LPF Silent Tide: The Navigator

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
From the fog to the west, Charity's clarion voice comes quietly. "Ummm, ok, heading along the right wall then." The red-headed warrior appears momentarily from the mist just behind him.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Navigator_zpsa2dc7b42.jpg

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Hot on the arrival of Charity behind him, Corbin's voice calls out through the fog. His voice grows somewhat louder as he speaks . . . though the Navigator cannot see him, it's plain he's moving closer.

OOC: No changes to the last map.

Piston Honda

First Post
I speak very low to Charity while pointing at the stairs, "I figured it would be easier to take the stairs rather than stumble around in the fog for a few minutes. I also thought it would be nice to have the element of surprise should we need it, but, maybe Corbin would like some bells to announce his movement. Any idea where the beard is?"

[sblock=die rolls]Stealth = 15, Perception = 8 (Listening for Robert)Roll 1=Stealth, Roll2=Perception (1d20+2=15, 1d20+6=8)[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Charity lets out a frustrated sigh and says quietly, "We can't seem to do the coordination and stealth thing at same time." She then goes on in a louder voice, "Robert! Stairs on south wall look like it!"

The red-head moves back into the mist toward Corbin's voice, then reappears headed up the stairs to The Navigator's left. Just as she's getting back into sight, a little above him on the stairs, The Navigator realizes that he can no longer hear any sounds from Corbin's direction - even the metal and sandpaper sound of the priest's armor has stopped. The other ambient sounds - the sigh and groan of a settling building, the whisper of grain sliding across grain - are still singing in his ears.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Navigator_zpsad0a2b8d.jpg

OOC: Don't do anything yet . . . got to handle other actions first.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
From behind him, The Navigotor hears Corbin say, ". . . ving me crazy! Can't see . . . can't hear . . . I've got to get out of here!" His voice fades into the distance.

Piston Honda

First Post
The Navigator whispers to Charity, “Understood, lead on.” Hearing Corbin’s announcement, he chimes in softly, “It appears our stalwart man of conviction and faith has fled the scene. As a sign, I don’t particularly like that.”

[sblock=stealth] Stealth (1d20+2=13)[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As he whispers his message to Charity, The Navigator hears his last message fall silent mid-word, and some sense warns him of danger . . . he ducks to the side just as the rusty blade of a sickle comes slicing through the fog! As the rogue spins 'round to confront a hooded skeletal monstrosity he realizes that not only did it not make a sound, he cannot even hear the sound of his own movements!

BlackEchelonOperative_zpsa17c1cb0.jpg

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Navigator_zpsbc7236b0.jpg

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The apparition before him staggers as if something's slammed into it from behind, causing the sickle to miss The Navigator once more . . . so far he's escaped unscathed!

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Navigator_zps28cffceb.jpg

Last edited:

Piston Honda

First Post
Startled by sudden bizarre silence and the attacks by this...thing. The Navigator swings the short sword he acquired from the slain guard wildly at the creature.

[sblock=attack roll]Attack (1d20-1=1) I didn't think I'd need to bother with damage. ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads