[LPF]Something's Cooking

sunshadow21

Explorer
"That's what they called it. I learned a long time ago, one doesn't ask unnecessary questions down here." The tiefling shrugged as he looked at the token Ni pulls out. "Looks like it might be; I'll go check." The tiefling goes back into his room as Fulgrim and the half orc continue to stare down each other. He returns shortly with a bag in his hand. "Appears to be so. Might I ask what you know of what happened in exchange for giving you the bag? Some of my folks worry we may be seen as abetting some kind of serious crime up there, so it would be nice to know precisely what kind of things they do."

Qik

First Post
Ni bobs up and down vigorously. "Yesyes, of course. The group seems to target the neighborhood above either for training purposes, like you said, or when they're in need of some, shall we say, 'easily-obtainable supplementary income.' The local constable and his family have a history of physical ailments, which impedes his ability to pursue the issue." Looking at his companions, Ni says, "Did I cover everything?" before turning back to the man. "We do very much appreciate your help, good sir." [sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 9/9
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +2
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 2/2
Eidolon: Summoned[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim nods to Ni as he finishes telling the tiefling what the group knew, his eyes not leaving the half-orc.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 28 Current: 28
CMB: +5 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Damage Reduction: 1/--

Current Weapon in Hand: Great Axe
[/sblock]

Tark

First Post
"More information about down here would be appreciated." Temarel says. "After our experience under that mansion I did not expect people to be living here let alone polite ones."

"Do not trust the demon blooded beloved." Sauvressa says her entire being exhibiting agitation in the presence of the Tiefling. "His very blood is a cancerous taint from the lower planes."

Temarel smiles weakly and waves her off trying to make sure the Tiefling disregards her.

sunshadow21

Explorer
The tiefling just chuckles at Sauvressa's comment."Most down here would claim that it is devil's blood. I'm not chaotic enough for their tastes. As for why we are down here, folks will find a way to live just about anywhere they can. While I've no doubt that some portions of the sewers and basements in this city are uninhabitable, this portion is not, and while others may disagree with my view, I see no reason to be uncivil just because we live on the fringe of society. I am vaguely familiar with the story of the constable. Those who dropped off this bag speak of him derisively, yet they only seem to come around when he isn't immediately around to reply, which is highly suggestive." He hands the bag to Ni as he turns to go back into his private quarters, speaking to the dwarf briefly. "Let me know when supper is ready." The half orc follows, taking up his station at the entry way once more, giving Fulgrim one final glare.

Qik

First Post
Ni nods as the man passes him the sealed bag of coins. "My most profuse gratitude and gracious utterings, good man." Turning to the others, he says, "Shall we?" The gnome is clearly pleased at the amicable resolution to the situation, and at the prospect of making friends with the under-dwellers.

As the group advances beyond the camp, Ni begins to have Lu search for tracks from the Black Hoods. [sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 9/9
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +2
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 2/2
Eidolon: Summoned[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim acknowledges the half-orc's glare with a nod, a broad smile breaking across his face as the two part. Standing, Fulgrim steps backwards a step and half and addresses the dwarf near the fire. "Thank ye for the time at yer fire. The best to ye."

Fulgrim nods in agreement to Ni. "Time ta be settin' off we shall."

Fulgrim heads out of camp with Ni and Lu. Looking apprehensively at Lu, still not entirely comfortable with such conjurations or magic he also seeks to aid Lu in finding any tracks.

[sblock=OOC]

Aid Another, Survival -- 1d20+5=24

[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Once out of ear shot (hopefully) Vincenzo asks, "Playing the Tiefling's advocate here, would he have a still sealed bag and hand it over to investigators like us if he was guilty of something nefarious?"

Remove ads