• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Devil We Know, Part 2

jbear

First Post
Maui has no idea where the ship might be and the conversation seems to be dragging on. He begins picking bits of food from his teeth with a small stick that he finds in his pocket. "So ... plan is to find te ship. This is a good plan. Maui is ready."

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien listens to the plan, finding the others clearly better at coming up with something than he is. He eventually asks, "Do you fellows think I should try to sneak aboard, or stay as part of the flanking team?"

[sblock=To the party]Who has the best stealth ranks? Amien can get +6 with the cloak (but he has no class skill in Stealth).[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini-Stats]Character Sheet Page

Condition: None
HP: 41/41
AC: 15
AC Touch: 12
AC Flatfooted: 13
Initiative: +2
Fort: +5
Reflex: +3
Will: +0

Glaive Attack: +6, Glaive Damage: 1d10+4 (+8, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage)
Heavy Flail Attack: +6, Heavy Flail Damage: 1d10+4 (+8, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage)
Sling Attack: +4, Sling Damage: 1d4+3
- Sling Bullets (06)

Handy Haversack
- Potion of CLW x3
- Sunrod
- Trail Rations (12 days)
- Wand of CLW x1[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=sneaking]Amien is better then Vincenzo, fwiw. For all: I am moving today. Will try and be back tomorrow.[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Galandra has +8 and Mika has +13. I believe Lem has like +17, the sneaky little one. ;) [/sblock]

"I believe flanking would be alright"

"I guess we will decide exactly what to do once we see the ship. I'm ready to go"
Galandra stands up and will wait for the rest to head outside and find the ship.

[sblock=Ministats Galandra]
Maidel.png

Galandra
AC: 18 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 16)
HP: 42/42

Perception: +9/+11 vs Humans, Sense Motive: +2/+4 vs Humans, Handle Animal +6/+10 (Animal Companion)
CMB: +8 CMD: 20 Fort: +6 Reflex: +7 Will: +4

Masterwork Falchion +9 [2d4+6] 18-20
Dagger +8 [1d4+3] 19-20
Masterwork Comp Longbow STR4: +7 [1d8+4] x3 (110ft)

Effects: Killer trait (extra damage - critical multiplier)

Conditions: None

In Hand: Masterwork Composite Longbow STR4

Consumables:

Efficient Quiver
  • -Blunt Arrows (20)
  • -Arrows (28)
  • -Masterwork Arrows (10)
  • -Javelins (10)
  • -Spears (3)

Backpack

• 3 days rations, Wand CLW (50 charges), Oil (2)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats Mika] View attachment 57919
Mika, Small Leopard, Animal Companion

Hp 16/16
AC 20

Spd 50 ft
Init +5
F+5, R+8, W+1

Attack +7; bite 1d4 + trip, 2 claws 1d2
Low-light vision, scent.
Stealth +13, Perception +5, Acrobatics +5

[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem answers, "I'd like to attempt to sneak aboard and flank the enemy, when the fighting starts too, but the others are right. We won't know how to manage that until we see what we are dealing with. Let's get going.

jbear

First Post
Maui gets up, satisfied that they are finally. "Good to meet you, Shiny Boss" he says to the chairman before walking out of the inn calling Taniwha behind him.

[sblock=OOC] Maui has +0 mod for Kn Local; He would have no in character reason for having a clue as to what happens at the docks. I am not going to roll as I think it is safe to say that Maui doesn't know a thing about the location of the boat they are looking for. [/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien begins to head out with the others as well, while winding his arm while thinking about a potential long search, "I have a feeling this is going to be a long night..."

[sblock=Mini-Stats]Character Sheet Page

Condition: None
HP: 41/41
AC: 15
AC Touch: 12
AC Flatfooted: 13
Fort: +5
Reflex: +3
Will: +0

Glaive Attack: +6, Glaive Damage: 1d10+4 (+8, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage)
Heavy Flail Attack: +6, Heavy Flail Damage: 1d10+4 (+8, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage)
Sling Attack: +4, Sling Damage: 1d4+3
- Sling Bullets (06)

Handy Haversack
- Potion of CLW x3
- Sunrod
- Trail Rations (12 days)
- Wand of CLW x1[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I too am ready." There is defiant purpose in his eyes as he stands and follows the others.

[sblock]move update] limited internet access right now. still trying to get that at home - doing this at Panera Bread Company on Vanderbilt Campus.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ The Dunn Wright Inn: 12 minutes to dusk ~

MaylorJacobson.jpg

Chairman Maylor Jacobson stands and offers his hand to shake in farewell, "Good luck to you. I shall be around her for a few hours if you learn something or find my man."

He leaves you to your business and goes to converse with someone else.

You all depart the Dunn Wright Inn and head towards the Docks District and pier 12.

-- Time passes --

~ The vicinity of Pier 12: 10 Minutes after sunset ~

Leaving the inn behind, you make your way to another part of the city's Docks District. It took you longer than it should, not being familiar enough with the city. The sun has set, and streaks of red and orange lace the clouds as you approach the wharves. It will be fully night in a few minutes.

A tri-masted galleon, the Prancing Prince appears to be in good condition and floats lazily against its mooring along a wide, crate and barrel-filled dock. No one appears to be aboard her, however, and the standard watch typically found at the gangplank of a docked ship is nowhere to be seen. Atop her bowsprit is a gaudily painted wooden man that appears to be the exact likeness of the Venzan Grand Duke, Stavian III, hands on his hips, a huge smile across his face, and his legs bent as though he were dancing a jig.

[sblock=Combat Information]Updated Map:

Code:
Galandra:  42/42 HP remaining;
Mika:      16/16 HP remaining;
Lem:       26/26 HP remaining; 
Menik:     26/26 HP remaining; 
Amien:     41/41 HP remaining; 
Vincenzo:  57/57 HP remaining; 
Maui:      47/47 HP remaining;
Taniwha:   42/42 HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect: Dim Illumination
[/sblock]
GM: Note, you will need illumination of some sort very soon. Ambient light will allow low-light vision to see in the cobblestone area, but not the ship, dock or water after a few minutes.

Remove ads