[LPF] The Devil We Know, Part 2

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien continues to keep his relaxed, nonchalant attitude towards the situation, "Pirates or slavers, huh? I've already seen what pirates are like, I assume sea-faring slavers aren't much different. A shame this.. so called cult isn't more popular, we likely won't be stumbling across another nice bounty on a named person."
[sblock=Mini-Stats]Character Sheet Page

Condition: None
HP: 41/41
AC: 15
AC Touch: 12
AC Flatfooted: 13
Initiative: +2
Fort: +5
Reflex: +3
Will: +0

Glaive Attack: +6, Glaive Damage: 1d10+4 (+8, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage)
Heavy Flail Attack: +6, Heavy Flail Damage: 1d10+4 (+8, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage)
Sling Attack: +4, Sling Damage: 1d4+3
- Sling Bullets (06)

Handy Haversack
- Potion of CLW x3
- Sunrod
- Trail Rations (12 days)
- Wand of CLW x1[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=DM]
[sblock=For Scott]I don't know what you got going in your last post, it was a tiny pic and a bunch of white.

[/sblock]
I was trying to give you a head shot for a token. Oh well, looks like you got what I was trying to do.
[sblock=Note on Mini-stats]All I need to see in those are the things that are Dynamic. The rest I can get from the link to your character sheet which I want included.
Specifically:
Current AC
Current HP (btw, Galandra should be completely healed, Soulnova ;) )
Current Saves
Other Conditions in effect (i.e. Mage Armor)
Spells and Abilities per day remaining
Weapon in hand[/sblock]

I will get a better mini stat going.
[/sblock]

Vincenzo stands and addresses The Chairman politely with a bow, "Sir, Vincenzo of family Del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio. So, this ship was taken as booty from slavers by the Duke, then sold, to pirates/slavers. If this ship is captured - again - as booty, would there be a contest of ownership? Also," He adds thoughtfully, rubbing his rough whiskered chin, " is it known of what armaments were on her when the Duke sold the good ship?"

[sblock=mini stats]

Vincenzo's character sheet

DEFENSE

HP: 57/57
AC: 19
AC Touch: 14
AC Flatfooted: 16
Fort: +6
Will: +2

OFFENSE - Weapon in hand

Rapier Attack: +11; Damage: 1d6+7, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: P

CONSUMABLE ITEMS

Handy Haversack
- Sun Rod x 5
- Trail Rations (8 days)
- Rope, silk 50 ft
- Weapon blanch [cold iron] x2

Special note to DM: I am thinking of taking a level of rogue for next level.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ The Dunn Wright Inn: 15 minutes to dusk ~

MaylorJacobson.jpg

Chairman Maylor Jacobson looks thoughtful as he answers Menik's question, "Well... I think a typical compliment is about twenty, but that is just an estimate to sail a tri-master. They could be carrying much more than that. The ship is probably armed with ballista, maybe four or six."

"The word is she is getting ready to sail with the tide in the morning, but the crew could be ashore for some last liberty. If there are slaves on board as we suspect, you need to waste no time rescuing them. If the crew is all on board and prepping to get underway, it could be too late as it is."

"If you manage to capture it, then you can certainly sell it later if you want. If you find kidnapped citizens, no solicitor in Venza will want to dispute your claim if the new owners are criminals and dead."

"You will still get an reward from the Crusaders of you rescue my agent as well."

He looks at you to see if you have any more questions.

soulnova

Explorer
"...armed with ballista, maybe four or six."

Galadra's mouth make a stern thin line and glances back at Amien. She obviously doesn't like the way that sounds and he might know why. She nods slowly to the Chairman.
"Alright... I guess we should get moving now if they are going to be sailing at dawn. We might not get enough time to scout the area otherwise..."

"Selling the ship might be quite a good reward as it is..."
she chuckles "Let's try not to burn it down"

soulnova

Explorer
"I doubt it. For what we know that guy Ismacco seems to be their broker. I guess a cult like them would be quite suspicious of someone else coming to buy their stuff..." Galandra leans back on her chair with a serious look on her face. "Perhaps the idea of the druid cloaks wouldn't be so good after all... we would need a hell of a good silver tongue for that and I'm not so good at making up lies" She looks at Maui wondering if he would have better luck with that.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Charging up the gang plank might be a tricky move. Anyone here a good swimmer and handy with climbing gear," Lem asks doubtfully. "I think I might be able to sneak on board, but I doubt that holds for everyone."

WindCrystal

First Post
Finally hearing an idea of something he might actually be decent at, Amien readily adjusts the feel of his leather armor in eagerness to be useful in that area, and gives Lem a confident, assured look, "Maybe it doesn't hold for everyone, but it does for me. I have a rope and a hook in my baggy for such an occasion." He's probably overselling himself, but still most likely one of the more well suited people in the party for Lem's idea.

[sblock=Mini-Stats]Character Sheet Page

HP: 41/41
AC: 15
AC Touch: 12
AC Flatfooted: 13
Fort: +5
Will: +0

Glaive Attack: +6, Glaive Damage: 1d10+4 (+8, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage)
Heavy Flail Attack: +6, Heavy Flail Damage: 1d10+4 (+8, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage)
Sling Attack: +4, Sling Damage: 1d4+3
- Sling Bullets (06)

Handy Haversack
- Potion of CLW x3
- Sunrod
- Trail Rations (12 days)
- Wand of CLW x1[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I am no good at being sneaky, but being from a family of merchants, I have learned to talk my way through a time or two. However, I tend to apply bluffing to actions more then words." He shrugs apologetically. He then takes off the showy merchants garb an returns to his normal adventure gear.

Remove ads