Run dates: 16 December 2013 (DOY 350) to

Heroes:
Tsaaruck
Quillian Barthony
Samad Salil
Garadh
Pirvinia von Lichenstein
Mirra Weathersmith

[sblock=Leveling expectations]I'll keep close track of encounter xp and time-based xp using Mowgli's Adventure Tracker and/or also calculated out above. I will periodically post an image of the excel sheet so that you can advance any levels gained as soon as you have enough xp to do so, though if that comes in the middle of an encounter leveling will need to wait until the encounter is completed.

My estimations on how long this will play have never been accurate so I'm not even going to bother.[/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Tracking/XP]Part 1
bjr3.png

Tsaaruk:
--TBX: 2072 +1440 Enc = +3512 xp
--TBG: 2311 +1860 Enc = +4171 gp

Quillian:
--TBX:
--TBG:

Samad:
--TBX: 2855 +1440 Enc = +4295 xp
--TBG: 3243 +1860 Enc = +5103 gp

Garadh:
--TBX: 2855 +1440 Enc = +4295 xp
--TBG: 3243 +1860 Enc = +5103 gp

Pirvinia:
--TBX: 2958 +1440 Enc = +4398 xp
--TBG: 3359 +1860 Enc = +5219 gp

Part 2
2vIlxE.png

Tsaaruk:
--TBX: 3230 +2240 Enc = +5470 xp
--TBG: 3659 +2540 Enc = +6199 gp

Mirra:
--TBX: 3470 +2240 Enc = +5710 xp
--TBG: 3899 +2540 Enc = +6439 gp

Samad:
--TBX: 4086 +2240 Enc = +6326 xp
--TBG: 4465 +2540 Enc = +7005 gp

Garadh:
--TBX: 4110 +2240 Enc = +6350 xp
--TBG: 4489 +2540 Enc = +7029 gp

Pirvinia:
--TBX: 4164 +2240 Enc = +6404 xp
--TBG: 4543 +2540 Enc = +7083 gp

Finale
tR1hHd.png

Tsaaruk:
--TBX: 2012 +1200 Enc = +3212 xp
--TBG: 2194 +1250 Enc = +3444 gp

Mirra:
--TBX: 2092 +1200 Enc = +3292 xp
--TBG: 2249 +1250 Enc = +3499 gp

Samad:
--TBX: 3036 +1200 Enc = +4236 xp
--TBG: 2898 +1250 Enc = +4148 gp

Pirvinia:
--TBX: 3036 +1200 Enc = +4236 xp
--TBG: 2898 +1250 Enc = +4148 gp

[/sblock][sblock=Treasury]Part 1 (Tsaaruk, Samad, Quillian, Garadh, Pirvinia)
0) Prepayment: -- gp
1) Ring of Sustenance (2,500 gp)
2) +1 longsword (2,000 gp), wand of CLW, 50 charges (750 gp), 250 gp
3) --
4) ?

Part 2 (Tsaaruk, Mirra, Samad, Garadh, Pirvinia)[/sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]* I might roll saving throws and skill rolls if the situation warrants it but I prefer the players to make their own rolls. I always roll initiative and I use perrinmiller's method for group initiative so you still gain benefit from initiative enhancement. A quick explanation if you haven't encountered it before: I roll initiative for every participant in the combat and average the initiative for each side. If any one participant on the losing initiative side beats all the initiative rolls on the winning side that participant gets a free round of actions before the winning initiatives.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or other on-line dice rollers as long as you can link the rolls, preferably in an sblock. I generally use Invisible Castle for my own rolling.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the GM. In general, please try to post 3x/week. Players who consistently slow down the game or are absent for a long period of time will be removed, at GM's discretion. Note: I am generally not available to post from Friday evening to Saturday evening, Central US time.

* I would like a character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids (I hope to graduate to using ditzie but not sure its going to happen in this adventure; I'll let you know) and just for general representation in your posts.

* A mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet posted with every post would make my job much easier. After it is set up it is easy to maintain by quoting yourself and updating the information. An example/template is below. Please spoilerblock OOC posts and discussions.

[sblock=Example Mini Stats]Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 22/22
CMB: +4 CMD: 18
Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +2
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Spear (Light)
Current Conditions in Effect: Guidance, Resistance
Spells Remaining (1st): 0[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Supporting Cast

w26c.png
hdhq.jpg
mkb6.png
2ot.png

. . . Brother Goswald . . . . The Lalanite Catechism . . . . . . . . Zartosht . . . . . . . . . . Captain Minali . . . .

• Goswald, lay brother of the Transcendental Imperium, member of the Society of Stones.
  • The Lalanite Catechism: A book of rites and rituals of the Lalanite Order of the Transcendental Imperium. Plainly bound in black leather masking the true beauty and value of the illuminated pages. The Catechism provides a +2 bonus to Knowledge (Religion) checks.
  • Zartosht, First Mate on the Breezy Maid. Zartosht is from a clan on the southern coast of Rhat'matanis.
  • Minali, Captain on the Breezy Maid.

kzl.gif
ipy9.jpg
hhr5.jpg
qwi2.jpg

. . . . Port Duvende . . . . .. . Pelman Panderlywick . . . . . . Mother Telka . . . . . Flower of the Aamornan .

• Port Duvende: The mainland falls steeply down to the sea and the Telen Pass, newly cut and paved by the labor of Dwarven craftsmen, climbs precipitously up into the mountains towards Tal Hallow. The settlement and piers of Port Duvende are still under construction: gantries and cranes rise above nearly every structure of the small city that makes up the port. The pass and piers are solid dwarven construction but distinctive gnomish domes rise up and dot the city with bright, sparkling color.
  • Pelman Panderlywick, officious gnome of the Port Duvende harbormasters office.
  • Mother Telka, born Telka of the Goti-Azwan, is an old woman, shoulders slightly hunched, dressed in a dark gray dress ragged along the hem. A linen scarf of the same dark gray covers her hair and frames her face. Her tanned, lined face and gray clothing all serve to draw attention to her clear, sky-blue eyes. Spry enough to not need it, she carries a walking stick. She speaks in a thick, foreign accent recognizable as from the grasslands of the Pell by those familiar with it. She serves as a healer in Planks for those poor enough to be unable to afford clerical healing.
  • Flower of the Aamornan. The Aamornan is a vine native to the forested foothills of the northern Seithr mountains.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
The unoccupied room that Brother Goswald finds is large enough for a much bigger group of people. He wastes no time claiming a chair next to the door though he waits until everyone has entered before sitting down in the chair with an involuntary sigh of relief. He still clutches the coarse bag though now it is evident that the object within is a large book. A moment of concern for the bag's contents crosses his face but is quickly resolved as he thumps the bag down on the table in front of him.

"Now that you all have made yourselves comfortable I will try to answer your questions and tell my tale." He turns to Pirvinia and inclines his head in greeting. "My answer to your question was brief; I hope that the details become more clear as I go."

He also nods to Quillian and Tsaaruck. "I am pleased to have a representative of the local storm gods deign to listen to my need. And I can assure you, Tsaaruck, that when we leave Venza cities will be few and far between." Goswald studies the unknown elf a moment before he continues. "Yes, I am looking for mercenaries. Or men, and women, who are willing to do the work of the gods for the small reward that I am capable of providing."

At this point three waitresses enter the room with platters of meat and bread, bowls of gazpacho, and an assortment of drinks to refill the sundry mugs and glasses of those present. Goswald motions for everyone to help themselves and loses himself for a few moments in the food eating with the hearty appreciation of one who has subsisted an extended time on trail rations. With a slurp he finishes a bowl of the soup and smiles with no embarrassment.

"Pardon me. As I mentioned, my name is Goswald and I am a lay brother and worshiper of the Majesty Becoming whom you may have heard referred to as the Transcendental Imperium. I have recently found a lost temple and it is my goal to reclaim it." Goswald raises his index finger motioning the others to wait. "But here is the difficulty: the temple lies within the foothills of the Seithr Mountains and that is a very long journey from here. I made most of that journey on the back of my trusty horse but she threw a shoe near Barrow's Edge south of here. Being so close I was anxious to arrive and find help so I pushed on on foot."

Goswald takes a moment to take a swallow of his drink. "The distance isn't the only difficulty. After I discovered the lost temple and was searching through its ruined walls I became convinced that I was being watched. This feeling only grew until the dread I felt could not be resisted and I fled the ruin. The creatures stalked me until I managed to cross the border of a nearby kingdom and was rescued by the king's warband. Simply, I need you to root out whatever dark thing has taken the place as its home so that I can recover what relics may remain."

w26c.png

. . . . Brother Goswald . . . .

Garadh drains a drink and quickly finishes a bowl of soup and a chunk of meat.

"The Seithr Mountains. I have never been there, nor do I know much of them. But this dark presence... did you see the creatures? Can you describe them? Was it something sprung from an unquiet grave, or perhaps an infernal presence?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia3_zpsa7ffdd2f.jpg

Pirvinia gestured with an elegant hand that the clergyman’s concern was not important as he proceeded to eat heartily. She was not hungry and only nibbled at a few things while the others gorge themselves.

She waited patiently for Brother Goswald to finish.

The sorceress looks at the yet to be identified human warrior that spoke up first for a moment. She adds, "Is there reason to believe this dark presence you sensed watching you was the walking dead or malevolent spirits instead of something more mundane? Mister…”

“Sorry I do not know your name, nor have you introduced yourself,"
she says directly to Garadh before continuing to speak with Brother Goswald.

"Anyway, he raised a few good questions and I have learned that being prepared for unusual creatures is a prudent idea. The last adventurers that Samad and I went with thought nothing of being prepared with some items to deal with unusual creatures that not able to be effectively fought with normal weapons. We ended up regretting it.”

“If there are to be no cities out near this temple, it only makes sense to be properly prepared before we leave Venza, yes?"

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +4 (6 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)
HP:
20 Current: 20
CMD:
11, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +4 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand:
None
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 6/6

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +11
AC:
18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP:
10 Current: 10
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +5
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +7, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]@Khisanth the Ancient; With 100% Buy back in LPF, there really is no good reason to be carrying around over 3800gp in coinage. ;)
At least you should buy your own Cure Light Wounds wand for the healer to use on you outside of combat. Having better armor is probably a good idea too if you are planning to be a tank.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg

Tsaaruck eats his fill of the food. Having learned in previous meetings of this sort that it is normal and with the thought of eating on the road for days to come.

"Good brother how do we travel? Will we walk or need horses?"

He then looks to Privinia "You spoke of being prepared for unusual creatures. What do you suggest? I have mostly made due with whatever I can find but have found it good to listen to companions who share a different life than mine has been before coming to Venza."

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 28 current: 28
CMB: +6 / CMD: 18 Fort: +6 / Ref: +1 / Will: +1
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 8/8

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Quillian.jpg

Quillian enters the room carrying a large mug and a heavily laden plate, and is content for the first few minutes to simply listen as he eats. "I have heard of the Imperium, though only in passing; that an old temple has been found is mildly intriguing. While the Stormlords do not overly concern themselves with those philosophies, the memory of olden times is one they seek to keep alive. For a trip of that distance, I would recommend horses, or in my case, I shall probably select for a good riding dog. As for the strange creatures, the more information you were able to glean, the better chance we have of dealing with them quickly and easily."

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The elf nodded back towards the man, "I am more than willing to do the work of the Gods. My name is Samad Salil, as-salamu alaykum."

He regarded the others before continuing on, "I am no stranger to great distances, I myself come from the desert, Rhat'manatis, a journey I myself completed some weeks ago. Having that be said, I do not know where of these mountains, but the distance cannot be that much greater. As to this monster, Pirvinia is correct. The mistakes we made not yesterday should be regarded. We should be certain that we are prepared to fight any sort of beast or man."

He looked over at Tsaaruck, "I have heard that ghouls and evil spirits fear holy water, so were that to be what stalked Brother Goswald, then perhaps we could make use of that."
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +4
Perception: +8, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+7, 1d6+3, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Dervish Dance
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/4

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Brother Goswald looks thoughtful for a few moments and he nods in response to Garadh's question.

"Yes, I did manage to catch a glimpse of my stalker. It was tall as a man, bulky as if well-muscled. Dark fleshed, gleaming red eyes, and a sharp beak. I am convinced there was more than one but I only ever saw one at any given time." The monk pauses and looks ashamed before forcing himself to continue. "I was very afraid, nearly in panic, and fleeing... It is possible that something else stirred up the fear within me and these sightings nothing but fear phantoms. If that were the case," he says looking to Pirvinia, "then it is possible it was the work of malevolent spirits. I am afraid I couldn't tell if the source of my fear was from an unquiet grave or an infernal presence."

Goswald reaches out to the sack and opens it revealing a book with a worn, black, leather cover. He taps the book.

"This is a catechism of the Lalanites. It suggests to me that there might be unquiet dead in residence if this were a chapterhouse of the Lalanite Order." Goswald looks from face to face to make sure he hasn't lost anyone with his religious references.

"As for travel, horses or other mounts would speed the journey. If you do not have them we can sell the book. I am sure it would bring a good price and the money can provide mounts and an initial payment of your fee."

w26c.png

. . . . Brother Goswald . . . .

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases