[LPF] The Curse of the Brown Auroch

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia frowns as the questions are evaded and everyone appears to think that is it okay to assault someone based on hearsay and general dislike.

"Just because you don't like him and he is known to violence is not reason enough for us strangers to get involved when we have to explain ourselves to the authorities after we start a tavern brawl. The White Cloaks are going to stick us in a cell right along beside him. Particularly if I have to get really nasty when dealing with him. I am not the sort of person to play fair."

"Defending the weak when you see the being downtrodden is one thing, but if he hit Grenish because she was incompetent and then insulting about it when he tried to correct her, that is something else.
Who knows what Flerg will say to explain himself."

"
So again, why did the brute hit her? There must be a reason. Or is he just crazy and hits everyone all of the time?"

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative: +8, Perception: +4 (6 with Mazi)
AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor) (Touch 12, Flat-footed 10)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMD: 11, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +4 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand:
None

Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/6

Mazi
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +11
AC: 18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP: 10 Current: 10
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +5
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +7, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
Grenish makes an attempt to compose herself, carefully wiping tears away while staying away from the obvious injury. Trixie stays defensive, but relaxes a little.

"I...I...don't want anyone to get into any trouble on my account. He's been drinkin' again...a lot. I went for a bottle he was drinkin' from, for an order, you know? A..A..And he back handed me."

"Ever since his daughter disappeared, he's been back on the bottle." Trixie adds.

"An..An..and the odd things that's been happenin' at the tavern haven't helped. He's never sober no more...I'm worried for Elisha. That's Flerg's wife." Grenish stammers and tears begin to form in her eyes, as Trixie nods in sympathy.

"You don't need to do notin' that would get you thrown in with 'im. Just 'old um so he don't hurt no one else until we convince the cowards that call themselves the authority in dis town to do der job."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Pirvinia3_zpsa7ffdd2f.jpg

Pirvinia finishes her wine, now that she understands the situation. She sets the goblet on a nearby table for another barmaid to take back to the kitchen to be washed.

"I see, just a drunkard that needs to be tossed in the dungeon until he learns to behave. Very well, I shall help deal with him."

"My name is Pirvinia von Lichenstein, of the von Lichenstein Undead Hunters.
Except I decided to broaden my horizons and depart from family traditions," she introduces herself.

She continues as she address Samad and the quiet tengu, "If Flerg is so big, then I could make a stop at a shop to look into some spell scrolls to make him smaller. However, I already have a spell that can make one or more of you the size of an ogre. Then we can see who has the bigger... well, you know."

In truth, Pirvinia is not that familiar with human male genitalia to really know how it compares to typical half-orcs or tengus.

Weapon in Hand:
None

Mazi

Grayn

First Post
"Undead Hunters?" Grenish's ears perk up at Pirvinia's introduction.

"Shush, now! We don't need to be bringing up such nonsense right now." Trixie says under her breath as she squares Grenish's shoulders, so she can stare into her eyes to direct her attention.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The joke flew over the elf's head. The slayer had a good point, and one thing stuck out from Trixie's addendum.

"You have said that his daughter disappeared? When did that happen?"

[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +4
Perception: +8, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+7, 1d6+3, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Dervish Dance
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/4

Used Items:
-
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Grayn

First Post
"Ay, she disappeared about a year ago, almost to the date."

"Both Flerg and Elisha were never the same after the girl's death." Grenish states as tears return to her cheeks.

"You don't know that, Grenish! No bodys ever been found!" Trixie retorts sharply.

Gorgon Heap

First Post
Minutes earlier a woman had entered and quietly walked to a quiet corner to sip at a goblet of wine alone. Though unimposing and aloof, she’s every bit as exotic as the oddly-dressed elf, Samad; a young Goti plainswoman in leathers and feathers.

She was content to remain apart from the drama until the conversation dropped literally right next to her. She tried not to listen – after all it wasn’t her business to interfere in the personal affairs of some drunkard and his employees. But at last the conversation has taken an interesting turn.

Lightfeather image.jpg

She moves closer to the small group now. “Excuse me. I am not interrupting. I hear you and think this is maybe something I can help with after all.” Her accent is strangely undefined and her wording inexact. “To see a violent man to fight is not worthwhile, but to give a man peace by returning his missing child is an honorable task. I would seek to find this child if she lives.”

Grayn

First Post
Trixie cocks an eye at the ranger.

"You can look all you want, the entire west sides been through the sewers and surroundin' bogs not findin' nuthin' of that girl. If you really wanna help, just hold Flerg till we get there with the locals."

GM: Okay, now that we have everyone in the game and we're at the end of the long weekend, please give me a Diplomacy roll along with any of your questions to the NPCs and we will get this rolling proper.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Pirvinia3_zpsa7ffdd2f.jpg

Pirvinia glances sidelong at the newcomer and shakes her head, "There are so many ways one can be killed without leaving a body behind. If there is a quest to be had in searching for the drunk woman beater's daughter, you are not talking to the right person anyway. You should ask the mother, after we have seen to her husband being turned over to the White Cloaks." The sorceress doesn't see that potential conversation going very well at all, unless Elisha is actually in favor of seeing her husband thrown into the dungeon for his own good.

After Samad ignored her earlier, she asks instead, "Since the half-orc brute is supposed to be bigger and tougher than Grog, how are you two planning to subdue him?"

"I am certainly not going to be grappling with him, one swipe of a meaty backhand is likely to send me flying across the room. I do not intend to get any closer than necessarily to hit him with a spell or two."

Mazi, the thrush on her shoulder, chirps in agreement.

Weapon in Hand:
None

Mazi

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad thought for a moment, "Tales of my youth told of clever Bashu putting the beast Sabok to sleep to rescue the soul of a hero who had been consumed and prayed for salvation. Perhaps we, too, could put this one to sleep until such time as the authorities arrived?"
He glanced back at Pirvinia, "It is known that some who work with magic can do this, are you able?"
[sblock=OOC]I'm not sure what we're using for dice rolls, so I used Invisible Castle
Diplomacy (1d20+8=15)[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +4
Perception: +8, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+7, 1d6+3, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Dervish Dance
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/4

Used Items:
-
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases