[LPF] A Bad Light

Gerald007

First Post
"Stop right there, Miss. I believe I have figured out your secret and you are actually a green hag. If you'd tell us what's going on here right now, I think we might allow you to return to your swamp without violence."

Mini Stats: [sblock] Human Witch 3
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2

AC: 13 (13 touch; 11 flat-footed)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +3
Spells Remaining: 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2
Hexes Remaining: All
In Hand: Nothing[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Clever one, aren't we? Very well, I suppose it really isn't worth my life for the mostly worthless baubles that have showed up in the wrecks. Even the stuff that is worth anything requires access to proper buyers to worth my precious time, and the merrow are worthless for a lot of the stuff. As to what is going on, it should be obvious at this point; I arranged a deal with various groups to set up a money making gig, figuring that the navy would be too cheap to send in a cleanup crew that was actually competent. We'd either get loot from the ships or force the navy to pay a lot of money to us to maintain the light. Didn't figure anyone there would have the brains to call in competent outside help. But since you are here, I suppose I may as well deal with you. If you take out that blasted barghest Skrom and his whiny goblins, I will let you have what little valuable stuff I've saved up in the room your friend just unlocked as well as these potions of cure light wounds I still have left. This tower and the alliance needed to hold it is proving to be more trouble than it's wprth, but if I can get Skrom and his leeches out of my corner of the swamp, it'll be enough for me to call it even and leave your silly navy people alone."

The disgust in her voice makes it pretty obvious that Lycast is genuinely ready to ditch this failed project and go back to her normal activities in the swamp.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury doesn't know what the hell a green hag is; the girl doesn't look like an ugly old woman nor is she green. But he'll trust Sylvain's word. And since he thought there was something strange about the girl since they first met her when she starts talking Fury listens closely trying to figure out if she is weaving some sort of story. Fury trys to keep her talking so he can figure this thing out.

"Your exploits have caused a lot of deaths. Why should we let you go?"

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2 / Bard 2
Initiative: +6 Perception: +7

AC: 19 (14 touch; 15 flat-footed)
HP: 32 Current: 30
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +1 Ref: +10 Will: +3

In Hand: rapier

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]If you as a player know what a monster is, please, keep it to yourself or put it in sblocks. Twice now monster names (and sometimes powers) have been casually mentioned OOC. My character wouldn't know, and I don't want to know what the monster is. It takes away some of the enjoyment of playing through it for me. Thanks.[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I dare say that you have caused as many deaths as I have and for reasons that most people would find to be just as crass. As for letting me go, I could walk out anytime I felt like it, and you could little to stop me, especially if you want to be in fighting condition against Skrom." Lycast seems to have given up on the bluffs, as she is seems certain that despite the truth being known, her hand is still more than strong enough to deal with whatever you could throw at her long enough to get away.

Gerald007

First Post
"I am fine with letting you depart. But you need to know, that if you come up with any other plans that involve the town, we'll be forced to come back out here and deal with it. And neither of us would want that, I'm afraid," Syl explains, knowing that at this time, the monster is probably too tough for them to have a fighting chance against. "We are here to finish the goblins and this barghest. Since we both want the same thing, do you have any particular advice for us as we prepare to take it on?"

sunshadow21

Explorer
"There are some magic weapons in the loot room. Probably not what your fighters are used to using, but they should still be able to take advantage of them long enough to defeat Skrom. Otherwise, the next floor has plenty of places to bottleneck him into to keep him from your squishy types. And you won't find me here again any time soon. There are far too many other ways to get things out of the fools in these parts that involve much less headache and unwanted attention." With that, she disappears, and the last you hear from her is a final comment from the stairs, "You might want to take the pots off of the fire. For some reason, roasted grick doesn't appeal to most stomachs or noses. Don't know why personally; I find they make good stews." Looking into the "loot room," you find a lot of boxes of various trade goods that you think the militia would be able to make good use of, but without the proper trade connections are vi rtually worthless to you. You do however, find a few items that could be of interest. There is a matching pair of +1 rapiers with carved seal head ivory hilts and a locked chest radiating magic. You also find by the steps a key ring and 4 potions of Cure Light Wounds.

[sblock=rewards]Experience
Lycast, opportunistic but realistic green hag CR 5 400 xp each

Loot
2 +1 rapiers, 4 potions of Cure Light Wounds, Pearl of Power (level 1), Wand of Prestidigitation (34 charges),
Magicians Bag of Tricks (Top Hat)*: Rabbit (weasel stats - attach), Weasel, Turtle, Tiny Bird (Raven stats), Cat; 20% chance for each; 1100 gp[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric's watches Lycast leave in peace and part of him, the smarter part at least, thinks that is for the best.

"I suppose I should be grateful that we were able to get rid of her with being killed ourselves. I had thought for sure that I had hooked the little girl's ankle to take her feet out. But if she could dodge that blow, she might have been more that we could handle."

"Anyone know anything about barghests? Those magic stickers are not much to look at compared to some of my other weapons.

"What about the locked chest?
Can you spell-casting types learn anything else about it, of should we try to open. And by 'we', I mean Fury."

He puts his flail away and picks up a magic rapier to get a better look at the thing, a little skeptical about its worth in a fight

[sblock=Actions]Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action: [/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (21 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 43
CMB: +7 CMD: 20 (22 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +6 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & +1 Rapier[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[Sblock=Leveling Up]With this encounter award, I make it 1100XP from encounters so far and about 40 days time. Borric is within spitting distance of 4th level then. 4211 (Start) + 1100 + 600(40days * 15/day) = 5911XP
Instead of messing around for a week to run that clock up to hit 6000xp, I would like to just use a DMC to tack on 30 days right away.

Is this going to be okay for the Adventure, or should I hold off to keep things in balance?[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=leveling up]Actually, the xp for that last encounter should be 400, not 300, so you can level without using a DMC. Just follow the rules listed at the beginning of the adventure, which you should be familiar with, as I borrowed them from you. Sylvain also gets to level now, and Anna should be able to after the next encounter.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: I'll level up Syl this evening.

Syl casts Detect Magic, to see if he can warn Fury about what sort of trap might be on that chest.

Remove ads