[LPF] Beggar's Belief

VVilhem

First Post
OOC: No offense taken GE. I played in a quite a few PBPs before but never had to take back an action, therefore I totally did not know that it's bad form to do so. Thanks again for taking over for AFG here's hoping to us finish this adventure in victory!

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: I personally interpreted the items in hand, that we were not yet able to move and getting somewhat surprised by Knesh before we were ready..
BTW, Cesti (yes, he wears two) work like spiked gauntlets. They are worn, not carried, so the others started with one hand free and only the Guardian with two empty hands.

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]My apologies for the delay. A very busy weekend and then a borderline migraine has slowed me down a bit. I hope to get posted up Monday in the AM.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Alerted by an unnatural sound the group whirls and is ready for action. Seeing Knesh Megan hopes to get the jump on the double-crossing old adventurer but as she begins to move Knesh fires off his crossbow at the rogue and retreats a step. Not distracted by Knesh's wild shot Megan moves into the range she knows can be devastating and returns fire. Her bolt strikes home with a solid thud and Knesh exhales in sudden stunned pain.

Ariel also advances and unleashes fiery divine justice upon Knesh. The rogue takes some serious burns as Helina’s fires begin purging his evil in holy flame.

The Guardian positions his shield for greater defense and assesses where he’ll be most needed…

From round the corner shuffles a putrid shambling corpse. It turns the jellied orbs of its eyes on Megan with an unholy stare. ”Ughhnn…”

Knesh rips something from his robe and tosses it in front of him then quickly reloads his crossbow. As the slip of cloth twirls towards the ground it lengthens and stretches until a second zombie stands between the group and Knesh. The zombie tilts its head as if sensing something and ignoring Knesh it turns towards the group.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT order
Code:
Character              AC    HP    InHand/Condition 
Knesh                  17  -16/?   handcrossbow/none
Megan                  17  16/16   crossbow/none
Ariel                  19  16/16   shield & javelin/none      
Guardian               19  18/19   shield & cestus/none
Zombie                 12   12     none/staggered

Round One – characters move into range of ambush; Knesh readies action, moves, fails Stealth.
Round Two – Knesh’s readied shot goes off, characters act. Zombie shuffles forward.
Round Three - Knesh drops zombie, reloads.[/sblock]
OOC: Megan is up!

Attachments

• KneshFinal3.jpg
    KneshFinal3.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 80

VVilhem

First Post
Instincts take over as Megan quickly sidesteps the zombie (drawing her dog slicer as she moves) to flank it with Ariel (ending move at H12). Lacking the skills to control her speed, however, Megan fails to execute a proper attack against her opponent. Cursing herself, the half elf suddenly wishes her friends will be bring up the rear sooner rather than later.

OOC: Normally a dogslicer breaks on a natural 1. Good thing Stump made it MW for Megan back when he's still alive. I also forgot to include MW + flanking bonus in her atk, not that it will matter, but just fyi.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

[sblock=OOC Update for VVilhem]Hey VV (because GE & WD already know),

I returned to my office yesterday only to be laid off. It looks like the natural disaster has put the writing on the wall in my little office and they realize that the SALES people cannot do their job. So they need to reduce costs by cutting the senior engineer (keeping the junior guy that has only been there 3 months). No one every says management is smart. I would have waited a few more months to ensure the junior guy's at least could do the job first. Anyway, that's what I get for skipping town under the threat of nuclear disaster.

Not sure what that will mean for the future of my gaming, but it has definitely put a damper on my creativity for the near term. I expect that I will actually have less time for playing in the longer term as I no longer have my iPhone to keep up on things and cannot spend as much time in front of a computer at home as I could working.

I am slowly catching up on my updates, but I will be a bit slower most likely.

-PM[/sblock]Ariel gapes at the beggar's nefarious deeds of bringing the undead to his aid. She snarls, "By Helina, you deserve death."

The cleric drops back and puts some space between herself and the Zombie, remarking to the Guardian, "Go ahead and step in here to deal with this creature."

She raises her arms above and a divine glow radiates forth with her goddess's blessing. Having bolstered her companions, she draws her scimitar, "Megan, slice and step back so we can rotate our front line."

[sblock=Actions]Free Action: Drop Javelin (at H-14) & 5ft step to H-15
Standard Action: Cast Bless; +1 Attack & Saves vs. Fear.
Move Action: Draw Scimitar[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 16 Current: 16
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Scimitar

Fire Bolt: 4/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 1/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 2/4 (Doom, Burning Hands) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Walking Dad

First Post

Knowing that blunt force will not be good against dead flesh, the Guardian draws his dagger as he moves in Ariel's former position and attacks.

[sblock=OOC]

move: to h14
free: draw dagger (during movement)
swift: activate arcane strike
standard: attack zombie with dagger (hits AC 17 (forgot bless) for 8 slashing damage (attack counts as a magic weapon)

AC: 19, Touch: 12, FF: 16
CMD: 16
Fort +3, Refl +4, Will +1

HP: 18/19

[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
The far zombie begins to shuffle towards Megan but luckily, rubble from the ruined walls of Palazzo Vega prevent the zombie from doing more than just shambling forward.

The zombie between Megan and the Guardian seems momentarily confused by Megan’s quick action that put her behind it but the appearance of a new target in front of the zombie gets its undead eyes gleaming. It swings its decomposing arm at the Guardian but the Guardian easily brushes the attack aside with his shield.

Knesh looks hurt at Ariel’s death sentence. ”I use the means at hand to achieve my goals, my dear.” His face curls into a snarl, ”I certainly don’t ally with monsters. Where is dear old Stump, by the way? Sneaking his treacherous way behind me? Or did the sharks get a little taste o’ the fey?

Apparently finished with talking Knesh drops his crossbow, moves forward and draws a wickedly sharp little dagger and stabs at Megan. The small blood cuts deep, maybe puncturing an organ, and seriously wounding Megan.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT order
Code:
[u]Character              AC    HP    InHand/Condition[/u] 
Knesh                  17  -16/?   dagger/none
Megan                  17  06/16   dogslicer/none
Ariel                  19  16/16   shield & scimitar/none      
Guardian               19  18/19   shield & dagger/none
Zombie 1               12   04     none/staggered
Zombie 2               12   12     none/staggered
[/sblock]
OOC: Megan is up!

Attachments

• KneshFinal4.jpg
    KneshFinal4.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

VVilhem

First Post
Megan sinks her dogslicer into the zombie's back but before she can do any real damage pain blossoms from her lower back. She quickly steps closer to her allies (5-foot to I13), guarding herself with her weapon as she goes.

OOC: 1(BAB) + 4(DEX) + 1(MW) + 2(FLANK) + 1(BLESS) = 9

OOC: Talk about crap damage. *sigh

Last edited:

Remove ads