DDAL Lost Tales of Myth Drannor: DDAL's "Secret" D&D Book For Gen Con 50

Lost Tales of Myth Drannor is an official D&D Adventurers League book containing six adventures for characters of levels 1-20. It is billed as a promo for Gen Con's 50th anniversary, although it will eventually appear on the DMs Guild -- from DDAL's Greg Marks: "It is a book that is a promo for GC50 and cons the admins are invited to. It will eventually appear on the DMsGuild."

Lost Tales of Myth Drannor is an official D&D Adventurers League book containing six adventures for characters of levels 1-20. It is billed as a promo for Gen Con's 50th anniversary, although it will eventually appear on the DMs Guild -- from DDAL's Greg Marks: "It is a book that is a promo for GC50 and cons the admins are invited to. It will eventually appear on the DMsGuild."

Greg also added that "When initially released some are being distributed by BMG at Gen Con (I can't speak to how) and some by admins as promos" and that its appearance on DMsGuild would be "some months later.... PDF and possibly POD".

He added later that "I can't speak to what the BMG folks will be doing with their allotment, but the admins that are there will have some as well (myself, Claire and Alan are attending). The first print run of Super Secret Project 76 (not its real name) will be used by the admins as a promo item that we hand out at cons we go to (an actual book is a pretty awesome promo!). It will eventually go up on the DMsGuild as well, though not immediately. I will continue to tease more info on my twitter (@Skerrit7h3green) up until it is released on August 17th."

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.39.42.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.40.17.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.41.58.png

DHRafquWsAEbRCZ.jpg

And there's a LOT of them sitting in boxes at Gen Con this week!

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.42.29.png

darjr

I crit!
[MENTION=15080]wavester[/MENTION] I love this idea so very much. I'm not saying you folks need help, but if you do I'm in.

StarFyre

Explorer
So any chance someone could buy one at one of these cons and ship it? :) will pay price + shipping of course :p

sadly, friend was at gencon but forgot to ask him to try and get one. He did get the limited edition gf9 D&D minis they had there though :)

he was at the toronto dragon con or whatever its called. None there.

Regards,

Sanjay

The_Baldman

Explorer
There is no way to buy these unless somebody who was given one (for whatever random reason) decides to sell them. Those of us who have the initial print of these (the AL Admins and myself are it I think) are not selling them. Ever. I see "Hey can somebody buy me one if they go to XXX" requests all the time. Just want to be clear. These are never for purchase. There will never be a show where you can just walk up to a table and buy them. They will go out as rewards for various things and promotions. Now what those people do with them is up to them (as the person who just sold one on ebay for whatever it was it went for shows). Not being mean or rude here I just want everybody to know the score so somebody doesn't rearrange their schedule to attend a show and then get really grumpy.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There is no way to buy these unless somebody who was given one (for whatever random reason) decides to sell them. Those of us who have the initial print of these (the AL Admins and myself are it I think) are not selling them. Ever. I see "Hey can somebody buy me one if they go to XXX" requests all the time. Just want to be clear. These are never for purchase. There will never be a show where you can just walk up to a table and buy them. They will go out as rewards for various things and promotions. Now what those people do with them is up to them (as the person who just sold one on ebay for whatever it was it went for shows). Not being mean or rude here I just want everybody to know the score so somebody doesn't rearrange their schedule to attend a show and then get really grumpy.

I'll get one somehow! Just gotta wait for somebody on this side of the Atlantic to sell theirs. :)

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
A second one hit eBay and sold. Must have been at the buy it now price of $300 or close to it as it ended early.

I'm waiting for DM's guild cause I guess those that sell them are hoping to pay off their college student loans. :) and so far, 2 people have been willing to pay 280 range for them.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I'm going to have to wait for the DM Guild release..the ones that are selling on eBay are going for $250+

That said, I'd rather not have to wait till Easter :)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads