[LPF] The Devil We Know, Part 2

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ The Dunn Wright Inn: 13 minutes to dusk ~

MaylorJacobson.jpg

Chairman Maylor Jacobson listens as you discuss your strategy and tactics.

After awhile he points out,
"There are no shops open this late at night that I know of. You might want to plan accordingly."

"Assuming you can go straight to the appropriate pier, the walk alone could take you twenty minutes or more. If you don't really know where you are going then probably longer and it could be fully night by the time you arrive at the ship."

[Sblock=GM Notices]I put in the adventure rules that no one should use the quote function on other people's posts. I would like the IC thread to look clean as possible. I have very specific reason for not wanting them used. I ask that you respect my wishes on this and write your posts accordingly without the use of quoting.

No shopping at this point in the adventure, you should have already completed that.

When you move to the ship, roll Knowledge Local to see if you know the most efficient route to get there.[/Sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Knowledge local: +2

1d20+2=20
untrained, so best possible is a 10

"I am not very stealthy, so I will have to be one of those who wait to flank."

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien clasps his hands together, attempting poorly to think of an alternative to swimming, "Well then... I don't suppose anyone wants to pose as cargo being loaded, do they?"

[sblock=Knowledge (Local)]Rolling this ahead of time (trained).

1d20+7=8[/sblock]

Rubbing his chin, he admits, "Unfortunately I'm still new to the city, and the only ship I know my way to is Captain Ironjaw's cargo ship."

[sblock=Mini-Stats]Character Sheet Page

Condition: None
HP: 41/41
AC: 15
AC Touch: 12
AC Flatfooted: 13
Initiative: +2
Fort: +5
Reflex: +3
Will: +0

Glaive Attack: +6, Glaive Damage: 1d10+4 (+8, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage)
Heavy Flail Attack: +6, Heavy Flail Damage: 1d10+4 (+8, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage)
Sling Attack: +4, Sling Damage: 1d4+3
- Sling Bullets (06)

Handy Haversack
- Potion of CLW x3
- Sunrod
- Trail Rations (12 days)
- Wand of CLW x1[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra sighs deeply. "Then I guess without the invisible potions we go for the illusion + mist route. We must move quickly... we won't really know the situation until we get there and as it seems it might take us a little while to find the ship."

"If that's all the information you can provide us I'm ready to go" she nods at the rest, waiting to see if they want to ask something else to the Chairman.

kinem

Adventurer
"As I am limited to a silent image, perhaps a ghost ship would work" Menik says. "However, I'd be using the power of my bonded ring, which means that I'd be casting it instead of one of my other spells. I could, I think, cast the falling stones spell instead, if that would be better. I've made a good deal of progress today in my magical studies. Perhaps the headband helped. I also came up with a pit spell, that could be useful to attack, separate enemies, or block an advance."

Scott DeWar

"If you cast a pit on a skip, would you just fall to the next deck down? Hmm, as to infiltration with fake slaves, that takes time, which we haven't got."

"Anyway, What tactic would we use then? hire a fake press gang to keep some of the pirates busy while we take on those not otherwise engaged? Or do you have another diversionary tactic in your ring of tricks?

Instead of people to be hired and hurt, what about if fake creatures were to suddenly appear on deck and create havoc?

Or as long as the creatures are not truly harmed, what if the creatures were real?"

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
"The pit opens into an extra-dimensional space" Menik explains. "Those who fall are trapped for about half a minute, unless they are very good at climbing. As for using summoned creatures, I don't have the spell to do that. Might be I could hypnotize a few mooks, though. The crew on the ship, I mean."

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
"No" Menik replies. "It's not a domination spell. At best, if I make a reasonable sounding suggestion, they might consider it. Such as, perhaps, letting some evil druids and their followers onto the ship. That's if the spell takes hold in the first place. Might be best if we could get one man alone to hypnotize. Against a group, some would likely resist."

Scott DeWar

Vincenzo nods. "We need to find the ship, find a loaner, let some sneaks on and at a predetermined point, let all hells loose. A) a rock spell? B) other combatants on for flanking? do I have it right?"

Remove ads