins dressing himself. The training together back on Earth was not nearly enough for him to properly observe his fellows, and that was a problem he hoped to rectify as soon as possible.

Apparently though he may have his hands full, with plenty of new bodies to examine. He has never inspected the victim of a cryo failure before, and he is looking forward to the prospect.

" You should not allow yourself to become overly agitated, Captain, " he says is a very refined, cold sounding English accent. " The members of this crew depend on your well being, both mental and phsyical. "

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Cut the sermon doc, see if some of our fellows are still alive... Dificil... but you can't leave it to chance. I'll go searching if I can find some miss function in the Cryoreactor. " Ruben says and grab his gear

Kaodi

Hero
" Of course, " says the Doctor, smiling. " Tending to the sick and the dying is what I am here for, after all. "

Dr. Xavier looks for the storage which holds his limited assortment of tools and possessions, briefly looking over his medkit to see that it is in order. Once he has everything, he says, " Perhaps, Captain Smithson, you could stop banging on the console now and gives us our orders? "

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
The captain looks at you all and moves away to let Ze take a look of the terminal. He sighs. "You're right doctor, I should calm myself. It's the computer, I can't access any systems, all I know is that our clock has stopped." He says pointing at the upper corner of the console for Ze. "And that can't be coincidence" Ze takes a look and notices that the timer has stopped at the turn of new year, exactly to the second. It shows that the current time is 00:00:00 at 1st of January, 2037. "Well no time to worry that, let's move out men." He heads for the door to the connecting hall, to meet with the rest of alpha team, as planned.

Kaodi

Hero
Dr. Xavier nods his head slightly, and then follows behind the Captain. He can hear his heart pounding in his chest, thrilled by the prospect of his first work on the mission, but he keeps himself cool and under control.

Remove ads