DDAL Lost Tales of Myth Drannor: DDAL's "Secret" D&D Book For Gen Con 50

Lost Tales of Myth Drannor is an official D&D Adventurers League book containing six adventures for characters of levels 1-20. It is billed as a promo for Gen Con's 50th anniversary, although it will eventually appear on the DMs Guild -- from DDAL's Greg Marks: "It is a book that is a promo for GC50 and cons the admins are invited to. It will eventually appear on the DMsGuild."

Greg also added that "When initially released some are being distributed by BMG at Gen Con (I can't speak to how) and some by admins as promos" and that its appearance on DMsGuild would be "some months later.... PDF and possibly POD".

He added later that "I can't speak to what the BMG folks will be doing with their allotment, but the admins that are there will have some as well (myself, Claire and Alan are attending). The first print run of Super Secret Project 76 (not its real name) will be used by the admins as a promo item that we hand out at cons we go to (an actual book is a pretty awesome promo!). It will eventually go up on the DMsGuild as well, though not immediately. I will continue to tease more info on my twitter (@Skerrit7h3green) up until it is released on August 17th."

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.39.42.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.40.17.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.41.58.png

DHRafquWsAEbRCZ.jpg

And there's a LOT of them sitting in boxes at Gen Con this week!

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.42.29.png

gyor

Legend
Jeez - how is this even an issue inside our Con community when it's been a running gag/joke about for Con go'ers not to know to have some personal hygiene by now.... sorry that happened as I probably would have left as well!

As someone has had to clean up after things that smell disgusting, I suggest rubbing a tiny, tiny amount of dish soap or other nice smell substance on the inside of your nostrils, it blocks out smells.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
$240 US included shipping. Splurge spending, especially knowing it's possibly PoD in 4 months. Maybe I can offer it to Morrus at said price for his business expense review :)

Wrathamon

Adventurer
I wonder if the value will go down. saw on twitter that someone scanned it and posted it (didn't say where)...

not hard to find ... just google it with pdf in the search and it comes up in the first couple of options. I just did it after seeing you didn't know where.

I'll wait for it to get published on the guild but if you want it now.

See, this is why we can't have nice things. I'm not saying its anyone on ENworld that pirated the book, but its clearly one of a relatively small number of AL players that received it. I'm sure that person justifies it as "All media deserves to be free" or "Let's stick it to the big gaming corps" but lets make something clear about this product.

The admins (who are basically volunteers) paid for this on our own because we wanted to do something nice for the AL community. We paid for the art. We paid for editing. We paid for layout. We donated our time/effort to create it. It was our money, not WOTC. Its pretty clear from a couple of typos that its not the full companies editing efforts! We plan to release it and if it makes our money back (the profits would come back to us, not WOTC), we plan to use that money to do it again. So by all means pirate the heck out of it! All that does it make sure that we will never do it again for you.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
See, this is why we can't have nice things. I'm not saying its anyone on ENworld that pirated the book, but its clearly one of a relatively small number of AL players that received it. I'm sure that person justifies it as "All media deserves to be free" or "Let's stick it to the big gaming corps" but lets make something clear about this product.

The admins (who are basically volunteers) paid for this on our own because we wanted to do something nice for the AL community. We paid for the art. We paid for editing. We paid for layout. We donated our time/effort to create it. It was our money, not WOTC. Its pretty clear from a couple of typos that its not the full companies editing efforts! We plan to release it and if it makes our money back (the profits would come back to us, not WOTC), we plan to use that money to do it again. So by all means pirate the heck out of it! All that does it make sure that we will never do it again for you.

I will be paying for this product, thank you and please continue.

Don't lose faith....

Wrathamon

Adventurer

In the future, my suggestion would be release it on DM's Guild first for purchase and then the Hard Copies become the rewards (maybe some other physical incentive as well like hand out prints or something). Fans will most likely always buy the pdf. Collectors will go on Ebay to buy the physical copies. I think people who pirate it are very unlikely to buy it to begin with. At least that is my working experience. I will be buying it if it's reasonably priced, because I think it's a worthwhile cause.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

It does suck. I’ve never released a product which didn’t get pirated, and it can be upsetting to see your hard work being treated like that. I’ve published books where the *first* Google result is the pirated version, with the actual for-sale version further down the page. It sucks big time.

But don’t take it out on your *actual* customers/fans. It’s not their fault. Piracy is an issue, but nothing you do can stop it. Best thing to do is just get on with doing what you would do anyway.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases