LPF Silent Tide: Corbin

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Charity speaks up from beside Corbin, "Ummm, ok, heading along the right wall then." With these words, she moves off into the fog to the right (east).

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Corbin_zps2ba4fec3.jpg

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin follows, hot on Charity's heels, whispering, "What do you think became of the others? Did you hear anything about them going in the other direction?"
OOC: If Corbin has any movement left after following Charity (that is, if she moves no further than it would take Corbin to do in a single move with his speed of 35 ft.), then he readies an action to attack anything threatening with his morningstar.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Charity hasn't gone far; Corbin easily catches her up. As he takes a position 'on her six,' he lifts his morningstar and faces into the fog, ready for attack. Just ahead and to the left is the base of a stair; it almost certainly gives access to the main chamber for storing grain, and is likely used to clean the chamber when it's empty.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Corbin_zpsf5424913.jpg

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin listens closely as he follows Charity quietly, whether she goes up the stairs or stays on the ground. If he does not hear any sound of battle, he decides it is best to call out to ensure his allies are okay. "Robert? Are you and our new friend still okay?" It may be risky to call like this, especially if there are enemies hidden in the mist who can hear him, but he would rather know whether or not his friends are safe.
OOC: Perception: 13

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
From the mist somewhere ahead (to the East) of Charity, the Navigator's voice floats ephemerally. "I figured it would be easier to take the stairs rather than stumble around in the fog for a few minutes. I also thought it would be nice to have the element of surprise should we need it, but, maybe Corbin would like some bells to announce his movement. Any idea where the beard is?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Charity lets out a frustrated sigh and says quietly, "We can't seem to do the coordination and stealth thing at same time." She then goes on in a louder voice, "Robert! Stairs on south wall look like it!"

She then steps out around Corbin and to the base of the stairs, making her way up into the mist and tapping the haft of her glaive as she goes. It doesn't take her long to disappear . . . And within seconds of her vanishing into the fog above, Corbin realizes that a complete and total silence has descended upon him! Even the sighs and creaks of the old building settling have vanished!

From out of the fog behind him a scythe blade, pitted with rust, cleaves the air just over his shoulder! The priest spins in place to confront a gaunt form looming from the mist . . . a skeleton swathed in rotting black robes and wielding an ancient scythe.

OOC: Don't do anything just yet - got to let Robert go to keep things straight in my head. I'll cue you in the main thread when Corbin's up.

[sblock=Combat!]
Code:
[U]Combatant             AC/ T/FF     HP Taken    Condition[/U]
Corbin                15/ 8/15      --/ 9      Silenced
Black Echelon         12/12/10      --/--      Silenced
[/sblock]

BlackEchelonOperative_zpsa17c1cb0.jpg

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Corbin_zps618ea041.jpg

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Corbin rushes back out through the door and into the foyer, breathing deeply to clear his head of the sense of dread that's overcome him. After a few moments - that feels like weeks - he manages to shake off the feeling and heads back in. Just as he's pushing past the partly opened door, he hears Charity's voice coming through the fog from the north. "With the monster's silence, we cannot be split up at all. Robert, home in on my voice. Gavin, I'm thinking back to the stairs, then up them as a group of three. I suspect the grain is up there. Let's move once we're together--then we can go quietly. Robert, keep talking, lets us know if more silence wielding monsters have come along. Did you find one too, by the way? Oh, and should we link up physically, like all holding my glaive or something? Just an idea, it's useless in here anyway…"

[sblock=OOC]Moving to the door does not count against actions - Corbin's got a full round worth of moving, talking, fighting, etc. coming to him.[/sblock]

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Corbin_zps91bd12c6.jpg

airwalkrr

Adventurer
From what I recall, the staircase was in the SE corner of the room, so Corbin will move in that direction. "Charity? Robert? I've gained my bearings again. The fog was disorienting me. Give me a moment to find you. I'm moving towards the stairs."
OOC: Move: Move towards the staircase in the SE of the room.
Standard: Ready to strike with morningstar at anything that looks like a bandit, wild animal or an unnatural creature.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Corbin Elmentis
AC: 15 (8 touch, 15 flat-footed)
HP: 6/9
CMB: +0 CMD: 8
Fort: +3 Reflex: -2 Will: +7
Perception: +5
Initiative: -2
Channels Remaining: 6/7

Current Weapon in Primary Hand: Morningstar
Current Weapon/Shield in Hand: Heavy Wooden Shield
Current Armor Worn: Scale Mail

1st-Level Spells Prepared: bless, command, shield of faith, longstriderD
Orisons Prepared: create water, light, stabilize
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Corbin moves around the door and follows the wall and staircase to the east, coming fairly quickly to the corner. The only bandit, wild animal or unnatural creature he passes on the way is a pile of human bones tangled in a rotted black cloak, with a rusted sickle lying very nearby.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Corbin_zps38c5051d.jpg

Remove ads