• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Allbright's Shadow

jackslate45

First Post
"Distraction wise, I do have a black tentacle spell memorized. Casting it upon something might interest some of the creatures that will be able to see it. I can probably cast it some 200 feet in front of us, which would give us some distance to be able to get away safely."

"As for teleportation, given that I have studied the intricacies of it for most of my life, I have a couple teleportation spells available, but not memorized. I would have to take a minute to memorize them, and we would have to time it correctly, if I am reading those shimmer's correctly."

[sblock=Actions]
Given Anaerion's school of choice, SK, would he have better luck on the teleportations? It seems like our best bet to quickly get to the top of keep walls.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 13 + 4 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch ) HP: 79 Current: 79
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +7 Reflex: +8 Will: +9
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep

Spells in Effect:
Detect Scrying: 16 hours remain
Mage Armor: 4 hours
Overland Flight: 4 hours
Magic Circle against Evil: 90 Minutes

In Hand: Staff of Many Rays

School Focus:
Abilities locked due to Dimensional Lock Sometimes Might Work?

Shift: 25' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (9/9 remaining) (3 + Int)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 16 Rounds (1.5 level)
Dimensional Steps: 330/330 feet per day. Must be used in 5' increments (30 * Level)

Fast Study: Can Memorize Open Slots in 1 minute instead of 15 minutes
Ring Of Counter spells: Contains Enervation

Malkovian: Happy for now.
Timely Inspiration: 1/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Gallant Inspiration: 1/1 Immediate Action, +2d4 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Borrow Skill: 2/3 Standard Action, borrowing skill ranks (Normally Knowledge Skills)
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian/ Anaerion
Cure Light Wounds: 3/3 Standard Action. 1d8+5.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon 2: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon 3: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared (* denotes School Spell):
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor *, Comprehend Languages, Grease (DC 18), Disguise Self, Feather Fall, Ray of Enfeeblement (2 Slots) (DC 17)
Level 2: Stone Call *, False Life (2 slots), Invisibility, Mirror Image,See Invisibility,Create Pit (DC 19)
Level 3: Aqueous Orb (DC 20) *, Haste, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle against Evil, Resist Energy: Communal, Haste
Level 4: Black Tentacles(+11+1+4 CMB) *, Persistent Glitterdust (DC 19 Save Twice), Telekinetic Charge, Detect Scrying, Telekinetic Charge
Level 5: Wall of Stone *, Persistent Slow (DC 19 Save Twice), Overland Flight, Dismissal (DC 21)
Level 6: Quicken Web (DC 19)*, Disintegrate, OPEN SLOT

Staff of Rays: 10/10
Arcane Bond: USED (Daylight)
Pearl of Power level 1: 0/2
Piercing Rod: 1/3
[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Taking inventory, Syl thinks of his options. "Well, I can certainly distract them a bit. I've a couple Freball spells up my sleeve. Of course, that might draw more attention than to distract to be honest. Also, I've got five charges left on an Invisibility wand that might help in sneaking around. The demons might see through the spell, but im sure if would affect at least some of them. I can take care of my own flight, but I do have a handy little Dimension door spell prepared, that might let me and four or five of you move roughly 1000 feet of the distance also. That's what I can bring to the table." Sylvain stat block: [sblock]http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)Initiative: [/sblock][sblock]+9AC: 17 (15 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)HP: 98/98CMB: +5 CMD: 19 Fort: +9 Reflex: +10 Will: +111Perception: +2Current Weapon in Hand: NoneHexes: ( DC 23) Misfortune, Healing, Fortune, Flight, Slumber, Cackle, Evil Eye, Retribution, Ice TombSpells Per Day Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Message, Stabilize1st Level: Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Ill Omen (DC 20), Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp2nd Level: Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Glitterdust (DC 21) (x2), Hold Person (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web3rd Level: Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20) (x2), Heroism (x2), Stinking Cloud (DC 20)4th Level: Black Tentacles, Confusion (DC 23), Dimension Door, Wall of Ice
5th Level: Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24), Teleport (x2)6th Level: Flesh to Stone (DC 23), Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing^means spell is used for the day.
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic rubs his wooly beard for a while and then says: "I can give one of you the ability to fly. Or I think I could create a stone ramp up to the top of the wall with a few minutes consulting with my spellbook. perhaps heading across the top of the inner wall is not such a bad way to reach the keep if it is sneaking we want. If I put it in the right place the building itself might provide us all the cover we need." Relic puts his mind to calculating which would be the best angle to place such a structure and how best to create a solid yet easy ramp to climb

[sblock=OOC] Relic can learn Stone Wall in a minute. How tall is the inner wall exactly? Relic can make a 50 ft stone ramp from the inner wall down to the ground 2 and a half inches thick (I think) which hopefully is enough? As for a distraction ... Relic's limited vision means he can't really do long distance spells, and I don't really have anything up my sleeve for a distraction.

What if Relic created the stone wall ramp in the corner behind the building close to the walls, where we are least likely to be seen and then climb up quickly hoping not to be spotted. (Anyone have anything mist creating or cloudy to cover our ascent? I could maybe use 'gust of wind' to stir up dust ... but this could attract attention?)

Knowledge Engineering +9 if needed [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric was not particularly well versed on the magics and was not sure which ideas would be best.

"I cannot guess on the shimmers and teleportation timing. Sounds risky and I am not keen being stuck into a wall or something worse."

"But I like our scout's idea of a distraction. With an invisibility spell to help hide him, maybe he can get close enough to the eastern gate to hit it with the thunderstones. The loud explosions could make the demons think the paladins outside are doing something to breach the gate. it shoudl be a good distraction."

"We just need a good way to get us to the otherside of the western gate. Flying or teleporting or both, maybe? Not sure about the ramp idea, they would see it, yeah?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +18
AC: 31 (26 w/out shield, 28(23w/out shield) flat-footed, 14 Touch) Barskin -> 32 now
HP: 127 Current: 123
CMB: +17 CMD: 31 (33 vs. Disarm/ 35 vs. Trip) Fort: +13 Reflex: +9 Will: +8 (+11 vs. Fear) +10 Reflex
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-4/+8Dmg), Combat Expertise (-4/+4AC), Lunge, Heroism (+2 Att/SVs/Skills), Mind-shielded, Darkvision, Barkskin, Bless

Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Shield (LH), Holy Flail (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily looks at the gate and the wall. "I can make good distractions if you is want. This is a goods idea. I am also cans running fast and quiets if there is need. Or I can hitting things in way. This is all the much funs for me. But to actuals opening the gate for the stupids palladings, I am not think there is needs. If there is might weapon inside the big wall, then we shoulds go to the inside of big wall."

[sblock=OOC]Stealth; Perception (1d20+19=33, 1d20+17=36)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 19 (19 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 130/130
CMB: +17 CMD: 30
Fort: +13 Reflex: +8 Will: +7
Attack: +18/+10/+5 for WD+19

-Raging-
AC: 14 (14 flat-footed, 9 touch)
HP: 152/152
CMB: +19 CMD: 32
Fort: +15 Reflex: +8 Will: +9
Attack: +25/+17/+12 for WD+24

Perception: +15
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Quasit (probably 1d3 improvised)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Remaining: ??/18
Haste Remaining: ??/10

Used Items:
Potion of Fly, Potion of See Invisibility x2, Wand of CLW x16

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
"A distraction sounds just the thing . . . we need to get past as many of these things without combat as we can, to conserve our strength for when it can really do some good."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]--[/sblock]
AC: 22 (18 Touch, 22 FF)
HP: 80/80
CMB: +10 CMD: 27 (+12/29 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +09 Will: +18

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (06/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (08/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08), Jaunt Boots (02/03), Unity (01/01)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Shield of Faith, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spear of Purity, Spear of Purity, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Spiritual Ally, Spiritual Ally
5th Level: Breath of Life, Command (Greater), Dispel Evil
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Kalinn nods her agreement with those suggesting a distraction. "I can play rear-guard while we move, in case one of them chances to notice us trying to slip past."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]--[/sblock]
AC: 29 (15 Touch, 27 Flat-Footed)
HP: 179/179
CMB: +15 CMD: 30
Fort: +12 Reflex: +06 Will: +10

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 30 (16 Touch, 27 Flat-Footed)
CMB: +16 CMD: 32
Fort: +12 Reflex: +07 Will: +10

Rage Block
AC: 28 (14 Touch, 25 Flat-Footed)
HP: 218/218
CMB: +18 CMD: 32
Fort: +15 Reflex: +07 Will: +12

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
AC: 28 (14 Touch, 25 Flat-Footed)
HP: 213/213
CMB: +17 CMD: 31
Fort: +14 Reflex: +06 Will: +11

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 29 (15 Touch, 27 Flat-Footed)
CMB: +15 CMD: 30
Fort: +12 Reflex: +06 Will: +10

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +2

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 09/18)
Special: Spirit Totem (+11/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Hafísbíta Powers Available
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge
Special: Boon: Cure Light Wounds (Remaining: 03/03)
Special: Boon: Heroism (Remaining: 00/01)
Special: Boon: Gallant Inspiration (Remaining: 01/01)

Spells Available (Cantrips: At-Will, 1st Lvl: 7/7 per Day, 2nd Lvl: 7/7 per Day)
( 3rd Lvl: 3/5 per Day, 4th Lvl: 3/3 per Day)
Cantrips : Acid Splash, Breeze, Disrupt Undead, Haunted Fey Aspect, Jolt, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Icicle Dagger, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal), Resist Energy, Scorching Ray
3rd Level: Fly, Haste, Versatile Weapon
4th Level: Monstrous Physique II
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"Well, several of us can fly. I can carry one or two people. I am sure I can give Drev flight so he could too. Floaty flight so he isn't flapping wings. I would trust that far more than trying to teleport or dimension door under this dome. It may be starting to crack, but I wouldn't want to end up inside a rock."

"Finding a place to go over, that will be the key part."

Oola Teq chimes in, "Distraction, that is the job of immortal cannon fodder! Drev? You want to charge into battle? If your girl can time the dismissal right, you don't even have to set out of the fight for a night. I'd do it, but my dismissal leaves mine flopping like a mackerel." "Hey!" "It's true."

"But a distraction alerts them that someone has made it inside the outer wall. If they don't have someone outside the wall to concentrate on, they can focus all their attention inward." "So?" "So far, they don't know we are inside." "Oh."
[/section]

[sblock=Shadow]Stinky spit chunks of flying rat here and there. Chunk here. Ear, horn, flappy skin. Sniff. Sniff. Other went under flat trees. Went there. Not there. Not behind flat trees.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Wall height 40'. Thickness 20-25'. The minitowers stand 60' high, so they are 20' above the main wall sections. It is known they contain ballistas and were usually manned by archers. There are magically reinforced doors from the tops of the walls, leading into the minitowers. Figuring out is if a particular minitower is manned by paladins or vrock will require stepping outside and taking a look, and getting lucky on the perception rolls. There are many crenelations to hide behind.

So, Wall of Stone ramp is possible to get up. But, it would need another on the other side to get down. That or leap + Feather Fall.
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
castle1.jpg
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
"Issue is, if they don't know soon, they will eventually know anyway. We have left a large number of bodies in our wake. Any fighting we do will attract attention. Rather than dwelling on if, let's worry more about the when. "

Aradra, seems to be think on it for another few seconds before kneeling down to the map, and starting to explain his plan.

"It seems like flying is the most reliable, and while teleportation would be quicker, it sounds like its a gamble to do. Kutholiam, how many entrances to the keep are there? Is there only one on the ground level, or can we use the walls to get into it? Note, I am trying to avoiding fighting as much as possible, so going the long way would be preferred."

"It looks like we can fly to the top of the walls directly behind us, and that will avoid the west gate, while we can get back to the ground, and hug the wall at the back, staying as far away as possible from the gates. That avoids both gates. "

[sblock=Aradra Stats]
Aradra Longstrider
AC: 26 (19 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 121/121
CMB: +15 CMD: 31
Fort: +10 Reflex: +15 Will: +7 + 2(IW)
Perception: +21
Initiative: +8
Current Weapon in Hand: +16 (hits Twice)/+16/+11/+6 (1d8+11)
Current Conditions in Effect: Rapid Shot/Deadly Aim/Endless Ammo (from Bow); Woodland Stride ; Evasion; Clustered Shots; Falcon's Aim (+3 Perception & 19-20 /x3);Longstrider (16 hours);

On Crit: Target makes DC 23 Fort Save. If Failed, Staggered 1d4+1; Else Staggered 1

Used Items:
19 taps CLW wand

Adaptation: 100/130 Minutes Remain (Darkvision, Iron Will, Skill Focus Stealth, Climb 15, Swim 15)

Level 1 Spells: Feather Step, Gravity Bow, Longstrider, BLANK
Level 2 Spells: Barkskin (+4), Wind Wall, BLANK
Level 3 Spells: Greater Magic Fang
Level 4 Spells:
Extend Rod: 1/3 per Day
Pearl of Power lvl 1: Casted Mage Armor on Shadow
Negate Crit: 1/1
Haste: 7/10
Fly (CL 5): 1/1
Potion of See Invisibility(Loan from Daylily): 0/1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Shadow Stats]
Shadow
AC: 24 + 4 (22 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 124/125
CMB: +16 + 1 CMD: 29 (33 vs Trip)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +10 Will: +6 (+4 vs Enchantment Charm/Compulsion)
Perception: +21
Initiative: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite (+17 / +9 1d8 + 21 + Trip) + d6 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Biting (De-activated)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Evasion, Share Spells; Scent, Magic Fang Greater (+2) (16 hours), Mage Armor +4 (10 hours);
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka and Drevezh'korol, summoner and wood man

Drevezh'korol steps forward. "I'll make a distraction the likes of which have never been seen!"

Elenka scowls. "Only if necessary, dear Drevezh'korol. I suggest we send our scouts out to find the best route over or through the wall in as much stealth as we can. Once the best route is found we can move along and Drev will bring up the rear. If we are discovered then Drev proceeds to draw as much attention to himself as is possible while we continue on to the keep."

• • • • Drevezh'korol • • •

[sblock=Actions/OOC]--

Mods: +1 haste, +1 GMF, +2 bane, -3 PA; +1 GMF, +2d6+2 bane, +6 PA
[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][section][size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon (not updated)
Initiative: +4 Perception: +11; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 24 (14 touch; 20 flat-footed) Current AC: 28 (+4 Mage Armor)
HP: 82 Current HP: 82
CMB: +17 CMD: 31 Fort: +8 Ref: +6 Will: +6 (+4 vs. enchantment)

In Hand: empty
Conditions: Haste (+1 att w/full att, +1 to hit, +1 dodge, +30 ft move), Gr Magic Fang (+1 hit/dmg), Mage Armor (+4 AC)
Special:
Longarm bracers 3/3 remaining

[sblock=Large Evolution][section]Large Stats NOT in effect
Evolution Surge (Large): +8 STR, +4 CON, +2 Natural Armor, -2 DEX, -1 AC &
attack rolls, +1 CMB & CMD, -2 Fly, -4 Stealth, 10 ft. reach, STR evolution
costs double

Major Modifications:
STR: 31 +10 [35 +12 w/ belt]
DEX: 16 AC: 24, 12 touch, 21 flat-footed
CON: 18 HP: 98

Modified Attacks:
Slam (x2)