Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Roughy River Run


log in or register to remove this ad

Deepthought

First Post


Fhannas plan sounded indeed as Sylvain had expected. Sneak up on it and fire away....straight forward...oh well. But timing the dog to appear right after the fire has gone out would be tricksome.


Aha. I hear you, your medium-highness. Timing the dog to arrive between frying pan and fire will be tough, but lets do. I have the same range requirement though, but the dog can cover some ground on its own before biting away. So I can stay some 30 additional feet away. Lets sneak out then

Readying his short bow for the first attack and preparing his components for the spell, Sylvain sneaks along behind Fhanna, aiming for a good spot on the side of the road. Sneaking appears critical with all the twigs on the road...

[sblock=OOC]
I agree with the plan. I will start to summon the dog in round 2 than, firing away with the bow in round one. Starting a song to wake the bloke up will not do, so I will wait on that.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Sneak to K36 I think and prepare to shoot when Fhanna lets go with her spell.
Stealth: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats Dog]
Init +1
Senses: darkvision, low-light vision, scent
Perception +8

DEFENSE
AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
hp 6
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1
SR 5

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d4+1)

STATISTICS
Str 13, Dex 13, Con 15 [191], Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 11 (15 vs. trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills
Acrobatics +1 (+9 jumping)
Perception +8, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking)
Racial Modifiers
+4 Acrobatics when jumping
+4 Survival when tracking by scent
[/sblock]


[sblock=Sylvain Mini Stats]
Sylvain, Bard 3
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +1
CMD: 13
Fort: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +3
Initiative: +3
Perception: +3
Perform: +8
Disable Device: +9
Bardic Performance: 7/7
Cantrip remaining: Unlimited
Level 1 remaining: 4/4
Current Weapon in Hand:
Masterwork Longsword
Current Conditions in Effect:


Temporary items in possession:
Masterwork Panpipes (Wind Instrument)

Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted:
none[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
((No bow in round 1! Bowshots can be seen, and then Sylvain is facing an ogre alone! The hope is for the ogre to take three rounds of damage without knowing where it's coming from . Though it's a fort save, so we'll have to see.))

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app
 

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Kaz Bridge: Showdown at Sundown

[section]The party carefully creeps forward, eyes beset on the ogre and minds focused on being quiet about it all. Once in position, Sylvain hums a short little melody to begin his summoning spell. Fhanna and Seros stalk forward, but Seros manages to step in a crunchy pile of pine needles. Luckily, this fails to wake the sleeping ogre.

Once in position, Fhanna's eyes begin to change. A fiery red engulfs her irises, recalling the fury of deep dwarven forges of her ancestors from long ago. Within a moment, the ogre's eyes open and he howls in pain, his deep bass voice echoing through the pines. Even worse for him, his clothes catch fire!

[/section]

[sblock=Combat Info]
Ogre Perception: ??
Seros Stealth: 5 [Roll(1) + Skill(4)]
Fhanna Stealth: 14 [Roll(16) + Skill(-2)]
Sylvain Stealth: 9 [Roll(3) + Skill(6)]

Sylvain begins casting Summon Monster I (dog).

Fhanna casts Burning Gaze on the sleeping ogre. (Fort DC 16)

Ogre Fortitude Save: Fail
Ogre Reflex Save: Fail

Ogre wakes up, takes fire damage, and clothes catch on fire.
Ogre is prone and unarmed.

Surprise round over.
Combat Begins.

Ogre Initiative: 15 (Tiebreaker: 4)

KN: I need damage from Burning Gaze
All: I need initiative

All party members who beat 15 may act in Round 0. On a 15, reroll.
[/sblock]

Underscore battle music!
Map!
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2yo5thl.jpg

Fhanna Lorewalker, Lore Shaman 3
Roughy River
Day 7/Morning
Round 0

Initiative: 1D20 = [4] = 4

Burning Gaze damage Surprise Round: 1D6 = [6] = 6

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Action:
Move:
Free:
Conditions: Monstrous Insight (+2 attack and AC), Burning Gaze 3/3
Archimedes:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Fhanna Lorewalker Mini Stats]
Fhanna Lorewalker
HP: 29/29 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 10 T: 15 Without armor: 10/10/10
CMD: 11
Fort: +2 Ref: +1 Will: +7

Ammunition: 8/10 bolts
Monstrous Insight (3/4/day)

Longspear: +3 1d8+1/P Crit x3 Reach
Light crossbow: +2 1d8/P Crit 19-20 x2 Range 80’
Dagger: +3 1d4+1/PS Crit 19-20/x2 Range 10’

Spells Prepared (Prepare each morning)
0: Daze, Detect Magic, Light, Touch of Fatigue
1. Identify (Spirit), Magic Missile, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
2. Tongues (Spirit), Burning Gaze, Lesser Restoration*

Game Notes:
Seros is a fantastic lover.
Stirges suck.
Caius, RIP
Drayvin is from Seithr.
[/sblock]
 

Deepthought

First Post


Seeing the Ogre going up in Flames is a fair thing to behold, but not easy for a long spell to go by without stumbling. Yet the expert dog-summoner first class goes quietly through with his summons and shall not falter.

[sblock=OOC]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Intitiative: Initiative: 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats Dog]
Init +1
Senses: darkvision, low-light vision, scent
Perception +8

DEFENSE
AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
hp 6
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1
SR 5

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d4+1)

STATISTICS
Str 13, Dex 13, Con 15 [191], Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 11 (15 vs. trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills
Acrobatics +1 (+9 jumping)
Perception +8, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking)
Racial Modifiers
+4 Acrobatics when jumping
+4 Survival when tracking by scent
[/sblock]


[sblock=Sylvain Mini Stats]
Sylvain, Bard 3
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +1
CMD: 13
Fort: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +3
Initiative: +3
Perception: +3
Perform: +8
Disable Device: +9
Bardic Performance: 7/7
Cantrip remaining: Unlimited
Level 1 remaining: 4/4
Current Weapon in Hand:
Masterwork Longsword
Current Conditions in Effect:


Temporary items in possession:
Masterwork Panpipes (Wind Instrument)

Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted:
none[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Seros Animus
[section]

As the others set off their attacks, Seros drew his sword and touched his holy symbol, praying to the Sword Lords for their blessing.

[/section]

OOC: Seros casts Bless on the party. +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves vs. fear.


[sblock=Seros's Stats]Character Sheet
HP: 14/18
Condition: Eager to be heading home
Initiative: +5
Perception: +9
[sblock=Defenses and Offenses]AC: 17 Flat: 14 Touch: 13
Fort: 4 Reflex: 2 Will: 6

In Hand: Longsword and Cleaning Materials
Longsword (Two-Hands): +4, 1d8+4, 19-20/x2
Sling: +3 1d4+3, 20/x2, 50. ft.
Bullets: 20/20[/sblock]
[sblock=Spellcasting and Abilities]Orisons: Unlimited
Create Water
Detect Magic
Disrupt Undead
Guidance
Read Magic

Level 1: 3/Day
Bless
Divine Favor
Lend Judgment

Other daily abilities:
Judgment: 1/1 Remaining
Daylight: 1/1 Remaining[/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions:
Total Coin: 20.51 GP

Game Info:
- We delivered the most successful Roughy River Run ever. Halflings must love us.
- Fhanna is a feisty dwarf.
- Caius gave his life to save the party from certain death.
- Drayvin went after Caius, disappearing before we could stop him.[/sblock][/sblock]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]

"Kerplagh elspud! Gaah zapa! Gaah Zapa! N'eeeeeh!" The ogre snorts and cries out in pain, the fire from Fhanna's magic nigh-unbearable. His deep bellowing shakes some loose pine needles off the nearby trees.

The ogre does what one might expect even an ogre to do: find water. Lucky enough for him, there is water under the bridge. That's what he finds and that's where he goes. Once the flames are doused, he takes a brief moment to look around. This moment is one of bewilderment and confusion. Everything seems to be right as it was when he decided to take a nap. Everything except the three adventures standing a ways from the bridge. His bridge. It is not hard for anyone mistake the menacing glare he shares with our intrepid heroes.

[/section]

[sblock=Combat Info]

Round 0

Ogre takes 6 fire damage, clothes are on fire.

Round 1

Ogre wins initiative.

Ogre fails Reflex save, still on fire. Takes an additional 1 fire damage.
Ogre: 7 Damage Total.
Clothes: 1 Damage Total.

Ogre Move: Stand Up
Ogre Move: Run to water

Ogre is not on fire anymore.

Party Up!

[/sblock]

GM: Jago/Seros is removed from the game.


Underscore battle music!
Map!
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2yo5thl.jpg

Fhanna Lorewalker, Lore Shaman 3
Roughy River
Day 7/Morning
Round 1

“A wee tough bugger, innit?” Fhanna said. steeling herself. She readied herself to meet the ogre and turned her gaze on the ogre once more.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Action: Burning Gaze again. DC 16 Fort save or catch on fire.
Burning Gaze damage round 1: 1D6 = [2] = 2
Move:
Free:
Conditions: Monstrous Insight (+2 attack and AC), Burning Gaze 2/3
Archimedes:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Fhanna Lorewalker Mini Stats]
Fhanna Lorewalker
HP: 29/29 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 10 T: 15 Without armor: 10/10/10
CMD: 11
Fort: +2 Ref: +1 Will: +7

Ammunition: 8/10 bolts
Monstrous Insight (3/4/day)

Longspear: +3 1d8+1/P Crit x3 Reach
Light crossbow: +2 1d8/P Crit 19-20 x2 Range 80’
Dagger: +3 1d4+1/PS Crit 19-20/x2 Range 10’

Spells Prepared (Prepare each morning)
0 (DC 14): Daze, Detect Magic, Light, Touch of Fatigue
1 (DC 15): Identify (Spirit), Magic Missile, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
2 (DC 16): Tongues (Spirit), Burning Gaze*, Lesser Restoration*

Game Notes:
Seros is a fantastic lover.
Stirges suck.
Caius, RIP
Drayvin is from Seithr.
[/sblock]
 

Deepthought

First Post


Finishing the spell, Sylvain visualises the dog appearing on the path, running for the Ogre and biting. Right away, Sylvain will go and step forward a pace and pick his bow, letting loose an arrow, nicely tuned towards the Ogres right nosehole.

[sblock=OOC]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Dog appearing at L31, running to the Ogre (L28) and attacking. It should not be harmed by the gaze right?
Dog attack and possible Damage: 1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18
1D4+1 = [2]+1 = 3


Drawing Shortbow while stepping to K35 and shooting at the Ogre.
ShortBow Attack and possibly damage: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15
1D6 = [4] = 4

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats Dog]
Init +1
Senses: darkvision, low-light vision, scent
Perception +8

DEFENSE
AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
hp 6
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1
SR 5

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d4+1)

STATISTICS
Str 13, Dex 13, Con 15 [191], Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 11 (15 vs. trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills
Acrobatics +1 (+9 jumping)
Perception +8, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking)
Racial Modifiers
+4 Acrobatics when jumping
+4 Survival when tracking by scent
[/sblock]


[sblock=Sylvain Mini Stats]
Sylvain, Bard 3
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +1
CMD: 13
Fort: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +3
Initiative: +3
Perception: +3
Perform: +8
Disable Device: +9
Bardic Performance: 7/7
Cantrip remaining: Unlimited
Level 1 remaining: 4/4
Current Weapon in Hand:
Masterwork Longsword
Current Conditions in Effect:


Temporary items in possession:
Masterwork Panpipes (Wind Instrument)

Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted:
none[/sblock]
 

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top