• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Lost Imperium

Garadh_zps2e17f378.jpg

Garadh

Garadh looks at the corpse Tsaaruck is putting into the cart.

"Do you think it used to be some kind of undead? But more importantly... that axe. Maybe it is magical or something else special ... could any of you with magic try to sense any magic on it?"

Garadh also inspects both the corpse and the axe himself.

OOC:
Perception = 1d20+8 = 17

Mini-stats

[sblock]
HP: 57, currently 57
AC: 21 (touch 13, flat-footed 18)
BAB: +5
CMD +9, CMB 21
Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +0
Speed 30'
Longsword +1 Attack: +12 (1d8+7/19-20)
Longsword +1 Power Attack: +10 (1d8+11/19-20)
Sling Attack: +7 (1d4+4)
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
To Garadh the body looks like little more than an older man with skin weathered and leathery from years of wind and sun. The fresh-looking wounds are rather incongruous with the dessicated, almost mummified, skin but if he was undead he certainly isn't animate now. Beneath the wolf-skin cloak the corpse wears sturdy clothing such that a long-time traveler might wear. The axe, however, seems special: as soon as Garadh lays hands on it to examine it closer he feels the tingle of magic and is certain that there is a price involved in owning it. He looks it over thoroughly: the head of the throwing axe is silver with a snarling wolf head engraved on one side and the face of an innocent engraved on the other.

"All ready?" calls Jyman Trout from his seat on the cart. "Then let us travel on; I am well past ready to roll into the security of less wild lands."

c53u.png
w26c.png
ptl3.png

. . . . Jyman Trout . . . . . . . Brother Goswald . . . . . . . The Silver Axe . . . .

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
"While I would prefer to hunt this voice in the mist I think this situation calls for us to make our way to the castle and inform the locals of what has happened here. Garadh still is in need of attention before we can continue on our way. Let us be moving then." Tsaaruk gets on his horse and ready to move out. As they travel he will constantly scan for any sign of wolves.

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 54 current: 54
CMB: +9 / CMD: 21 Fort: +7 / Ref: +2 / Will: +2
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 12/12
Renewed Vigor: 1/1

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia cast her spell and activated her mage sight to examine the magical auras around the axe.

“It certainly looks to be an usual piece. Perhaps that is what the voice was after, and not the actual corpse itself. It could be a powerful weapon on its own, or maybe the emblem has significance and it is a bane to werewolves.”

To aid in her study of the weapon, she cast another spell to specialize in determining magical properties.

[sblock=Actions]Cast Detect Magic and Identify Spellcraft to ID Axe (1d20+19=39)[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)-> 19 with Prot from Evil
HP:
32 Current: 32
CMD:
12, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +5 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Prot from Evil

Weapon in Hand:
Wand of Silent Image
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 4/8, 2nd Level: 4/5

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +13
AC:
19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17)
HP:
16 Current: 16
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +6
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +8, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC:
13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP:
15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect:
War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand:
2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad wiped his blade on the wolf's fur before sheathing it again. He walked back to the merchant and bowed his head in thanks for looking after the horse. He took the reins and began clambering back onto it, saying, "Yes, we should get going. As much as I would love to hunt down these monsters, we still have a prior job to look to. Perhaps we can warn the lord when we reach his keep."
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +3^ Reflex: +9^ Will: +7^
Perception: +11^, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+9^, 1d6+4, 18-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Heroism^
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 0/3

Used Items:
-
Abilities Used:
Battle Dance (4/15)
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Pirvinia also feels the sense of foreboding when she takes up the axe to examine its magical properties. Its enchantment surrenders its secrets easily: the weapon holds minor enchantments to enhance its balance and sharpness. But she senses something more to the weapon and Pirvinia peels away obscuring enchantment until she discovers an underlying geas that affects the wielder. Unfortunately she is unable to tell what form the geas would take.

When everyone is ready Jyman Trout sets his wagon to rolling down the road and the horses gladly follow. It is only minutes later that the forest thins and as the forest does so the fog vanishes revealing a rolling farmland, scattered houses with sharply peaked roofs, and a castle sitting atop a hill, all ringed in by the thick forests. Trout sighs and a moment later is echoed by Brother Goswald's sigh of relief at having finally reached the town.

Trout drives his wagon up to the castle. The guard stops everyone though he clearly is acquainted with Jyman Trout. "Traveling with a troupe now, Trout? Giving up the merchant's life for the mummer's? So, who is this?" While phrased as a question to Trout it is clearly directed to the group as a whole.

[sblock]Axe: +1 silversheen throwing axe[/sblock]

c53u.png
w26c.png
ptl3.png

. . . . Jyman Trout . . . . . . . Brother Goswald . . . . . . . The Silver Axe . . . .

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia was not sure if anyone should wield the axe or not with the geas attached, “Well, the throwing axe is special for lycanthropes, but there is more to it as Garadh felt. Anyone using it will be under the effect of a geas, but it is behind my ability to ascertain what form that will take. I will put the axe away for now, and if any of you warriors want to try using it later I will gladly hand it over.”

She put the throwing axe in a saddlebag as they continued onwards to the castle.

Upon being challenged by the guard, Privinia glanced at Brother Goswald and wondered why he had not been recognized. She spoke up from atop her black roan, “We are travelers that seek refuge for a day or two. Our companion is ill and in need of the services of a healer. Our names are…” Gesturing to each of them, she provided the names of her companions.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)-> 19 with Prot from Evil
HP:
CMD:
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Prot from Evil

Weapon in Hand:
Wand of Silent Image
Spells Remaining:

Mazi
Initiative:
AC:
HP:
Conditions in effect:
Weapon in Hand:

AC:
HP:
Conditions in effect:
Weapon in Hand:

GlassEye

Adventurer
The guard nods and opens the gate to the courtyard. "I hope you enjoy the hospitality of Castle Danyll. Your ill companion will be well cared for here."

Jyman Trout drives his cart over next to a stable and a stable boy and several grooms come out to unsaddle and stable your horses. By the time that is well started and you have collected your gear you become aware that the door to the castle itself stands open and a slight figure, backlit by the dim light of a low-burning fire, stands in the door. A melodious voice calls out in heavily accented Common.

"Welcome to Castle Danyll. Our home is yours for as long as there is need. I am Valeriya. Come inside. My father has already retired but he will be pleased to greet you in the morning."

The young woman, clad in a heavy fur-trimmed robe to guard against the night chill, stands aside to welcome everyone as they enter. Her eyes light up when she sees Jyman Trout. "Oh, Trout! What have you brought for me this time? Wait, is that Brother Goswald in the rear? Father will be pleased to see that he has returned safely. Come in, come in. Were you long on the road? I'll have food and ale brought. You must be hungry."

c53u.png
w26c.png
hn3w.png

. . . . Jyman Trout . . . . . . . Brother Goswald . . . . . . . . . . Valeriya . . . . . .

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia was not surprised at the hospitality; it was not an uncommon occurrence amongst the provincial kingdoms and fiefdoms. She smiled and accepted the hospitality.

“I thank you, Lady Valeriya. I am Pirvinia von Lichenstein. If I could trouble your staff to have a hot bath prepared, that would be most welcome and appreciated.”

Since Brother Goswald was known to the castle, she did not answer for him about their journey and business.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)->
HP:
CMD:
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand:
None
Spells Remaining:

Mazi
Initiative:
AC:
HP:
Conditions in effect:
Weapon in Hand:

AC:
HP:
Conditions in effect:
Weapon in Hand:

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

"Good evening, Lady Valeriya. I'm Mirra Weathersmith, of the Weathersmith craftsmen." The alchemist bows. "I only just ran into Mr. Trout on the road, so I'm not sure your hospitality applies to me. But I'm certainly willing to provide my services as an alchemist and a natural philosopher in return for a night's meal and lodging. I'm on my way to Chernyj Forest, as I have business there."

[sblock=OOC]--[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 18+2 (13+2 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +4 CMD: 17
Fort: +4 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +7
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 9/10
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 4/4
2nd Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: None

Current Weapon in Hand: Bomb (+6, x2, 2d6+4), Longspear (+4, x2, 1d8+1, Cold Iron/Reach)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads