[LPF]Something's Cooking

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim remains kneeling on one knee, propped slightly on the haft of his axe as he watches the others in the light of the fire dancing about. He seems puzzled by the dwarf's response to the query on the sounds in the water and keeps his guard up. Fulgrim continues to let Ni do the talking while he keeps an eye out on anything else approaching this makeshift camp.

[sblock=OOC]
Perception Check -- 1d20+6=14
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 28 Current: 28
CMB: +5 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Damage Reduction: 1/--

Current Weapon in Hand: Great Axe
[/sblock]

Tark

First Post
OOC: I'm trying to give Tark a chance to weigh in before I continue, so responses may be limited for a while.

OOC: Sorry been busy. Also I'm the last person that needs to be making sense motive rolls what with my negative wisdom score and all that. Might as well roll jsut for laughs. :p

Temarel pipes in. "My apologies good sir. We do not mean to intrude on your abode we are simple searching for a group of thieves that may have used this passage way as a means of escape."

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: I completely understand the being busy. Don't worry about it.

As you get settled in, you observe your hosts mostly going back to normal business, if they weren't already doing so. The dwarf finishes sharpening his axe, and after putting it away on his back, turns his attention to the fire and the stew over it. The tengu appears to watching the dwarf and the stew. Those watching the north see what appears to be a merfolk and some land based humanoid playing cards along the edge of the walkway leading out to an open air canal. The half orc still has his weapon out and is staring you down still, taking his apparent role as bodyguard seriously, and the tiefling is observing the party, taking their measure before fully responding. Aside from the tiefling and his bodyguard, the others don't seem to be particularly concerned about your presence. The tiefling does not seem surprised at your presence, but is not worried about it either. "Please, make yourselves comfortable while we talk. We are not the richest of folk, but we do try to be good hosts to those who prove friendly enough to talk. Perhaps you could describe those whom you seek a little more clearly. As my pint sized lieutaneant pointed out, most who we see down here could potentially qualify as "thieves" and whatever similar terms you care to use when using the standards of those who live normal lives above."

Qik

First Post
Ni senses the relative relaxation among the sewer-dwellers, and he responds in kind. "Well, sir, we don't really have much to go on. As we said, the individuals in question seem to appear periodically in the neighborhood above; they all tend to wear the same sort of black mask to conceal their identity, and there seems to be a half dozen or so of them. They recently robbed a nobleman (or some other sort of wealthy fellow), who was the individual who hired us to track down and retrieve his stolen goods. I'm afraid we don't have beyond that. Have you an awareness of anyone who fits their description?" [sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 9/9
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +2
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 2/2
Eidolon: Summoned[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
The tiefling ponders that for a few minutes before replying, "I don't know anything about black masks, but there is a group that periodically goes in that direction, and usually have something they want to unload on their way back. They claim that they are on some kind of training excursion, and that the actual theft is done simply to keep the simulation as real as possible for their recruits. They passed by yesterday afternoon with some magically sealed bag full of coins. What stolen goods are you looking for precisely?"

OOC: Don't forget you have the token from the halfling with seal like stamp on it.

Qik

First Post
"That sounds like it exactly," says Ni. "Did the seal happen to look like this?" he adds, producing the token the halfling gave them.

OOC: Between showing up late to recruiting, and having a lot of info in the DWI thread, it's hard to keep track of specifics like that seal. Thanks for mentioning it.
[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 9/9
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +2
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 2/2
Eidolon: Summoned[/sblock]