• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] A Bad Light

sunshadow21

Explorer
The wand is a wand of prestigitation, the pearl is a level 1 pearl of power, and the top hat has conjuration magic of some sort that you aren't immediately familiar with (as I'm still waiting for HM to give his ok on it).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
OOC: DM, I just levelled Syl. I understand I can't use the extra spells until we rest again for the night.
Since our DM is using the rules I published, that is not true. You can prepare the spells right away, performing the required rituals as if you HAD rested. Syl is not penalized for leveling up as a spellcaster.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Precisely, you don't have them automatically memorized, but you can fill the slots as if you had deliberately left them blank in the morning.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury pokes through the stuff while waiting of Sylvain to figure out its magical properties. He's seen stuff like this on a street magician but he isn't sure how useful it is to one who isn't in that profession.

"Interesting. You got it figured out yet, Syl?"

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2 / Bard 2
Initiative: +6 Perception: +7

AC: 19 (14 touch; 15 flat-footed)
HP: 32 Current: 30
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +1 Ref: +10 Will: +3

In Hand: rapier

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Fury, you mgiht be interested in at least one of these items. This pearl will let you cast another of your spells daily. I already have one, but you or Anna could certainly get some real use out of it. The wand allows the caster to cast a minor magick to do handy little things. Fury, you might remember Zelena using it to clean herself off after one of our more unsavory adventures. I'm still trying to figure out the hat. It looks like it might be interesting, however!"

Mini Stats: [sblock] Human Witch 4
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2

AC: 13 (13 touch; 11 flat-footed)
HP: 34 Current: 34
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +4
Spells Remaining: 1st 3/4, 2nd 2/3
Hexes Remaining: All
In Hand: Nothing[/sblock]

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna's eyes widen a bit at the mention of the pearl.

"I'm certain I could find a use for that.... Fury you should most certainly take the wand though, I can already cast that spell at will, and it has served me well in the past."

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Oh, Zelena taught me that spell. She did all sorts of interesting things with it that I'm still trying to work out."

Fury looks at the hat and frowns.

"I saw a street magician pull a rabbit out of a hat once. Fool was in Planks playing to a crowd of people who hadn't had a meal in who knows how long. They smacked him over the head and took his rabbit and diced it up into a stew. White Cloaks had to put down the near riot that started when that smell started wafting through the crowd. Just wasn't enough to go around. Not like a pleasant day on the Grand Piazza."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2 / Bard 2
Initiative: +6 Perception: +7

AC: 19 (14 touch; 15 flat-footed)
HP: 32 Current: 30
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +1 Ref: +10 Will: +3

In Hand: rapier

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Remove ads