[LPF] A visit with Father Kedric

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The middle aged-priest puts on his reading spectacles and starts rummaging around on his desk at Larissa's question about the dispatches.

SirKedric.jpg

While he gets himself in order he answers Yoshiki, "Sir Roderic, our late Patriarch, was traveling to Venza from abroad and was ambushed by some goblin raiders just outside the city. May he rest in peace. These goblins were under control of the Barghest."

"Ariel's companions retrieved the holy relic from the abandoned cathedral, it was in the possession of some githyanki and that flying fiend woman I mentioned. Unfortunately, we do not understand why they wanted it. The dispatches did not say."

"But with devils and such, there could be a dark ritual that it was needed to perform. Now, where was that parchment I was looking for."

Letting you absorb what he has said, he continues to look for the paper that he wants to have to answer Larissa's question.

GM: Everyone needs their mini-stats blocks ready, if you have not done so. I will also need a picture of Yoshiki for the tactical grid.

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 5)

OOC: An image that can be used for Yoshiki can be found here: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/1Ou2F-dOnN_upfPl19pPk5EJqMMXGoKRBRIgAWMEuxc?feat=directlink

There was another image DM's had been using, but I don't actually have it and the image on previous adventure maps are all too small.

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 20 Touch 20 Flatfooted 15
HP: 34/34
Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
CMB: +9 (+2 vs Trip) CMD: 23 (+2 vs Trip)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: None
Elemental Fist: 5/5 remaining
Ki Pool: 5/5 remaining
Additional Equipment: None
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas (human fighter 4)

"Devils and a dark ritual," Markas mumbles. "This just keeps getting better."

[sblock=Stat Block]
Markas
Initiative: +1
AC: 17 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 (20 vs. Trips and Grappling)
Fort:
+6 Reflex: +2 Will: +2 (+5 vs. Fear)
Conditions if Effect:prone

Current Weapon in Hand: none

Consumables:
torches: 4
rations: 4
pitons: 4
brooch of shielding (101)
potion-stabilize(lvl0)
potion-cure light(lvl1)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Finally having found what he is looking for, Father Kedric consults the parchment.

SirKedric.jpg

"Okay, here we are. The names are not easy to remember."

"Though we have defeated and captured the barghest, Arzethel, I have learned some very disconcerting news from the rest of the dispatches and journal notes you recovered."

"The fiend, Narissa, had a powerful master, a devil named Varrantu. I have researched all morning, but I could learn nothing specific about this devil. But, you should know that most of those evil creatures have immunities to normal weapons and some times even resistances to magic spells. There are even cases where enchanted weapons are not enough, needing ones empowered with goodness as well."

"If he knows that we have captured his minion, it is entirely possible that this devil may come looking for revenge."

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa considers this, trying to remember what she has learned of such fiends.

[sblock=ooc]Rolling K: Planes? Or is it a different skill?[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas (human fighter 4)

[sblock=OOC] Agh! Don't wast the 20, lol.[/sblock]

"We should prepare as best as possible then for this Varrantu,"
Markas says as he sits pondering. "It would be an honor to serve and help protect you and your brothers, Father Kedric."

[sblock=Stat Block]
Markas
AC: 17 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
Fort:
Conditions if Effect:prone

Current Weapon in Hand: none

Consumables:
potion-stabilize(lvl0)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: Hmmm, that knowledge roll is essentially good enough to tell Larissa exactly what Father Kedric just said, if you are rolling for fiends in general. He just gave you the knowledge of his Knowledge Check of 30.

Father Kedric inclines his head to acknowledge the warrior's pledge.

SirKedric.jpg

"I thank you, Markas. There is, perhaps, someth-"

Suddenly there is a flash of light next to him in the corner!

Erinyes.jpg

Standing before the Father is a fierce and beautiful woman about 6 feet tall, with a statuesque build and flawless skin. She has large feathery wings and red glowing eyes as she snaps her attention from you to Father Kedric. She is wielding a longsword in her hand and a shining red composite longbow strapped across her back.

Caught completely off guard, Jael manages a look of fright and exclaims,
"An erinyes!"

The winged woman replies, her tone cold, "That is correct, priest. Today you die on Varrantu's order. My Barbazu will keep these peons busy."

She begins making some arcane gestures.

Jael draws his sword and stands up from his chair.

OOC: Combat Begins: Round 1
[sblock=Combat Information]Everyone is aware and flat-footed until their first actions. Everyone has no weapons in hand(except tea cups) and seated as well.

Initiative:
Erinyes
Jael
Yoshiki <=
Markas
Ariel
Larissa

Updated Map:
LPFEnc02Map01.jpg

1) The furniture provides difficult terrain
2) The desk provides cover like a low wall

Code:
Ariel:     37/37 HP remaining; 
Markas:    48/48 HP remaining
Larissa:   53/53 HP remaining;
Yoshiki:   34/34 HP remaining; 
Jael:      60/60 HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect: Seated (Everyone)
Enemy Status:
Code:
Erinyes (AC23/17Tch):
[/sblock]
GM: You can post out of Initiative order, but I will still resolve on your initiative count unless you specifically delay. If you need a DM update, you can either ask or wait. I can often tell if you need the results before posting.

You guys are up for Round 1.

mfloyd3

Explorer
[sblock=ooc] I'm waiting to post Larissa's action until at least Markas is resolved. But I'm posting a K: Planes roll to see what Larissa knows about Barbazu and Erinyes. Also, I never got an answer on the prior roll -- Does she know anything about Varrantu?[/sblock]

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 5)

With the threat against the priest, Yoshiki springs into action without a word. He leaps off his chair, touching the ground only a couple times before springing into the air once again, his foot outstretched toward the she-devil as it turns icy blue. But the tea he was drinking must have effected him too much and his timing is way off. Instead of a punishing kick, his strike looks like something that would be done by a court jester and he has to struggle to even keep his balance on the table.

OOC: Swift Action: Activate Ki Strike
Move Action: Move with Acrobatics to get up off chair and land on desk (Q2)
Standard Action: Ki Strike with Elemental Fist (Cold)

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 20 Touch 20 Flatfooted 15
HP: 34/34
Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
CMB: +9 (+2 vs Trip) CMD: 23 (+2 vs Trip)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: None
Elemental Fist: 4/5 remaining
Ki Pool: 5/5 remaining
Additional Equipment: None
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"By the High Family!" Markas cries as the odd woman appears out of thin air and the monk Yoshiki leaps into action. Letting his tea cup fall to the floor with a crash he rises from his chair.

Not as fast as the monk in his heavy armor Markas can only rise up and ready himself for battle.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: stand from prone
Move: ready shield
Free: swearing ;) Note: the High Family refers to the Venza pantheon
5'step: YES to T-2[/sblock]
[sblock=Stat Block]
Markas
AC: 23 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
Fort:
Conditions if Effect: none

Current Weapon in Hand: none & shield

Consumables:
potion-stabilize(lvl0)

Remove ads